Penhold rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think physics and intent aren't the same. In all hitting sports batspeed will peak at contact and drop off there steeply like that simply due to newtons laws
https://www.google.com/search?q=golf+kvest&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&prmd=ismvn&sxsrf=APq-WBtekuH4l6YmkAKMsjcd8k88foSNPg:1650918896580&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlm4iTiLD3AhWigf0HHTDNBZEQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=360&bih=647&dpr=3#imgrc=SFqdJZyYAHxImM&imgdii=nkakOThYUMtT7M

However still it can make sense to try to accelerate through contact because you don't want to slow down before contact which often happens if you don't finish the swing.

Keep in mind I'm not a high level table tennis player but I also coach baseball and it is there like that too, just like in golf or tennis which all teach to follow through and accelerate through contact even though technically it is not possible to accelerate through contact or even just maintain speed as the racket transfers energy in the collision.
​​​​​

Reactions: Marc
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Well, I'm a lefty penhold player 😊
I agree with Dominikk85's post about the acceleration and follow through finishing the swing.
If I have time, I love to use the long swing for making a spinny and strong forehand.
I'm not using chinese rubbers, but I can make TONs of spin with Stiga DNA Dragon Grip.
I made a short video with the Forehand / footwork drill

Last edited:
Reactions: alas26
says Footwork footwork footwork
Well, I'm a lefty penhold player [emoji4]
I agree with Dominikk85's post about the acceleration and follow through finishing the swing.
If I have time, I love to use the long swing for making a spinny and strong forehand.
I'm not using chinese rubbers, but I can make TONs of spin with Stiga DNA Dragon Grip.
I made a short video with the Forehand / footwork drill

Victor! Looking good :)

I’m coming for you ;)! See you at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VictorMoraga