Racket suggestion - Blade & Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hello,

I would need some opinions for a new game setup (especially for the blade).

Here are some details about myself:
  • level: I have 12 training sessions starting in November, during which time I focused on correcting the “learned” movements wrong in the past. Current stage: I am working on the correct use of the top-spin movement - more precisely, out of 20 top-spins, 70% enter the table, of which maybe only 40-50% are executed correctly
  • style of play: somehow All Round, I'm not in a hurry to close the point but I'm trying to play quite calculated. If given the opportunity, attack, but I'm patient enough to make the opponent's mistake or build the point carefully
  • current setup: Gionis Carbon Off (5 layers of wood + 2 carbon) and Tenergy 05-FX (BH and FH). The racket is SH
  • I own a Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft face (red, 2.0mm), new, unplayed
The main problem I have is that I don't feel the ball in the racket. The feeling is not what I expect, the blade (maybe even the rubbers) is quite fast and does not give me decent feedback so that it can help me both to return the ball to the table more controlled and to understand the movement better and better.

My main need is control and not speed. I want to learn the mechanics of movement as well as possible and use these physical principles so that I can transfer strength from my legs and torso to the hit. The same goes for the technique.

From the research I've done so far, considering that I own an unplayed Rakza 7 Soft (which would apparently fit an All-Wood blade), I would go for an All-Wood blade, which has good control, elasticity, and feedback so that I can use it for at least 1 year from now, during which time I could define the technique and the things listed above. Rakza 7 Soft could come on BH, and on FH it remains to be seen.

Current options:
OSP Virtuoso Off-
Nittaku Acoustic
Butterfly Korbel (I understood, though, that it wouldn't be that different from Gionis Carbon Off)

Thank you in advance for your advice!

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
All of your blades are good but use only one, here is my preferred order, use the Yasaka Rakza 7 soft for you backhand:
1. Virtuoso
2. Korbel
3. Acoustic use this if you plan to be a medium distance player(from the table)
At your level right now the tenergy series are a bit too dynamic...I would recommend a medium hardness and spin/speed rubber for you on your forehand and stick to the combination for at least 1 year... for example: nittaku fastarc g1 2.0 on your forehand