Looking for my next bh rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Yo,
as title says im thinking of replacing my current bh the Victas V>15 Extra. Probably partially to satisfy the little EJ but more so because i have some issues with my current setup surrounding 90% of the time on my bh.

So what exactly is wrong here: As i was getting back into training after christmas pause i failed hitting even the simpler shots. Slight backspin balls were already a struggle. And that is something that i am not used to for several years. The last time i had that issue i was playing with unboosted Hurricane 3-50 which is way too hard and slow with too low of a throw angle.
With my Victas i never experienced this for several months. At first i thought it was my technique or a stiffer wrist because of the lack of training between the holidays but after several training session the issue remained.
If this is sort of a durability issue then i am even more sure about changing my rubber because with a price tag of around 35€ i want to play a bit longer with it than around 2-3 months (2-3 times training a week).

What i liked about the Victas and what i want to still have with my next rubber is the kinda linear but strong feeling. If i topspin. i want to feel that i topspinned the ball (and as you might have seen in my videofootage i do have a decent bh topspin^^). If i need to block i want a block and not a "flying out of the world" shot out of nothing. So no rubber plz with extreme catapult. For example the Vega pro is a bit too much of catapult rubber for my liking.
With the V 15 i could even chop from behind the table pretty consistant. Not that i like to do that often but i can and if have to, to get back to the table i am happy to do so.

I suppose the main issue i have with the V 15 is the medium to lower throw angle at least how i feel it. I need to be able to flick close to the table or even closer to the net with my bh. And while flicking and topspinning close to the table was barely possible with some effort, it is a pain in the ass to perform it close to the net.

I should be talking about pricerange before anyone thinks about advising me Dignics 09c or smth like that. Though this rubber might have the characteristics i am looking for, i am not very fond of Butterfly at all and i am not playing above 1900 where it might start to make a difference, so i am looking for alternatives around or below 40€.

Besides Butterfly, rubbers that i tested and couldnt give me what i am searching for:
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Xiom Vega Europe
Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
DHS Hurricane 3 neo (37°) - i guess still too hard maybe and the commercial version is too unconsistent and the province is too expensive
DHS Hurricane 8

Rubbers i am currently thinking about:
Yasaka Rakza Z
DHS Hurricane 8-80 (37° unboosted) - tested once but failed to glue it propperly back then and couldnt resolve what i fcked up, maybe i would revisit this one
Victas Triple Double Extra (definitly on the upper end of the pricetag)

If you have more ideas or thoughts on my "rubbers i am currently thinking about" plz let me know.

This user has no status.
Yo,
as title says im thinking of replacing my current bh the Victas V>15 Extra. Probably partially to satisfy the little EJ but more so because i have some issues with my current setup surrounding 90% of the time on my bh.

So what exactly is wrong here: As i was getting back into training after christmas pause i failed hitting even the simpler shots. Slight backspin balls were already a struggle. And that is something that i am not used to for several years. The last time i had that issue i was playing with unboosted Hurricane 3-50 which is way too hard and slow with too low of a throw angle.
With my Victas i never experienced this for several months. At first i thought it was my technique or a stiffer wrist because of the lack of training between the holidays but after several training session the issue remained.
If this is sort of a durability issue then i am even more sure about changing my rubber because with a price tag of around 35€ i want to play a bit longer with it than around 2-3 months (2-3 times training a week).

What i liked about the Victas and what i want to still have with my next rubber is the kinda linear but strong feeling. If i topspin. i want to feel that i topspinned the ball (and as you might have seen in my videofootage i do have a decent bh topspin^^). If i need to block i want a block and not a "flying out of the world" shot out of nothing. So no rubber plz with extreme catapult. For example the Vega pro is a bit too much of catapult rubber for my liking.
With the V 15 i could even chop from behind the table pretty consistant. Not that i like to do that often but i can and if have to, to get back to the table i am happy to do so.

I suppose the main issue i have with the V 15 is the medium to lower throw angle at least how i feel it. I need to be able to flick close to the table or even closer to the net with my bh. And while flicking and topspinning close to the table was barely possible with some effort, it is a pain in the ass to perform it close to the net.

I should be talking about pricerange before anyone thinks about advising me Dignics 09c or smth like that. Though this rubber might have the characteristics i am looking for, i am not very fond of Butterfly at all and i am not playing above 1900 where it might start to make a difference, so i am looking for alternatives around or below 40€.

