BH rubber advice?

Hi there,

I have just switched to the Timo Boll ALC from the Boll Spirit, first impressions i really like it especially with Tenergy 05 on the FH.

I currently use Tenergy 05fx on the BH but i'm looking for something with a bit more control (i have tried a thinner thickness) in regards to Blocking, touch play whilst still having good looping ability.

It doesn't matter what brand, preferably butterfly but open to and suggestions.

I was looking into the Dignics versions but don't know too much about them, im hoping butterfly bring out Dignics FX versions in the future.

THanks for any replies in advanced.

This user has no status.
Hi there,

I have just switched to the Timo Boll ALC from the Boll Spirit, first impressions i really like it especially with Tenergy 05 on the FH.

I currently use Tenergy 05fx on the BH but i'm looking for something with a bit more control (i have tried a thinner thickness) in regards to Blocking, touch play whilst still having good looping ability.

I was looking into the Dignics versions but don't know too much about them, im hoping butterfly bring out Dignics FX versions in the future.

As always, posting a video or PMing one to Carl will make suggestions more accurate.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
If you need a more controlled rubber than T05FX - which is already a very controlled rubber! - try Xiom Vega Europe. It has a very soft topsheet combined with a 43 degree medium soft sponge. So very soft feeling through and through. This will probably do the trick. All the Dignics rubbers will give you less control, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Rozena is Butterfly's more controlled tenergy alternative.

Reactions: davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Rakza 7 Soft.
It's more "controlled" version of T05 FX.
Choose thinner one (2.0 or 1.8) for even more control.

Reactions: Manto76
says Rozena! You complete me.
I wish to add a less mentioned alternative: Yasaka Mark V for BH.

This rubber is suitable for those with weak BH who cannot BH topspin effectively and only wished to push safely or block passively, then this rubber is a good choice for passive safe return. Suitable for beginner. It allows one to keep the ball in play and to continue the rally while waiting for better opportunity for FH loop kill.

if your game if more fh oriented, and your bh is more for block, flat hits and close to table-spin, Vega Asia is superb.
Mark V as Gozo said.
if you want to develop your bh, use as a weapon, Rakza 7 Soft or Rozena, is really good to develop the bh. And when your bh is going strong, use the normal Rakza 7 or Tenergy 05. When i is using R7S, i discover my BH style, so because of this i changed to Vega Asia. R7S is really superb for develop.

Rey

This user has no status.

Rey

This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hi there,

Hey! I really like backhand rallies and I can really recommend you either Joola Rhyzm P (Really good for blocking and back to back rallies with lots of spin) or Andro Rasanter R47 (Kinda like the Rhyzm but this one is faster) but if you really want butterfly then you should definitely try Tenergy 19(Really grippy with a lot of consistency and a medium - high throw angle, also it feels a little more softer than Tenergy 05). Honestly you can't go wrong with any of this options!

Regards, Hope this helped!