Viscaria Super ALC release!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Does anyone have a speed / control or overall comparison of Visceria Super ALC vs Timo Boll ALC? Considering both of these blades, and I've heard the Timo Boll ALC is quite similar to Viscaria.

I see in the thread several times that the V Super ALC is faster than the original Viscaria with some saying a touch faster and others saying noticably faster. Is V Super ALC faster than Timo Boll ALC? How does the dwell time compare?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020

I have both blades and I would definitely say that the SALC is noticeably faster than the Timo Boll ALC. I would say the contact is much crisper on the SALC and to me felt like there was less dwell time on the SALC. Contact felt great but the speed was just too much for me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I see in the thread several times that the V Super ALC is faster than the original Viscaria with some saying a touch faster and others saying noticably faster. Is V Super ALC faster than Timo Boll ALC? How does the dwell time compare?
One of the reasons you get a range of responses like that is that, most people are comparing ONE Viscaria to ONE V Super ALC. And if you had 10 Viscarias some would be faster and some would be slower. Some would be heavier and some would be lighter. Repeat that for the V-S-ALC. So if you compare a slower V-S-ALC to a faster V, you may even end up thinking the Viscaria is the faster blade.

Since table tennis blades are mostly made of wood and wood comes from something that at one point was alive, every blade is gone to feel a little different than any other. And wood that is slightly more dense will often also be faster. So, if you compare a 95 gram Viscaria and an 82 gram Viscaria, the 95 gram V should feel notably faster and it should also give you a bigger, crisper feeling. (The lightest Viscaria I have personally seen was 79 grams and the heaviest was 98 grams: that is a huge weight range for a blade with plies of the same exact wood.....size, shape, thickness.....

If someone tried 10-20 of each blade with the same rubbers, that person would have a better idea of the general trend. But most people are making statements based on only trying one of each.

Reactions: VictorMoraga