O9C Durability

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Hey guys,

Been using the 09C for 6 months in FH. I´m playing around 10 hours a week. I do drills and regular matchplay. I really have the feeling the quality is less, but it´s hard to tell. I can´t rember the original feeling as it´s my first try with this rubber. Thickness 1.9

I really like it. How often do you guys change it.

Also what butterfly rubber are tou guys using BH and why?
I´m using Aurus

This user has no status.
6 months = 26 weeks
26 weeks * 10 hours/week = 260 hours. I've seen people write 80-hours is the typical life of an inverted rubber sheet, so your rubber sheet probably wore out a long time ago.
You don't mention your playing style or level. If you loop off of your backhand, Tenergy 05 is very popular, provided you can afford it. Emrathich recommends using a backhand rubber a couple degrees softer than your forehand rubber. He has recommendations for both Forehand and Backhand rubbers, which appear to be geared towards an offensive game.
If your budget is an issue, Nittaku's FastArc G1 is a good choice. I used it for several years on both my forehand and backhand. It's been among the best sellers on the Table Tennis 11 website for a long time, and is half the price of Tenergy. You'll likely get more benefit by paying for some lessons with the money you save by buying less expensive rubber, than by buying the expensive rubber. Boosted DHS H3 ($18) is a good forehand choice for many players who like 09C ($90). H3 NEO ($20) comes boosted, but you'll want to reboost after six weeks or so.
Chinese coaches seem to all recommend using Max Thickness rubber (or slightly less if you boost, since boosting expands the rubber).

Reactions: cosgg100
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
dignics 09c lasts me about 2 months

Folks,

erm is a former national player, he has an impact that would damage you on the other end if you are not wearing full body armor.

Such players tend to wear down both topsheet and sponge faster than most.

Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

Folks,

erm is a former national player, he has an impact that would damage you on the other end if you are not wearing full body armor.

Such players tend to wear down both topsheet and sponge faster than most.

Yeah, lol, all relative. RSM goes through 4 sheets of Bryce in 5 days. But for us mortals, 4-6 months sound about right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
D05 lasts longer than 09C in my experience.

A great alternative to 09C is Aibiss but it must be boosted. I have 09c on LYJ szlc and Aibiss on Harimoto szlc and ZJK ALC. They play extremely similar and at almost 1/3 of the price - plus, the booster effect doesn't degrade(yet but only been about 45 days played on the Aibiss).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Question for those of you who play with D09C for a longer time, how do a new and worn out sheet differ?
I am asking because I started playing with used D09C, never played with a new one. I am very satisfied overall, there is no slippage, I suppose spin could be better and the problem is that counters sometimes go to net. Was wandering if that could improve if I buy a new sheet.

This user has no status.
I also play about 10 hours a week. And I have been playing with Dignics 09c on FH for almost 2 years. I always buy new ones after 4-6 months, but at the beginning of each half-season (lasts 3 months). And those 3 months are ok, but after that I feel the difference. The rubber is still very good for the next 3 months, it has a solid spin, but the difference is most noticeable on the sponge. The sponge becomes much softer, so when I put on a new one again, I need to go through some adjustment period.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I haven't changed mine this season - though have it on a couple of bats I rotate - train 1/2 times a week and then one match night too. So quite a few hours into them. I feel like they play better after a clean - so tend to clean just before playing as opposed to after I have played with other rubbers. I love it on the forehand - great spin and consist.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Thanks for feedback. Changed to Rakza Z (max) this week and I like it.
O9C was not max, so the weight difference is big. Bit i think I'll be fine.

Rubber is a little bit slower, but good control and more then enough spin.
The price is top notch, now i can change 2x in a season and not worry
about my rubbers preformance.

Too bad, I really like the O9C, but it's just so god damn expensive ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I’ve been playing with 09c since launch. I’ve been switching my 09cs 4 times during this period. You can read online people being disappointed with the durability of the top sheet and loss of tackiness. But I have rubbers that I played for 11 months which still has great spin and remained its tackiness. I agree with Sagittarius, it’s the sponge which loses its effect after 3-4 months. For the first 3 months the rubber has a wonderful sound on harder impacts and during that time the rubber has catapult effect. After 4 months the sound and the catapult effect are gone. For me personally, it still plays good after these 4 months. The loss of catapult effect is not only negative. Blocks and drive are not as lethal, but blocks are easier and heavy pushes are easier to put on the table. So, for me they last 8 months. 3-4 months with sound and catapult effect, then I boost them one time and play them for another 4-5 months. They play a bit differently, but the spin is the same.

Reactions: latej
Thanks for feedback. Changed to Rakza Z (max) this week and I like it.
O9C was not max, so the weight difference is big. Bit i think I'll be fine.

Rubber is a little bit slower, but good control and more then enough spin.
The price is top notch, now i can change 2x in a season and not worry
about my rubbers preformance.

Too bad, I really like the O9C, but it's just so god damn expensive ...

D09c playing characteristics is closer to Rakza Z EH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Have people got anymore updates on durability of 09c and the alternatives, now they been out a while?

My two sheets are still playing well though I hadn't used it for a while as had been using H3 - but coming back Im really enjoying it (and wish I hadn't changed if I'm honest).

It really is a great rubber for me but am thinking of trying some of the alternatives. I tried K3 but it just didn't seem the same for me and I didn't get on with it. Are any of the other alternatives closer? Rakza Z, or Dragon Grip, Rasanter C etc. And are these as durable? If you go through two or three sheets of these before a 09c then cost wise it doesn't make sense in the long run

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Have people got anymore updates on durability of 09c and the alternatives, now they been out a while?

My two sheets are still playing well though I hadn't used it for a while as had been using H3 - but coming back Im really enjoying it (and wish I hadn't changed if I'm honest).

It really is a great rubber for me but am thinking of trying some of the alternatives. I tried K3 but it just didn't seem the same for me and I didn't get on with it. Are any of the other alternatives closer? Rakza Z, or Dragon Grip, Rasanter C etc. And are these as durable? If you go through two or three sheets of these before a 09c then cost wise it doesn't make sense in the long run
For me after about 100 hours there's some slippage with more brushing shots. I clean the topsheet with the Paddle Palace cleaner regularly, a few times per training session or after each match, as the slightly tacky topsheet collects dust/powder easily. I use the Yasaka adhesive rubber cover when not playing. The sponge still feels OK. I'll be changing to a new one soon so I'll have some more comparison.

Reactions: jammmail