Besides Butterfly, rubbers that i tested and couldnt give me what i am searching for:
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Xiom Vega Europe
Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
DHS Hurricane 3 neo (37°) - i guess still too hard maybe and the commercial version is too unconsistent and the province is too expensive
DHS Hurricane 8

Yasaka Rakza Z
DHS Hurricane 8-80 (37° unboosted) - tested once but failed to glue it propperly back then and couldnt resolve what i fcked up, maybe i would revisit this one

If you have more ideas or thoughts on my "rubbers i am currently thinking about" plz let me know.
Rozena and Donic Acuda S1 seem to work for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Yo,

Nittaku Fastarc G1
Xiom Vega Europe
Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
DHS Hurricane 8

Yasaka Rakza Z

I experienced something similar with the Evolution MXP. After 1.5/2 months when the booster effect disappears, rubber becomes slower and less spin, so opening the backspin becomes more difficult. The ball must be hit harder to activate the sponge and get the same effect as when rubber is new, which becomes harder when the booster evaporates.
For me, the best solution is to remove rubber and boost it again with 2 thin layers of seamoon. Rubber regains 95% of its efficiency and becomes easy to play again. This can be done 2 or max 3 times and after that the tire is dead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Would you consider something softer? Say 45-degrees? If so then a couple of good (and affordable) options that meet your criteria (ie. linear but still reasonably powerful) are Joola Rhyzer Pro 45 and Xiom Omega V Euro.

There's also a review of the Neottec X5-S somewhere on this forum. I haven't played with it myself but based on the review it sounds like it might tick the right boxes for you.

Reactions: Attitude
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
Rakza Z has a high throw, so shouldn't be an issue to lift backspin with BH flick or BH loop (when behind the table). Not sure what blade you are going to use but Rakza Z can be pretty fast and 'lively' on a Viscaria!!!
The H8-80 37 degree was ok on my BH, nowhere near as bouncy as Rakza Z (which looses some tackiness & plays bouncier). durability of H8-80 seems good as well.
Tau2 could also be an option, bit bouncier than H8-80 but not as much as Rakza Z (in between the 2), again Tau2 plays faster and bouncier as it ages, some tackiness is lost but not much. durability seems fine. H8-80 and Tau2 are also great value for your bucks!!!
I have recently been using Donic Bluestorm Z1(FH) and Z3(BH) I think that the sponge hardness is 47 degrees for all 3 variants, the difference being pimple structure, buy I may be wrong!! the Z3 is a good BH rubber, fast and good spin but quite a high catapult effect and may be on the expensive side, however the Acuda range are also very good and less expensive, there are the Acuda blue and standard Acuda rubbers, the Acuda P2 or P3 may also be worth looking at. Sometimes TT11 have some good 'weekly special' offers on Donic rubbers. not so sure about durability yet as I haven't been using them long enough. but after a month playing 3 times a week (about 9hrs/week) they are still good.
Nexy Ekita (47 degree) is also an interesting rubber, but may be too pricey.
Victas TDE is more towards H3neo, so may not be to your liking, but the TE (Triple Extra) is faster, less tacky, bouncier and could also be an option, along with something like Loki Arthur Europe / Asia which both have reasonable tack, not too bouncy and quick enough, with a mid range competitive price tag.

Hope some of this helps!! If someone you knows has any of the rubbers that the other posters and myself mention see if you can try them out before buying.!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi,
Rakza Z has a high throw, so shouldn't be an issue to lift backspin with BH flick or BH loop (when behind the table). Not sure what blade you are going to use but Rakza Z can be pretty fast and 'lively' on a Viscaria!!!
The H8-80 37 degree was ok on my BH, nowhere near as bouncy as Rakza Z (which looses some tackiness & plays bouncier). durability of H8-80 seems good as well.
Tau2 could also be an option, bit bouncier than H8-80 but not as much as Rakza Z (in between the 2), again Tau2 plays faster and bouncier as it ages, some tackiness is lost but not much. durability seems fine. H8-80 and Tau2 are also great value for your bucks!!!
I have recently been using Donic Bluestorm Z1(FH) and Z3(BH) I think that the sponge hardness is 47 degrees for all 3 variants, the difference being pimple structure, buy I may be wrong!! the Z3 is a good BH rubber, fast and good spin but quite a high catapult effect and may be on the expensive side, however the Acuda range are also very good and less expensive, there are the Acuda blue and standard Acuda rubbers, the Acuda P2 or P3 may also be worth looking at. Sometimes TT11 have some good 'weekly special' offers on Donic rubbers. not so sure about durability yet as I haven't been using them long enough. but after a month playing 3 times a week (about 9hrs/week) they are still good.
Nexy Ekita (47 degree) is also an interesting rubber, but may be too pricey.
Victas TDE is more towards H3neo, so may not be to your liking, but the TE (Triple Extra) is faster, less tacky, bouncier and could also be an option, along with something like Loki Arthur Europe / Asia which both have reasonable tack, not too bouncy and quick enough, with a mid range competitive price tag.

