2022 All Japan Table Tennis Championship

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The All Japan Table Tennis Championship starts 1/24. Although no points will be awarded towards Paris 2024, it's a highly coveted title by Japan's TT players.

Tournament schedule:
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/zennihontakkyu2022/schedule/

Edit (Added) Match Schedule:
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/zennihontakkyu2022/result/
Select the date at the top of the page, then search the page for your favorite player. Times are Tokyo local time.

I believe matches will be live streamed here (at least according to my Twitter feed):
https://tttv.jp/

You can find the WS bracket here (I highly recommend using Google Translate extension for those like me who don't know Japanese):
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/zennihontakkyu2022/draws/ws.html?r=5

Top players have byes through 1st three rounds so the above link gives a picture of how the top players are seeded. If all goes according to seeding the quarterfinal picture would look like this:

Ishikawa vs Odo

Nagasaki vs Hayata

Kihara vs Hirano

Ando vs Ito

Of course that's the expected QF, but anything can happen. Shibata is a bit unlucky to meet Ito in R16 though she played Mima Ito really well at the WTTC. Hashimoto is in the same R16 bracket as Hayata. Sato potentially meets Hirano in R16. Also interesting this year is that Mima Ito and Hina Hayata are in opposite halves of the draw.
Good luck to the players!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Wow, Hayata and Harimoto looked pretty shaky in their R64 Mixed Doubles match winning 11-7 in the 5th. The opposing team was up 5-4 on the changeover in the 5th game. Actually, I think Harimoto played better. Maybe HH was nervous or was surprised at how much resistance they would get in an R64 match up.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
my coach Oya is seeking a better result than in the last 2 years where he was knocked out in R1 both times.in doubles he's playing with Kenta Matsudaira, so some chance of winning a few matches. They won R1, and play R2 right now, on table 14.I've got tickets to go to the stadium on Saturday

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Wow, Hayata and Harimoto looked pretty shaky in their R64 Mixed Doubles match winning 11-7 in the 5th. The opposing team was up 5-4 on the changeover in the 5th game. Actually, I think Harimoto played better. Maybe HH was nervous or was surprised at how much resistance they would get in an R64 match up.

FWIW, here's the Hayata/Harimoto vs. Izumo/Chiba match. You can see Yukiya Uda/Kihara having no trouble in their match in the background:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
my coach Oya is seeking a better result than in the last 2 years where he was knocked out in R1 both times.in doubles he's playing with Kenta Matsudaira, so some chance of winning a few matches. They won R1, and play R2 right now, on table 14.I've got tickets to go to the stadium on Saturday

Congratulations to your coach making it to the Round of 64 in Men's Singles!.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

Congratulations to your coach making it to the Round of 64 in Men's Singles!.

yes i watched his R3 match against Shota MIYAKAWA, who became a rookie T-League player this year.
Oya lost G1, won G2 19-17 luckily because his opponent missed a few "penalties". he lost G3 by a lot.
But in G4, OYA changed his tactics, started playing with more safety, taking less risks with his opener, slower with more spin, that caused a lot of mistakes.
He managed to win a few decisive FH rallies. He looked also more unpredictable, changing a lot pace, placement, and tactics, and his opponent seemed a bit lost.

G5 started like G3, i was afraid, because OYA made quite a few "unforced" errors in the beginning of the set, but he managed to come back. at 8-8 he got a lucky net ball, and finished 11-8. He shouted and celebrated as if he won the Olympics, LOL...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I think Hayata and Harimoto were fortunate to win the XD title. Maharu Yoshimura needs to be paired with a top female player. He has such good serves, touch, and placement for doubles. He carried his XD pair as far as possible. His partner could not receive serve and missed a number of easy put aways.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
HARIMOTO lost to Maharu YOSHIMURA.
previous winners OIKAWA and UDA lost in Last32 to YOSHIYAMA and Kaii YOSHIDA respectively

Quarterfinals (tomorrow morning)

YOSHIYAMA - Kenta MATSUDAIRA

Maharu YOSHIMURA - MATSUSHITA

Maki YOSHIDA - NIWA

UEDA - TOGAMI

on the Womens side

ISHIKAWA lost in Last16 to Miyu KATO.

HAYATA won her Last16 against HASHIMOTO

SATO beats HIRANO at the same stage

KIHARA beats Miwa HARIMOTO in Last64 and MORI in Last16

surprise player is Mitsuho KIMURA who ousts ANDO in last16

ITO ousted Shiho MATSUDAIRA in last32 and SHIBATA in last16

Quarterfinals (tomorrow morning)

KATO - ODO

NAGASAKI - HAYATA

KIHARA - SATO

Mitsuho KIMURA - ITO

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Harimoto seems bigger than last year (more muscular).....but also his movement seems slower than before. The playstyle from 3 years ago doesn't work for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Harimoto seems bigger than last year (more muscular).....but also his movement seems slower than before. The playstyle from 3 years ago doesn't work for him.
I agree.

Watching video link posted by Dr.Evil, Harimoto's shape is looking more similar to FZD now than before but of course still less muscular than that beast. Perhaps he is in the transition phase to a new playstyle, his footwork doesn't seem to be able to keep up with Yoshimura's fast attacks.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Harimoto's entire career seems to be in a tailspin. How is he supposed to be elite player to take on the Chinese team if he can't even beat Yoshimura and cant win his home national tournament.

It seems like he has been getting bad advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Controversy in Game 2 of Hirano - Sato match. Up 4-1 with Sato serving, Sato fishing when the ball hits either edge or side. Sato claims edge. Hirano claims side:

https://tttv.jp/video/1644 Jump to the 04:56:00 mark

Looks like side to me, but point was given to Sato.

Looks like edge ball to me? Look how hard the ball bounced to the side after hitting the table.