Aleksander Karakasevic TALKS SH**T!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022

Hassan, you were so lucky to meet Karas. I like his playing style a lot. I wish I was there as well.

Absolutely! I was completely star struck. One of my idols and the legends of the sport. Prob top 5 backhands of all time! Maybe one day in the future you'll go to another WTTC! Never say never :)

Reactions: KM1976

NDH

says Spin to win!
Any chance you could keep all these videos to a single thread like all other YT channel owners who post on this forum. I appreciate you are trying to promote your channel but there are just too many posts with sensationalist titles.

I agree.

I'd 100% support anyone trying to make a table tennis YouTube channel, but it becomes spam when a new thread is posted for every tiny little video (some are 5 seconds long with a clickbait title.....)

If you have one Megathread where you can post new videos, you'll benefit from a well established thread, and you'll probably gain more support for your channel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022

I agree.

I'd 100% support anyone trying to make a table tennis YouTube channel, but it becomes spam when a new thread is posted for every tiny little video (some are 5 seconds long with a clickbait title.....)

If you have one Megathread where you can post new videos, you'll benefit from a well established thread, and you'll probably gain more support for your channel.

Agreed 1000x

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any chance you could keep all these videos to a single thread like all other YT channel owners who post on this forum. I appreciate you are trying to promote your channel but there are just too many posts with sensationalist titles.

No. Unless a moderator or something asks me to or if i'm breaking rules-- then no.

Yes, I can see you becoming very popular here ;)

I agree.

Agreed 1000x

I do think they have a point. I am not going to force it on you. But, you might have more people actually like you and enjoy your content if you had one thread where you added videos rather than a bunch of threads with these short videos. It would be worth thinking about.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
No. Unless a moderator or something asks me to or if i'm breaking rules-- then no.
I looked up your channel and your content is really great. Your camera angle puts WTT to shame.

But the fact is, it would be a shame if people just got annoyed about your way of doing things on the forum instead of appreciating your videos. Having dozens of clickbaity threads with one 5 second video in IS a bit annoying to be fair.

Anyway, as soon as you add a new video to an existing thread, the thread gets bumped up to the top of the forum, so you wouldn’t lose out by putting all your videos in one megathread like one of the other posters suggested.

I would advise taking the advice of the other posters, because it will make people on the forum enjoy your videos more — people focusing on criticising your methods doesn’t do your account enough justice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
I looked up your channel and your content is really great. Your camera angle puts WTT to shame.

But the fact is, it would be a shame if people just got annoyed about your way of doing things on the forum instead of appreciating your videos. Having dozens of clickbaity threads with one 5 second video in IS a bit annoying to be fair.

Anyway, as soon as you add a new video to an existing thread, the thread gets bumped up to the top of the forum, so you wouldn’t lose out by putting all your videos in one megathread like one of the other posters suggested.

I would advise taking the advice of the other posters, because it will make people on the forum enjoy your videos more — people focusing on criticising your methods doesn’t do your account enough justice.

Fair enough and thank you for taking the time to inform me on this. In that case i'll probably end up doing just that. How do you suggest I go about making a large thread that includes multiple videos? Is that the kind of thing where I would would post once and just keep replying to the thread with new content as it comes? Or would I just be editing the main thread and it would still bump it up? Not really sure how the forum operates. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

Fair enough and thank you for taking the time to inform me on this. In that case i'll probably end up doing just that. How do you suggest I go about making a large thread that includes multiple videos? Is that the kind of thing where I would would post once and just keep replying to the thread with new content as it comes? Or would I just be editing the main thread and it would still bump it up? Not really sure how the forum operates. Thanks.

Some people know this forum much better than I do, but I think it’s just something along the lines of:

Step 1: Create a new thread with a video in
Step 2: Add new videos to the thread as replies, whenever you want. People will also be able to submit their own replies to the thread.

Every reply to a thread or new thread brings the thread to the top of the forum (I’m fairly sure of this). So even if you only have one or two threads that you use, any new reply will make the updated thread the first thing people on the forum see (at least until there is a new thread from someone else).

I can’t see any particular disadvantage of doing it this way really. Having your own thread with your own quirky videos in it may be a great way of growing your channel.

Best of luck with it all — the China vs Germany doubles rally you posted was quite something, did you get to watch/film it yourself at the event?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. What BlackCat said is how I would do it. Truthfully, you can take any of the threads you already opened and just add videos to it. If you ever want me to change the title of a thread for you, it is easy for me to do.

But, if you make a new thread and add videos whenever you feel like it, it will work. And then you can name that thread whatever you want at the outset.....like: "TT Videos by Princeton Pong Alhasan".