Hope some of this helps!! If someone you knows has any of the rubbers that the other posters and myself mention see if you can try them out before buying.!!!

My profile is up-to-date so it is the DHS TG 506x, which is pretty much a Viscaria clone with a thinner handle.
If TDE is really close to a Hurricane 3 than i need a pro-like bh stroke to make it work. So that is a no-no for now.
I played Loki Arthur Europe on my bh on a Yinhe Pro 01. That is definitly too slow. Nice controll and feeling but it this is smth like an unboosted Hurricane 8 without the high amount of tackiness. I must say i was a little bit disappointed with that rubber. But for the price (i think i payed around 20€) this is a decent rubber.

Sadly my teammates all play weird or crappy shit. Interesting to look at their playstyle but pretty far away from mine. So i wont be able to test anything here -.-

But thx for your insight, i will probably look more into Xiom Tau II, the Victas TE and the Donic options. Didnt have a Donic rubber for a very long time.
Is the TE faster than Loki Arthur Europe. How do they compare in terms of throw angle?

Dont misunderstand me plz. No or lesser catapult doesnt mean i am searching primarly for an allround rubber. My bh rubber needs to have a certain amount of speed. I usually aquire a lot of points through my topspins with it. Smth without spin and speed wont do the trick for me^^

@Manto yeah smth slightly softer than 50/47 is fine. How does the Rhyzer compare against the rubbers mentioned so far?

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
TE is similar in speed to Loki Arthur Europe / Asia, the Arthur Diamond Europe is a non tacky rubber, spin is ok but not the highest, faster and fairly bouncy, probably better off with the Donic options or other grippy bouncy rubbers that are out there!!!
Donic Bluegrip - V1 is close to the Loki Arthur Asia & Victas TE, similar sponge hardness, tackiness etc, they are all pretty similar. or at least that's what I thought!! Tau 2 is maybe around the same speed as well. so I'm not sure you'll like it on BH side going on what you've said.
Bluegrip C1/C2 maybe a better option for speed along with Xiom Omega China Ying and Guang, these 4 rubbers are more expensive though. C2 and Guang have the softer sponges
There are loads of other options as far as grippy rubbers are concerned!!! toooo many!!!
Perhaps the previous generation rubbers from many of the manufacturers will be a great option as far as price is concerned!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

@Manto yeah smth slightly softer than 50/47 is fine. How does the Rhyzer compare against the rubbers mentioned so far?

I'd say the Rhyzer Pro 45 feels fairly firm for a 45-degree rubber, and it's not bouncy (at least, not in my opinion) so it's pretty good in the short/touch game. That said, it's definitely an offensive (not 'allround') rubber, and it has plenty speed when you switch on the power. You probably need to be an above-average player to get the benefit of it though as it needs a good contact to generate high spin.

Two quick comparisons:

IMO, Rakza 7 generates low-to-mid-level spin easier but Pro 45 has greater top-end power.
Again IMO, Xiom Omega V Euro gives a higher arc and possibly a touch more spin, Pro 45 gives a lower arc and a touch more 'bang'.

Hope that helps!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Rubber can't excel at everything: not too expensive and good durability, good spin and speed but no catapult, good for topspins and flicks close to the table and flicks close to the net and...If you find this ultimate rubber please let me know and don't tell others 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Rubber can't excel at everything: not too expensive and good durability, good spin and speed but no catapult, good for topspins and flicks close to the table and flicks close to the net and...If you find this ultimate rubber please let me know and don't tell others 😁

Well as i described above the Victas V>15 Extra is getting real close to my currently ideal rubber.
Not bouncy, higher throw angle are no variables for a perfect rubber for everyone but currently for me. This is not the ultimate rubber. Table tennis is way too individual for a rubber to be "the ultimate rubber".
And the rest of the demands are usually already set from nearly every offensive rubber including the ones i mentioned above.

