Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 20 231
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 231 20

Backhand loop rubber

I have a question because I'm hesitating for my setup for next year...

I play with Rakza 7 soft in the FH but i'm looking for a new rubber for my BH.

I hesitate between Rakza 7 soft and Calibra Spin

In my backhand I like to loop on underspin to open the game or to finish off immediately ...

I play agressive, mostly on spin with my both sides so it's an important choice.

What do you guys think?

This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,565 1,820
    This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,820 1,565
    Why do you want a new rubber for your BH?
    Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

To improve my game, my rubber now is too slow and i want to be more agressive with loops

This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,565 1,820
    This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,820 1,565
    Have you tried playing with your current Rakza 7 soft in your BH?
    Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Yes i have and it's nice
    But does someone play with Calibra Spin?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 5 143
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 143 5
    Andro have just made a new rubber called Andro Rasant. They say that it's a good rubber for looping and specially on the backhand.
    SETUPS:
    Blade: Andro Temper Tech ALL+ FH: Andro Hexer Powersponge 1,7MM BH: Andro Hexer Powersponge 1,7MM
    Blade: Dr. Neubauer Kung Fu FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO 2,2MM BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist OX

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 7 210
    S
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 210 7
    well if you like it then get rakza 7 soft for BH, although i prefer rakza 7 as i prefer harder sponge rubbers, rakza 7 soft is nonetheless a good BH rubber, havent tried calibra spin though

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

But i have the feeling that i can't recieve the serve as well with harder rubbers...

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 157 1,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,871 157
    It's best if you use Calibra Sound (soft and immense spin plus that great sound when you hit it). Calibra Spin is a bit springy.
    To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

says i saw a vid of me playing, it was horrible to see

Advanced TTD Member 62 222
    P
    says i saw a vid of me playing, it was horrible to see

Advanced TTD Member 222 62
    Quote Originally Posted by azlan
    It's best if you use Calibra Sound (soft and immense spin plus that great sound when you hit it). Calibra Spin is a bit springy.
    I would NOT recommend Calibra Sound for your backhand Scopnox , i have played with this Calibra Sound and it is not so spin oriented, but i find it VERY springy, a LOT of catapult and speed , very aggressive stuff. Very difficult to push short or other short game. I play in Belgium as a C4 (2e prov Vlaams-Brabant, we zijn 2de dit jaar in onze reeks). Waar speel jij ? Klassement ?

It is possible to make good spin with it but after a short time the pure grip of the rubber is gone and it becomes a speed deamon imo

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Hmmm interesting Philly... I find it too soft for me which is why I'm using Xom Vega Pro for my BH.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 33 155
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 155 33

User Info Menu

How bout you try Bty Sriver G3FX.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by phillypong
    I would NOT recommend Calibra Sound for your backhand Scopnox , i have played with this Calibra Sound and it is not so spin oriented, but i find it VERY springy, a LOT of catapult and speed , very aggressive stuff. Very difficult to push short or other short game. I play in Belgium as a C4 (2e prov Vlaams-Brabant, we zijn 2de dit jaar in onze reeks). Waar speel jij ? Klassement ?

It is possible to make good spin with it but after a short time the pure grip of the rubber is gone and it becomes a speed deamon imo
    ik speel ook in Vl brabant en ben E6 maar ga E0 worden volgend jaar... ik weet dat dit je wrs gaat afschrikken en je gaat denken dat ik slecht ben maar ik ben heeel hard onder geklasseerd ...

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by azlan
    Hmmm interesting Philly... I find it too soft for me which is why I'm using Xom Vega Pro for my BH.
    I play with 1.8 mm in my BH, but should i change to 2.0mm? Then i can try Xion vega pro or Europe

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 69 912
    M
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 69
    If you're having trouble opening up on loops then that is a technique thing not a rubber thing. No matter what the rubber as long as the technique is solid you should be able to open up on the underspin serves or pushes. If you need a bit more dwell then softer rubbers will help, but if you can't open up with sriver fx or even with your razka 7 soft you shouldn't be upgrading to the more medium sponge levels of calibra and xiom.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. RicharD
    If you're having trouble opening up on loops then that is a technique thing not a rubber thing. No matter what the rubber as long as the technique is solid you should be able to open up on the underspin serves or pushes. If you need a bit more dwell then softer rubbers will help, but if you can't open up with sriver fx or even with your razka 7 soft you shouldn't be upgrading to the more medium sponge levels of calibra and xiom.
    I played some weeks with Rakza 2.0 mm on my backhand but that was last year and I quickly switched to a cheap, slower rubber (Giant Dragon).
    But I hadn't much time to get used to Rakza and I wanted to be more confident in competition because most of my topspins were too long with Rakzaso I switched.
    Maybe this was because there was a big difference between Rakza and my previous rubber in my BH, Tibhar Rapid Soft 1.8 mm

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 5 345
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 345 5
    dude try joola express 2 on ur backhand i used tibhar rapid too on my backhand for a while but thought that it was too slow so i changed it nd joola express 2 has been working good for me

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,455 1,996
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,996 1,455
    try out xiom omega IV elite or europe , elite is a spin machine with very good control and speed . if u like even more speed then try xiom omega iv asia , all omega iv rubbers are very spinny but elite is one of the spinniest tensored rubbers out there , if tenergy is 10/10 in spin then xiom omega iv elite is about 9.5 ! i have tried almost every tensored rubbers out there for my backhand and elite is definetely one of the best and in cheap price . If u like rakza 7 soft , then u will love xiom elite
    I suck real bad so I train to suck less

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpnox
    I play with 1.8 mm in my BH, but should i change to 2.0mm? Then i can try Xion vega pro or Europe
    The Xiom Vega Pro is the hardest of the lot, and Xiom Vega Europe is the softest of the series

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFrenzy
    try out xiom omega IV elite or europe , elite is a spin machine with very good control and speed . if u like even more speed then try xiom omega iv asia , all omega iv rubbers are very spinny but elite is one of the spinniest tensored rubbers out there , if tenergy is 10/10 in spin then xiom omega iv elite is about 9.5 ! i have tried almost every tensored rubbers out there for my backhand and elite is definetely one of the best and in cheap price . If u like rakza 7 soft , then u will love xiom elite
    Is it good for pushes? Maybe I will try it , should I buy the 1.8 or the 2.0 mm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast