Follow up from BH Advice (Xiom Vega Europe)

Hi,

Regarding my latest post about BH advice i apprieciate the replies.

From the replies I'm thinking of trying Xiom Vega Europe. Before i try i just want some help on a few things.

1. Changing from a Max 2.1 T05Fx on the Boll ALC what thickness would you recommend? Apparently the max version is a 2.2mm i have read

2. What is the rubber like in terms of looping away from the table and touch play?

3. Is the rubber Durable? (I play max 3 times a week)

THanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

Regarding my latest post about BH advice i apprieciate the replies.

From the replies I'm thinking of trying Xiom Vega Europe. Before i try i just want some help on a few things.

1. Changing from a Max 2.1 T05Fx on the Boll ALC what thickness would you recommend? Apparently the max version is a 2.2mm i have read

2. What is the rubber like in terms of looping away from the table and touch play?

3. Is the rubber Durable? (I play max 3 times a week)

THanks

1. I'd suggest Max-Thickness, if you tend to play, away from the table, or 2.0, if you tend to play closer..
  2. On a TBALC, max-thickness should be fine, looping mid-distance, from the table ... I find the rubber to bit a tad bouncy, so touch-play should require some adjustment.
  3. The top-sheet is a tad fragile, but the sponge is fairly durable .. Overall, I'd say the durability is decent.

The Xiom Vega series shrink a lot, so don’t rip it off and reglue that often.

i agree, at the national championships last year, my racket didn't pass the racket control in my first game, it was kind of unglued on the top edge. I went running to glue it again, it shrinken considerably, I stretched to the sides and still passed the roller stretching upwards to work. and I still had to cut the stretched rubber xD. if I try to re-glue this rubber it won't even fit anymore lol. luckily in that match I won against w.o :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Vega Europe shrink a little but Vega Euro DF... just don't try to reglue it.
That depend of the rubber.

Anyway, Vega Europe is good and durable. The soft top sheet is very cool and addictive. The only problem is that it makes the rubber very unpredictable and it feels like you're not in direct contact with the ball.