Back to Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 37
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 37 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    37
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

    Just wanted input on whether this rubber is still "relevant" in the 40+ plastic ball era, or have DHS produced something new that is better suited to the new ball?

    The Following 4 Users Like Stuart Marquis's Post:

    Attitude, lodro and 2 others

    Last edited by Stuart Marquis; 01-11-2022 at 02:54 PM.

  2. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 63 183
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 183 63
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis
    Just wanted input on whether this rubber is still "relevant" in the 40+ plastic ball era, or have DHS produced something new that is better suited to the new ball?

    Crazy question considering most of China and other Asia countries use it and most of the Chinese national team uses it.

    The Following 4 Users Like Dipak1974's Post:

    lodro, ShakeHold PenHand and 2 others


  3. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 37
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 37 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    37
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipak1974

    Crazy question considering most of China and other Asia countries use it and most of the Chinese national team uses it.

    Not really a crazy question at all. Plenty of people are still using Tenergy rubbers even though these were developed in the celluloid era and are less suited to the plastic ball than the dignics range.

    The Following 2 Users Like Stuart Marquis's Post:

    Attitude and lodro

    Last edited by Stuart Marquis; 01-11-2022 at 08:07 PM.

  4. Dominikk85 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 139 321
    D
    Dominikk85 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 321 139

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2017
    Germany
    321
    139
    232
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    You also need to consider most h3 users boost. I guess if you go unboosted other rubbers are better suited.

  5. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 364 997
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 997 364

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis
    Not really a crazy question at all. Plenty of people are still using Tenergy rubbers even though these were developed in the celluloid era and are less suited to the plastic ball than the dignics range.

    unless i completely misunderstand your argument, you actually reinforce the fact that just because some rubbers have been around for a long time
    does by no means make the obsolete.

    Having said that, I do agree with you that it is "NOT a CRAZY QUESTION". = no questions are crazy 😂


  6. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 364 997
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 997 364

    User Info Menu

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85
    You also need to consider most h3 users boost. I guess if you go unboosted other rubbers are better suited.

    Horses for courses really !!!!!
    On some blades I prefer my rubbers boosted and on others not boosted


  7. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 37
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 37 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    37
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro

    unless i completely misunderstand your argument, you actually reinforce the fact that just because some rubbers have been around for a long time
    does by no means make the obsolete.

    Having said that, I do agree with you that it is "NOT a CRAZY QUESTION". = no questions are crazy 😂

    Yes, I think you misunderstand my question. I'm not saying that older rubbers are obsolete per se. I'm simply pointing out that not everyone has "upgraded" to the newer versions that have been specifically designed for the new ball. My question is whether DHS have made a plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo; that's not to say that Hurricane 3 Neo is now obsolete...I'm just asking whether there is a version that is better suited to the plastic ball. Having done a bit of my own research it seems that Hurricane 8 might be the plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo...but I didn't want to mention Hurricane 8 in my opening post as I didn't want to unduly influence responses to the question. I could have perhaps chosen better wording for my initial question as I put "relevant" (in inverted commas) when I should have perhaps used the word optimal.


  8. harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 41 137
    H
    harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 137 41
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis

    Yes, I think you misunderstand my question. I'm not saying that older rubbers are obsolete per se. I'm simply pointing out that not everyone has "upgraded" to the newer versions that have been specifically designed for the new ball. My question is whether DHS have made a plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo; that's not to say that Hurricane 3 Neo is now obsolete...I'm just asking whether there is a version that is better suited to the plastic ball. Having done a bit of my own research it seems that Hurricane 8 might be the plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo...but I didn't want to mention Hurricane 8 in my opening post as I didn't want to unduly influence responses to the question. I could have perhaps chosen better wording for my initial question as I put "relevant" (in inverted commas) when I should have perhaps used the word optimal.

    The Chinese still play with the same DHS rubbers since the time of celluloid balls (40 mm). H3 commercial, provincial and national have been the same for a long time. Today's ABS balls are a little heavier, so manufacturers focus more on the hardness of the sponge. The top sheet remains unchanged.

    dhs-729.eu

  9. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 63 183
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 183 63
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis

    Yes, I think you misunderstand my question. I'm not saying that older rubbers are obsolete per se. I'm simply pointing out that not everyone has "upgraded" to the newer versions that have been specifically designed for the new ball. My question is whether DHS have made a plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo; that's not to say that Hurricane 3 Neo is now obsolete...I'm just asking whether there is a version that is better suited to the plastic ball. Having done a bit of my own research it seems that Hurricane 8 might be the plastic ball version of the Hurricane 3 Neo...but I didn't want to mention Hurricane 8 in my opening post as I didn't want to unduly influence responses to the question. I could have perhaps chosen better wording for my initial question as I put "relevant" (in inverted commas) when I should have perhaps used the word optimal.

    I think with DHS yes you are right H8 would be the newer and more elastic version but I think majority DHS users will prefer to boost a H3N. Skyline 3-60 would be like DHS version of hybrid, softer elastic sponge.

    I am a new user of H3N been using provincial version 39 degrees for the past 5 weeks after using Dignics 09C for 1.5 yrs and admit I’m loving it. I just testing between the provincial blue and orange sponge currently on the blue. Boosted with 2 layers of seamoon and it’s not as slow as I originally thought it would. Transition from Dignics 09C to H3N seems to have been automatic so far.

  10. Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 37
    S
    Stuart Marquis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 37 19

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Great Britain
    37
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipak1974
    I think with DHS yes you are right H8 would be the newer and more elastic version but I think majority DHS users will prefer to boost a H3N. Skyline 3-60 would be like DHS version of hybrid, softer elastic sponge.

    I am a new user of H3N been using provincial version 39 degrees for the past 5 weeks after using Dignics 09C for 1.5 yrs and admit I’m loving it. I just testing between the provincial blue and orange sponge currently on the blue. Boosted with 2 layers of seamoon and it’s not as slow as I originally thought it would. Transition from Dignics 09C to H3N seems to have been automatic so far.

    I have used Dignics 09 myself...is there a noticeable loss of speed between the dignics 09 and the boosted H3N?


  11. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 63 183
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 183 63
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Marquis

    I have used Dignics 09 myself...is there a noticeable loss of speed between the dignics 09 and the boosted H3N?

    With big or harder hit strokes no, I was expecting H3N to be slower but on topspin strokes not so much, where it is slower is in touch game where it’s easier to keep ball low and short and sane with serves. It’s not a rubber you can just passively block with as it will just go into the net so u have to actively block or counter.

    I do think the 39degrees provincial is softer feeling than actually Dignics 09C personally and the orange sponge is softer than the blue. I tested a slightly used orange given to me first before getting a blue sponge which I’m now using, I also have a brand new orange sponge which I will possibly boost and test next week or when I don’t have important matches.

    reviews and most peoples opinions are blue is harder than orange sponge, I can’t comment on that yet as my blue is new and I haven’t tested the new orange yet. My blade is lin Gaoyuan ALC which is effectively similar to Viscaria just little softer feeling.


  12. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 364 997
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 997 364

    User Info Menu

    #12
    Dipak1974

    sais:
    It’s not a rubber you can just passively block with as it will just go into the net so u have to actively block or counter.

    Like i said before, it is horses for courses. Of course if one has an H3 on a attacking blade passive blocking can become a problem.
    However, if one glues the H3 NEO -boosted on a "dull" blade like a TSP BlockmanII , passive blocking becomes childs-play


  13. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 113 341
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 341 113
    #13
    Yes it's still relevant and also the H8 is, regarding to the description, developed for the plastic ball.

  14. Yannickttc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 2
    Y
    Yannickttc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 0

    User Info Menu

    #14

    I tried the hurricane 3. Non boosted. Was rather heavy to topspin. I am playing now the dignics 09c is much better.


  15. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 599 1,119
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,119 599

    User Info Menu

    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannickttc

    I tried the hurricane 3. Non boosted. Was rather heavy to topspin. I am playing now the dignics 09c is much better.

    D09C is way different to H3!!!


  16. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,512 2,639
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,639 2,512
    #16
    From what I’ve seen, H3 is often very different from H3 already. A shame, really; good H3 played very good, bad H3… not really.

  17. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 599 1,119
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,119 599

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by yoass
    From what I’ve seen, H3 is often very different from H3 already. A shame, really; good H3 played very good, bad H3… not really.

    has the quality control gone through the floor? Or have DHS changed something in the ‘recipe’ of the rubber?
    I generally used a provincial version of H3 Neo in the past, the sheets of H8-80 I bought have been very consistent in quality and played well.


  18. Wrighty67 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 82 187
    Wrighty67's Avatar
    Wrighty67 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 187 82

    User Info Menu

    #18
    Having come back to the game fairly recently I have come to really enjoy Hurricane on my FH. Tried it in a few forms on a few different blades (Stiga all round / DHS301x / Clipper) I’ve settled on 40 or 41 deg and boosted in the Provincial form. I love its simple linearity - it offers up whatever you put in. Short game control is great once you find your length, and offensive topspin is just better than any tensor style rubber I have used before once you develop and commit to a full stroke.

    The Following User Likes Wrighty67's Post:

    lodro


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.