similar rubber to skyline 2 neo who dont need boost

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Maybe one of those hybrid rubbers like the tibhar k2 or k3 could work. I think they have a tacky rubber but a more springy sponge than tge classic chinese rubbers

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tau2, as mocker88 said is definitely more bouncy, the sheets I have tried have retained tack very well.
If you don’t want to boost, and still want a tacky top sheet then the best options are the hybrid type rubbers.
There are a lot of hybrid options these days, it a case of trying to find one that sits in the correct position on the scale between tacky or grippy top sheet and ‘dead’ or bouncy sponge that you are happy with.
for example D09C is, for me, a rubber that has minimal tackiness, Donic Bluegrip C1 is similar, they both have very bouncy sponges. These are closest to a rubber such as T05 or Bluestorm S1 and furthest away from H3.
Victas TDE, is much closer to H3 and further away from T05 etc
H8-80 is closer to H3, and perhaps Tau 2 sits around halfway between H3 and T05 (especially after it has ‘matured’)

A week or so ago I put a new sheet of H8-80 (38 degree) and a sheet of Rakza Z EH on a blade, I have only done some serve practice with them.
Both were equally tacky, holding the ball for 3 seconds+, for serving both were very similar in feel speed and spin, couldn’t notice any difference!! But I know the difference will become more noticeable when I start playing topspin and loops etc I’m expecting the Rakza Z EH to be more towards the T05 end than the H8-80. When I give them a run out I’ll know for definite!!!!

Reactions: davizoosk and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
im using skyline 2 neo boosted for a month. i currently liking but needs boosting of course. who is the rubber is similar on tacky and spin but more speedy?
thinking about yinhe big dipper

Skyline2 has a small fan base due to its unique characteristics. Which aspects of Skyline 2 do you like the most?

Spin? Excellent short games? Brutal third ball attack?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Skyline2 has a small fan base due to its unique characteristics. Which aspects of Skyline 2 do you like the most?

Spin? Excellent short games? Brutal third ball attack?

Isn't skyline used mostly by penhold players in china? I think wang hao and ma lin used it.

I think the OP plays PH too, maybe that is why he picked it

Reactions: davizoosk
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Use the provincial version..... The best choice... Big dipper is close but not it.
There is anything like it, and forgot all hybrid rubbers.
They are trash.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I have experimented with Skyline 2 ( non neo version ) and played three session of three hours each unboosted ( making total nine hours of play ).

Without boosting, the rubber is dead. You can still topspin but the spin is weak and not spinny making opponent to counter-topspin a breeze. It is also very weak without the tension effect hence is slower than tensor rubber. All in all, it is a sitting duck without boosting.

When boosted... heh heh heh😜 it may be slower than tensor rubber given the same arm power, but it made up for it by giving massive amount of spin to trouble your opponent.

So, my unprofessional conclusion: tensor for speed / power; boosted tacky for spin and power ( if you have the arm strength ).

Reactions: mocker88
says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
I have experimented with Skyline 2 ( non neo version ) and played three session of three hours each unboosted ( making total nine hours of play ).

Without boosting, the rubber is dead. You can still topspin but the spin is weak and not spinny making opponent to counter-topspin a breeze. It is also very weak without the tension effect hence is slower than tensor rubber. All in all, it is a sitting duck without boosting.

When boosted... heh heh heh😜 it may be slower than tensor rubber given the same arm power, but it made up for it by giving massive amount of spin to trouble your opponent.

So, my unprofessional conclusion: tensor for speed / power; boosted tacky for spin and power ( if you have the arm strength ).

as a penholder ive been eyeing skyline 2 for a while

what kind of booster did you use? is your skyline 2 the provincial version? i vaguely seem to be able to recall that u reviewed skyline 2 prov before

Mar 2021

as a penholder ive been eyeing skyline 2 for a while

what kind of booster did you use? is your skyline 2 the provincial version? i vaguely seem to be able to recall that u reviewed skyline 2 prov before

Falco brand,

Yes it is Prov version. Got it a discount during sale time.