But i give you that i am very picky about the pricerange. The reason for that is, that rubbers tend to be very cheaper. You could get really really good rubbers for around 20€ 10 years ago. Yeah sure you had to speedglue them, but usually you had "the best" in hand with that amount of money. And now i just have to accept that i need to buy from a shitty company as butterfly to get the best? Nah thank you. Imo i am in a very high price category with 40€ so i take the right to be picky about my rubber, especially my bh.

Reactions: dajdosta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Well as i described above the Victas V>15 Extra is getting real close to my currently ideal rubber.

I've been experimenting with the V>15 Extra recently as well and, so far, I really like it. Have you considered the V>15 Stiff as a possible BH rubber? I haven't played with it so can't comment, but I think it's the 45-degree version of the V>15 Extra (47.5-degrees) so I guess the topsheets will be the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've been experimenting with the V>15 Extra recently as well and, so far, I really like it. Have you considered the V>15 Stiff as a possible BH rubber? I haven't played with it so can't comment, but I think it's the 45-degree version of the V>15 Extra (47.5-degrees) so I guess the topsheets will be the same.

No i havent so far. The V>15 Extra was my first Victas rubber. Liam Pitchford, Jang Woojin and several other highranked players inspired me to try it. I mean it is by far not a special rubber. It doesnt really excel in anything and is damn linear. But you have a ton of control though it is still quite fast. Thanks to these characteristics i could easily see some serious flaws in my technique and change them.

I am not sure if the stiff version would provide a higher throw angle so i can create a better arc for me bh topspins and flicks. I actually doubt it because i tested the limber version on a friends blade. It has pretty much the same characteristics besides that it is easier to handle (you just dont need to hit as hard to get a faster shot) because of the softer sponge. The rubber is easier to penetrate and therefore it is easier to do stuff but it bounces pretty much the same way.

Yo,

Nittaku Fastarc G1
Xiom Vega Europe
Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
DHS Hurricane 8

Yasaka Rakza Z

The H3 37 is far from being a hard rubber. Xiom Omega V Or VII Europe would be a good choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
The H3 37 is far from being a hard rubber. Xiom Omega V Or VII Europe would be a good choice.

If i remember correct 37 dhs hardness scale should be kind of equal to 47 esn hardness which might not be srsly hard but pretty far away from being soft either^^
Yeah the Omega series is in the back of my mind for a pretty long time, but everytime i check on either of these rubbers they cost at least 45 € if not 50.

I just checked the Nexy Etika and besides the price problem it might provide a too low of a throw angle. This seems to be more of really good fh rubber especially the harder version.

The Donic Baracuda is probably even too high from what information i could gather so far ("probably to highest throw angle"). Pretty impressive but probably not for me.

Right now im shifting a bit to Rakza Z and Donic Bluegrip C2. Both of them i found for around 40€ with the Hurricane 8-80 (30€) and the Xiom Omega V/VII Europ series in the back of my mind.

How do the V Euro and VII Euro compare to each other? I know the V is 45-degrees and the VII is 42.5-degrees, but in terms of playing characteristics how would you compare them?

Better grip on the 7 and better durability.

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
For those who wanna know - i just had my first longer session with the Rakza Z. The higher throw angle is drastically noticable.
The thing which amuses me the most is that this rubber is supposed to be slightly harder than the V>15 Extra but still it feels way softer, especially on harder and flatter shots. This makes the rubber pretty controllable and very versatile. I can flick and spin almost everything from many many angles.

But i seriously had to adjust a decent amount. Took me around an hour topspinning until i had the angles figured out of how i had to hold the racket. Afterwards i was able to hit way more shots. It made my openings way easier and more consistent The amount of spin is huge especially when i am opening slowly with controlled flicks. Topspins were a bit weaker in terms of spin but still decent.

2 things that bother me a bit:
1. The rubber is advertised and mentioned as tacky. But i must say the tackiness i really low and fading away pretty fast. Cleaning the rubber is a must do after several points to make use of the little tackiness it has.
2. Chopping and pushing feels weird. I cant really describe it propperly for now because it was my first session and i cant pin down the reason. What i mean is that while chopping the rubber reacts different on nearly every ball. Slight adjustments on how hard you push or chop make such a huge difference. Though even if this might be common with this rubber, that doesnt make it a dealbreaker because i can perform every other shot with it more consistent than before and i can attack balls i couldnt before.

Many reviews i read had the issue with blocking because the rubber is spinsensisitive. I cant really confirm that at all. I could block better with it, than with my Hurricane 3 OS.
So overall a really good rubber. If its qualities remain and the durability is good this could be my rubber for a long time, so thanks for advising me this rubber.

Reactions: IB66 and latej