Antispin game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
What is a good technique to play against antispin? The effect of the balls come back against you other way, right? And some times it neutralized it. Should you play straight fast balls or?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not all antispin players play the same way, so it depends. Many use it to block, producing slow short balls when you attack hard, breaking your rhythm that way - or trying to, anyway. The more spin you add, the more you'll have to deal with on your next ball.

One of the things I try is to play deep and flat to the anti side, going for the kill on the next shot whenever I can. If for some reason I pushed a ball, I try to prepare to counter the next ball.

Antispin players usually (but not always) cover a wide part of the table with their BH, and often (but not always) have a vulnerable crossover point a bit more on their FH side. If so, that can be exploited.

Defenders using anti often (but not always) have a hard time with slow and highly spinny balls to the deep FH. If so, mix deep and flat with slow and spinny.

Reactions: TaiHaoPingPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022

Thank you a lot! I will try your method, the guy i play with, he plays exactly how you described. A lot on BH with short balls, he is using T05 on forehand and short spiny balls give him troubles some times. He’s good at fh topspin when have a chance to attack.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You need to think more when playing against an anti player. If you do loop to the anti, it will come back with a lot of back spin so flat hitting it will result in the ball going into the net. I tell people learning to play against anti to push one then loop one. The push to his anti will result in a top spin that you can loop normally but don't try to loop the next ball unless you are really good at returning back spin. In short, you must keep track of how you hit the previous ball to the anti because the anti won't change the spin much

Hitting dead balls is a good idea until the anti player twiddles. You must be aware if the anti player twiddles at all times. When I play with anti, my opponent will often be very conservative with his returns. This is what the anti player wants. He can then attack these balls with his FH rubber using his BH if he twiddles. Most good anti players twiddle.

When playing against anti or LP 0X push blockers, I like to serve short low dead balls to the anti such that the ball doesn't bounce as high as the net. I call it a dribble serve. The anti player can't do much except to hit the ball up over the net. If anti player doesn't keep the ball low, it can be attacked. The only flaw in this plan is if the anti player hits the ball at extreme angles across the table so it lands just behind the net on my BH side. At least the anti player cannot hit the ball fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews