Viscaria+ Rubbers change

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hi, i’m using Viscaria with T05 FH and Dignics 05BH, and i’m thinking to change it a little bit. Still need to train more on bh so i’m thinking to put 09C , as I saw in reviews it gives your more control at short balls and better counter spin with less mistakes. The question is if it fits with viscaria blade or should i try it on both sides?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
If it's new rubber it can be fitted to any blade and even Viscaria.
Old rubber doesn't fit Viscaria if it was previously glued on a smaller blade.

• Haha
Reactions: ZFT and Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022

I know that.. but i wonder if 09C permits you more mistakes.. tenergy 05 if your angle is a little bit wrong the ball goes off. I never tested 09

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I'm playing with Dignics 09C on FH on a blade with similar construction as Viscaria.
Previously I was using T05 on FH and BH at some point.
To me 09C is more forgiving, it's not so bouncy.

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi, i’m using Viscaria with T05 FH and Dignics 05BH, and i’m thinking to change it a little bit. Still need to train more on bh so i’m thinking to put 09C , as I saw in reviews it gives your more control at short balls and better counter spin with less mistakes. The question is if it fits with viscaria blade or should i try it on both sides?

Firstly, I’d only buy 09c if I had a good amount of disposable income, buying TT equipment brought me joy, or I was a top player who felt like it would help.

If none of those applied to me, there are a lot of rubbers I’d buy that would do a similar job.

Anyway, 09c is much more controlled than 05. Yes it still has a bit more catapult effect than something like unboosted H3, but it’s much much more controlled than 05.

However….. It also depends on your backhand technique.

09c doesn’t allow you to do those passive “half shots” that 05 (Dignics or Tenergy) does. When attacking, you have to make sure your positioning is good, your technique is good and your contact is good.

Obviously I’ve never seen you play, but if you are still developing, it’s an expensive way to do it with few benefits over many other options.

If the money isn’t a problem, give it a try, but remember you’ll need to be playing quite a high paced game to make it work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Yes D09C requires more effort to play. It has harder sponge than T05 and on slow strokes will be slower, T05 has catapult on all strokes and with small stroke ball flies fast while D09C requires hard hit to generate speed.
If you have excellent touch then playing with T05 will be easier as it doesn't require much effort.
For instance blocks with T05 are easier with less effort and more pace (if you don't pop them up or if they don't fly over the table).
Playing away from the table requires less effort too.
Passive blocks are weird with D09C and not so easy.
Biggest advantage for me with D09C is play over the table: short play, flicks, opening underpins, serve receive. Tackiness and low bounciness helps, I fell I can "guide" the ball in desired direction while T05 catapults the ball immediately and requires precise contact.
For passive serve recieves D09C is much more fogiving than T05. Also attacking any serve with D09C is best of any rubber I tried. It's like almost just going through the ball no mater what spin is on it. With D09C in general it's easier for me to counterloop through opponent spin and keep the ball on the table.
Looping underspin is great with D09C, T05 is also very good in that regard but I feel I can place the ball more precise and more safely with D09C.

In summary I would recommend D09C over T05 for aggressive players that play close to the table and like to initiate attack on each ball, maybe have trouble reading opponent spin and don't have perfect touch but are quick enough to generate pace with full strokes with their body.
I would recommend T05 over D09C for players that play far from the table or players who have a good touch, read opponent spin well and want to generate good pace with physically less demanding small strokes. Also to blockers and people who play lot of fishing and lobbing.

All this comparison is on forehand, haven't played D09C on backhand.