Viscaria Super ALC release!

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Butterfly just announced the Viscaria super ALC!!! Coming March 1st 2022!
Darn it! Why not just market it as Fan Zhendong "The Beast" Viscaria Super Awesome ALC. If they do that, just take my money already!

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Recognized this blade due to the logo tag on the handle. Muzuki Oikawa was using in T.league now it’s finally out.

Reactions: TTHopeful
Sep 2019
059EF456%20D713%2045A7%209FA0%2088F22D0C2F15%20png.png

D0342E8F%202DA0%20402A%209653%20700955537718%20png.png

Pls do allow me to add more facts.
All the informations pasted below are from butterfly global website.

The Viscaria Super ALC is the first blade equipped with Super Arylate-Carbon. Super Arylate-Carbon is an artificial fiber material that provides higher bounce whilst maintaining good flexibility; a feature of Arylate-Carbon. While the basic composition of the blade, such as the wood veneer structure, remains the same as the classic Viscaria, this new model featuring Super Arylate-Carbon improves upon the blades’ reaction property without increasing the vibration property when compared to the original Viscaria.

Although the Viscaria Super ALC was developed for the use of top professionals, the blade has characteristics suitable for a wide range of players; from intermediate to advanced level. It is especially recommended for players who are currently using the Viscaria or the Timo Boll ALC, who require more speed on the ball. The Chinese penhold grip is also available so that more players can experience this brand-new blade.

Butterfly offers a variety of blades equipped with Arylate-Carbon, and they are widely popular for their flexibility, usability, and moderate bounce. At the same time, top players have been asking for a blade with more power without losing the touch of an ALC blade. To meet this demand, we came up with the idea of developing an artificial fiber material that evolved from Arylate-Carbon.

To create a blade that delivers more power while maintaining the original touch, it was necessary to increase only the reaction property without increasing the vibration property of the blade. In general, it is not easy to solve this problem because the higher the reaction property of a blade is, the higher the vibration property tends to be. In order to develop an artificial fiber material that would lead to the targeted blade performance, Butterfly’s R&D department made the most of their accumulated knowledge and researched the optimum quantity of fibers to be woven and perfected the manufacturing method.

After many years of research and development, the artificial fiber material Super Arylate-Carbon was completed. Weaving in more fibers enables a higher bounce than in conventional Arylate-Carbon. In addition, we carefully adjusted the ratio of Arylate and carbon to maintain flexibility and ease of use.

The Viscaria Super ALC, the first blade utilizing Super Arylate-Carbon, was born by combining this artificial fiber material into the same wood veneer structure as the original Viscaria. Top players who have tested the blade have commented that “the feeling is quite similar to the Viscaria, but we can generate shots with more power.” These players’ impressions indicate that the blade has been successful in meeting initial demands.

Numerous top players who use blades, such as the Viscaria or the Timo Boll ALC, have achieved many successes by combining them with rubbers from the Dignics and Tenergy series.
The Viscaria Super ALC also matches well with the Dignics and Tenergy series. These combinations will enable players to create shots with even more power whilst taking advantage of the rubbers’ characteristics.

The combination with Dignics 09C is recommended for players who value the amount of rotation that can be imparted on the ball, without compromising on speed. The rubber’s tacky surface makes it easy to generate heavy top spins and play well in the short game, while the blade with its increased reaction property creates balls with more speed.

It took about 10 years from the first blade prototype to the launch of this new product as we faced various challenges in creating the new Super Arylate-Carbon fiber material and also faced challenges in establishing the technology required for the manufacturing process.
The motivation for overcoming these tremendous challenges is derived from Butterfly’s desire to always create new and innovative products. Butterfly will continue to research and develop new blades that follow in the footsteps of the Viscaria Super ALC.

Sep 2019
Faster and faster!

Where does this leave us amateur / club level players?

We feel so left out.

Butterfly, not everyone who play TT or uses your product is a world class athlete. Cater to your recreational fan base too.
Feel you bro. I just wish FZD’s blade not coming with super alc carbon and instead just an ordinary alc ( like viscaria) with even better control and feeling.
By the way just saying Xiom’s releasing new An JH’s blade to which I anticipate will be similar to w968.
These two blades are what I’ve been longing for this year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The new SALC might drive the price of Vis down, if Butterfly continues to manufacture Vis.

Not many new blade plays well for amateur. Many of them are faster, harder and lighter than their older generation. Still loving my 2015 Vis and old W968. They are slower but the feedback is great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Faster and faster!

Where does this leave us amateur / club level players?

We feel so left out.

Butterfly, not everyone who play TT or uses your product is a world class athlete. Cater to your recreational fan base too.

But there are literally thousands of blades out there that you can buy.
I bet there is at least one hundred blades that suits any amateur/club level player's game.
I think there are too many blades in existence.

says Aging is a killer

But there are literally thousands of blades out there that you can buy.
I bet there is at least one hundred blades that suits any amateur/club level player's game.
I think there are too many blades in existence.

I assumed that Gozo was being sarcastic😉

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

NDH

says Spin to win!
So Butterfly making faster blades looks like they are getting reports from players to have faster equipment. Such like timo using primorac carbon from a boll alc.

Call my cynical...... But I'm not sure the change in speed (assuming the 12.1 vs 11.8 is accurate), is particularly noticeable.

Butterfly have had much faster blades on the market for many years (that have since gone the way of the Dodo....).

ZLC, SZLC and T5000 are all faster than the typical ALC blades (in general), so my feeling is....... This is 99% marketing, either as a stand alone piece, or to coincide with a FZD branded blade in the near future.

It will be interesting to see how it plays though!

This user has no status.

Call my cynical...... But I'm not sure the change in speed (assuming the 12.1 vs 11.8 is accurate), is particularly noticeable.

Butterfly have had much faster blades on the market for many years (that have since gone the way of the Dodo....).

ZLC, SZLC and T5000 are all faster than the typical ALC blades (in general), so my feeling is....... This is 99% marketing, either as a stand alone piece, or to coincide with a FZD branded blade in the near future.

It will be interesting to see how it plays though!

Yes I agree 99% marketing I have the normal viscaria which i'm keeping for my whole life and never changing.

Reactions: JBH7