Tab

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
I have been using Asics Gel-Rocket 9 and 10 for the last year. Both are very comfortable and seem to have good support and reasonable cushioning. However, when I train in a running-style New Balance 410 (they are not proper running shoes) the next day my feet and back hurt less than with the Asics.

I'm a slightly overweight big guy who wears a size 13UK, 14US or 49EU, so the selection is narrowed down to a few Asics or Mizuno models.

Can anyone recommend me some indoor shoes for synthetic floors that have good support and better cushioning than the usual indoor volleyball or badminton shoes that I'm currently wearing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

I used to use Asics Gel Rockets in size US 14. I recently switched to ASICS Gel-Tactic 2 (US size 15). I find it has better cushioning/support and traction. However, if your feet are wide, the Gel Tactic might be too tight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

Interesting. They were in stock not too long ago, but I see almost every size is out of stock at the moment.
I had tried the Gel-Tactic 2 in size 14 and it was too small. The 15 fit after a bit of a break in period.
I always wore a size 14 with the Gel Rockets (and every other shoe). However for some reason the Gel-Tactics seem to run a bit smaller and narrower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
You might think about looking at indoor volleyball or badminton shoes. I think many of those have more support than TT shoes.

Yes, the ones I am currently using –Asics Gel Rocket– are volleyball shoes, however their cushioning lacks for a big guy like me.
Beyond this, not many options to choose from as Asics, Mizuno and even Adidas often suffer from stock shortages in larger sizes, even in their own online stores.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

Interesting. They were in stock not too long ago, but I see almost every size is out of stock at the moment.
I had tried the Gel-Tactic 2 in size 14 and it was too small. The 15 fit after a bit of a break in period.
I always wore a size 14 with the Gel Rockets (and every other shoe). However for some reason the Gel-Tactics seem to run a bit smaller and narrower.

I found a pair of Gel Tactics in size 15 on Amazon.es. 15 and 7.5 were the only sizes available. For €73 I didn't think much about it, although I think it's going to be a little big for me, as the Gel Rocket in 14 is really ample and comfortable. Sometimes I think I could be wearing a 13.5 if it was available.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

The Gel Rocket 14 was fine for me as well. Plenty of room.

You should be able to return them if they don't fit, provided you don't use them.

So did you purchase the shoes? If so, please post here and let us know whether they fit and if you use them what you think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

The Gel Rocket 14 was fine for me as well. Plenty of room.

You should be able to return them if they don't fit, provided you don't use them.

So did you purchase the shoes? If so, please post here and let us know whether they fit and if you use them what you think.

Amazon will deliver tomorrow. Will post as soon as I use them. Thanks!

Reactions: Takkyu_ga_suki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
I received the Gel Tactic yesterday and think they are much better than the Gel Rocket.
I would highlight a greater arch support, a better footfall and also a better cushioning when jumping.
The toe box is also very wide, similar to the Gel Rocket 9.
Unfortunately the size 15 or 50.5 is too big for me. When I stand on my longer foot and lift my hallux I see that I have almost an inch to spare.
I found a pair of Gel Tactic in size 14 (from a not very reputable online store) and ordered them, paying with PayPal just in case. If they arrive, I think they may be my shoes for some time. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

Thanks for reporting back! Glad to hear you like the shoe. I was surprised to read you had almost an inch of clearance up front. Hopefully those size 14's arrive! I was very pleasantly surprised to find how much better the Gel Tactic was for me over the Rockets. Also, I think you'll find they provide much better traction..