Advice for new rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.
Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry

Last edited:
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
The Rakza X are already high-end rubbers. If these do not give you enough power, you should probably look at a faster blade.
In saying this, since your rubbers are 2 years old, a couple of new sheets are already going to give you significant;y more spin and a little more power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

Compared to your existing dead rubbers, playing with newer/faster rubbers will seem to give more power, for a bit .. Xiom Omega Pro, Xiom Omega Tour, Andro Rasanter R47/48, Tibhar Evolution MX-P, are some options.. If you don't mind getting freaky, then boost the rubbers..

However, if you want a significantly noticeable bump in power, go with Haggisv's suggestion of switching both, blade & rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Remember the power comes from you, not Your equipment…

Cheers
L-zr

LOL .. says the guy who plays with a Primorac Carbon .. But, yes, there is some truth in what you say .. For Example, I can generate the same ball-speed/power with a Joola Toni Hold Whitespot + Reactor Corbor rubbers, as I can with a Primorac + Rakza 7 combo... However, I would have to put-in a lot more effort, with the former setup.. This considerable effort, over a a period of time, can cause considerable amount of strain .. Playing with the right equipment, just makes it easier, and less strenuous.

Reactions: Ktandean and NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The Rakza X are already high-end rubbers. If these do not give you enough power, you should probably look at a faster blade.
In saying this, since your rubbers are 2 years old, a couple of new sheets are already going to give you significant;y more spin and a little more power.
He said VEGA X.

But even for those what you said seems right, especially the part about the old rubbers.
A new pair of VEGA X should feel like a brand new, super powerful rubber, so my advice would be to go for that and then maybe think again after a couple of months.

Reactions: latej

LOL .. says the guy who plays with a Primorac Carbon .. But, yes, there is some truth in what you say .. For Example, I can generate the same ball-speed/power with a Joola Toni Hold Whitespot + Reactor Corbor rubbers, as I can with a Primorac + Rakza 7 combo... However, I would have to put-in a lot more effort, with the former setup.. This considerable effort, over a a period of time, can cause considerable amount of strain .. Playing with the right equipment, just makes it easier, and less strenuous.

What You probably don't know is that this blade was given to me back in 1997, and it has a sentimental value...
You can also see that I'm using a very soft rubber. I'm much more of an Allround player but this combo actually
works great...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thank you all for advice, I don't really want to change my blade because I really love my current one. I've done some reading on all the reccomended rubbers and I belive the characteristics of omega V tour would suit me the best so I will buy that one and see how it goes.

I completely agree, but I also agree with Funk Fu Master that the right equipment can make it easier. With my current bat I find myself tired after a few loops beacuse I really need to give it so much power to get good spin and speed.

Work out more 😎

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Thank you all for advice, I don't really want to change my blade because I really love my current one. I've done some reading on all the reccomended rubbers and I belive the characteristics of omega V tour would suit me the best so I will buy that one and see how it goes.

Good idea and if you want a bit more from the middle distance and a bit softer feel OV Euro maybe better. BTW, somewhere was discussed that OV tour and Rakza X share lots of similarities. Rakza X is one of my favorites in every aspect but chopping.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Remember the power comes from you, not Your equipment…

Cheers
L-zr

This is very true. To a degree.

I'd probably argue that it's very accurate for a developing player/intermediate player who is learning the game. I say it to my son all the time.

But there gets to a point where it no longer becomes quite as relevant.

If you give FZD a Primorac ALL blade with ALL Rubbers.... He's still beating all of us, but I shouldn't think he's beating anyone in the top 10 (extreme example I know).

The body power is absolutely the most important thing, but the equipment becomes a little more important down the line.

Reactions: Ktandean
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Lets use Timo Boll as an example - He played with the TBALC, for years, but since a year or 2, has switched to Primorac carbon. His reason is that, now, at 40, he finds that the Primorac helps him with the power-shots, more easily ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ktandean

NDH

says Spin to win!
Lets use Timo Boll as an example - He played with the TBALC, for years, but since a year or 2, has switched to Primorac carbon. His reason is that, now, at 40, he finds that the Primorac helps him with the power-shots, more easily ..

I bet switching to Dignics 09c on both sides didn't help either - Much slower than the previous rubbers he's been using.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry

Marko,I tried Xiom Omega Series rubbers. They are very very good. I used Omega 7 Pro on my Forehand and I was very pleased with the results. However, I felt that the rubber is bit too quick for my needs. I am an intermediate level player and don't have that great footwork to utilize the benefits of a very fast rubber.I would recommend that if you are looking for extra speed then think of trying Omega series. The earlier versions, like 4 series and 5 series would be adequate for your needs. I, myself would look at the earlier versions of Omega series in case I am going for Xiom again. But if you are good with your movement then by all means try the 7 series. It's very good in all regards including durability.Thanks, KM1976

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.
Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry

There are also Butterfly and Stiga dealers in Croatia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

I bet switching to Dignics 09c on both sides didn't help either - Much slower than the previous rubbers he's been using.Maybe

Could be, and could be one reason for the muscular problems that made him change the blade in the first place ;)

But the switch to the Primorac Carbon seems to become more permanent than expected. Shortly after the switch Boll still proclaimed a timely return to the ALC, because it offers more options.