Viscaria Super ALC release!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews

Actually, no it’s not how butterfly treats their customers, it’s their distributors. Butterfly didn’t sell that blade directly to you, they sold it to one of their distributors, and then that distributor sold it to you.
Also I really doubt you actually sent an email to butterfly. Even if you found the email address on the website from your regional butterfly website, it’ll still be your regional distributor’s email.
Also I’m sorry to say this, if you sent your email in the way you write here, I’m not too surprised they can’t understand you well. Btw, just a hint, butterfly is a Japanese company, if the email address doesn’t end in something like butterfly.co.jp it’s probably not butterfly you’re contacting, and you’ll need to write in Japanese if you want to talk directly with them.
And even if you and your friend have two defective blades, it’s still two out of tens of thousands, nothing to worry about.

I spoke with [email protected] which is Germany/EUROPE main contact
I spoke with Polish distributor too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Konrad is right! The quality control is worse than Stuor!

Just kidding, but I always keep coming back amazed by how beautiful these Stuor blades actually look. Personally i think they play really great as well, but I wish i could pass them to one of other forum members to test.

for me your stuor looks better than my zhang jike zlc, my broken blade after 20 hours of play, have pink and black discoloration on the core, so your have better quality material

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

So? I still don’t see where the problem is, you got a blade, then you claim it “broke” after 20 hours of normal use, then you complain about butterfly not responding, but you’re actually contacting their distributors not butterfly themselves. Now in the other post you said they responded, and three days doesn’t seem like a big deal, usually if you don’t see a specific quoted response time on their website you should assume a week. And again, you’ve been ranting about this none stop for several days now, which is getting old really fast… also, I want to say this again, one broken blade in tens of thousands is nothing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

So? I still don’t see where the problem is, you got a blade, then you claim it “broke” after 20 hours of normal use, then you complain about butterfly not responding, but you’re actually contacting their distributors not butterfly themselves. Now in the other post you said they responded, and three days doesn’t seem like a big deal, usually if you don’t see a specific quoted response time on their website you should assume a week. And again, you’ve been ranting about this none stop for several days now, which is getting old really fast… also, I want to say this again, one broken blade in tens of thousands is nothing.

BTW Duke, it seems like you follow the Chinese TT forum landscape.

Are these Stuor/Lemuria blades known among the Chinese TT crowd? What is the general feedback/commentary regarding them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
BTW Duke, it seems like you follow the Chinese TT forum landscape.

Are these Stuor/Lemuria blades known among the Chinese TT crowd? What is the general feedback/commentary regarding them?

I didn't really pay attention to these brands, so I can't say I know. I have a few friends who plays table tennis that's from China, they all use the big brands, DHS, Butterfly, Nittaku, TSP/Victas, etc. So from the limited data I have, I'd say people who are serious about playing don't use them? 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I didn't really pay attention to these brands, so I can't say I know. I have a few friends who plays table tennis that's from China, they all use the big brands, DHS, Butterfly, Nittaku, TSP/Victas, etc. So from the limited data I have, I'd say people who are serious about playing don't use them? 😂

lol, yeah I'm sure serious players wouldn't be using one of these brands.

But since they are selling on Aliexpress, my guess would be that they are selling several times more volume on Taobao. So I'm just wondering how their blades are received among the players who do use them.

This user has no status.

I have answers!
Stuor does appear on a few shopping websites, but is not popular. Usually people either buy the real thing, or buy some small brand stuff. If they do buy replicas, there are brands that are Chinese(ie. 大先生).
Lots of cheap fakes though!

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.

I have no idea why would Butterfly respond to you considering that you did not purchase the blade directly from any of their authorised vendors or distributors.

You bought that "2nd Hand", you are supposed to do your own due diligence.

TT%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews

Butterfly has three places in the world.
Germany
Japan
China
so you saw main contact with Germany's headquarter

If I wrote something to Gewo I talk with main guy, If I wrote to Andro I talk with main guy.
You defend their Butterfly products like no one, I used a lot of their equipment but I had a lot other equipment from different brands too and I found it is good for market when people show how flawless Butterfly product is in real life and really defective in their nature. People wants to sell their soul for BUTTERFLY, and now they see how they treat GOATS, LEGENDS, THE HOTTEST TABLE TENNIS PLAYERS ON EARTH like ME, and you think TABLE TENNIS will Improve???? I know guys who are sponsored by Tamasu and they have AMMO to get better deals. They deals are 360, it is not even worth to mention. People dream about their equipment and their equipment broke after 20 hours it is not even 20 hours, it was more than 10 hours less than 20, it is not normal use.....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
What are those small brands you refer to?
If I say the names you will not recognize them, that’s why they are small brands.
I’m not saying that brands like Kokutaku, Yinhe or 729 are small, they are just more affordable. Not even talking about brands like Sword(世奥德),Bomb,or website owned brands like PingPongNet(乒乓网).

I’m talking about stuff like the weird Dr. Bull(not Dr Neubauner) brand with a cow head, or the absurd CnsTT, or the no name no imprint hardened long pimples.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Butterfly has three places in the world.
Germany
Japan
China
so you saw main contact with Germany's headquarter

If I wrote something to Gewo I talk with main guy, If I wrote to Andro I talk with main guy.
You defend their Butterfly products like no one, I used a lot of their equipment but I had a lot other equipment from different brands too and I found it is good for market when people show how flawless Butterfly product is in real life and really defective in their nature. People wants to sell their soul for BUTTERFLY, and now they see how they treat GOATS, LEGENDS, THE HOTTEST TABLE TENNIS PLAYERS ON EARTH like ME, and you think TABLE TENNIS will Improve???? I know guys who are sponsored by Tamasu and they have AMMO to get better deals. They deals are 360, it is not even worth to mention. People dream about their equipment and their equipment broke after 20 hours it is not even 20 hours, it was more than 10 hours less than 20, it is not normal use.....
Now you’re just talking nonsense, you should just respond to the questions we asked you in your own thread about “buying a second hand blade and it supposedly broke”. And again, the way you write, I’m not too surprised that not a lot of people can make sense of it. 🤪

Oh, and the email says “online-store”, I wonder what that means🤔, that’s right it means the they’re the one selling the blade, it also means they’re not necessarily Butterfly, because as far as I know Butterfly don’t sell directly to consumers. And even if they’re Butterfly, why would they respond to you buying a second hand blade that no one knows what actually happened to? Everything you said is just your side of the story, but there are just so many holes in that story. You should clarify all those questions in that thread of yours so we can keep all the other threads on topic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If I say the names you will not recognize them, that’s why they are small brands.
I’m not saying that brands like Kokutaku, Yinhe or 729 are small, they are just more affordable. Not even talking about brands like Sword(世奥德),Bomb,or website owned brands like PingPongNet(乒乓网).

I’m talking about stuff like the weird Dr. Bull(not Dr Neubauner) brand with a cow head, or the absurd CnsTT, or the no name no imprint hardened long pimples.

Do you have a link to the 大先生 brand you mentioned. I'd be curious to look at what type of gear they have.

• Sad
Reactions: PingBirdPong

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021

So what would you say now after several months?

It seems this SALC material is more picky with rubber combinations vs regular ALC where the vast majority of current offensive rubbers work well with it. Some extremely well: H3, Tenergy, Dignics, MX-P.

From the posts I’ve read online no one has really cracked the secrets of this blade yet.

Or maybe, SALC is waiting for rubber technology and/or game strategies to evolve, similar to how Viscaria had to wait until 40mm plastic ball, speed glue ban and backhand dominance before coming into relevance today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It seems this SALC material is more picky with rubber combinations vs regular ALC where the vast majority of current offensive rubbers work well with it. Some extremely well: H3, Tenergy, Dignics, MX-P.

From the posts I’ve read online no one has really cracked the secrets of this blade yet.

Or maybe, SALC is waiting for rubber technology and/or game strategies to evolve, similar to how Viscaria had to wait until 40mm plastic ball, speed glue ban and backhand dominance before coming into relevance today.

From what I see, H3 BS + T05H (some with D05) is preferred from the boys