Balls!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Can anyone recommend a 'heavy' 40mm ball? All the balls I buy seem light by comparison to the Dunlop Excel 4* I have (the last one I've got, and clearly a relic). I live in the UK if that makes a difference....
Thanks in advance for anyone who has some advice,
Hedge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Can anyone recommend a 'heavy' 40mm ball? All the balls I buy seem light by comparison to the Dunlop Excel 4* I have (the last one I've got, and clearly a relic). I live in the UK if that makes a difference....
Thanks in advance for anyone who has some advice,
Hedge

Look for balls with seam. Seamed balls have more spin and feel “heavier” on impact.

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
Are you referring of 40 mm celluloid or 40+ plastic balls? I am assuming you are speaking of the 40+mm plastic balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
I feel like my DHS ABS balls seem heavy, or at least thicker, since they are stronger and more durable. They are really low cost, and seem just as good as the expensive ABS balls I tried, but do seem slightly less bright colored.

They actually make balls specifically for outdoor tables that are heavier, but I haven't tried them. All indoor balls should be identical in weight, since there is a standard about it in the rules.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Which one you consider to be a light ones?
All balls which I played recently feels to be heavier: DHS DJ40+, Butterfly (not sure which one it was, probably, R40+), Huieson (not ittf approved, so only for training, but very nice balls, especially if you consider their price). All of them seems to be heavier or harder (since weight supposed to be the same) than earlier D40+ by DHS.

NDH

says Spin to win!
In my book nittaku premium is still king…

Cheers
L-zr

Whilst we use the Xushaofa 3 star balls the most, I would have to agree with the Nittaku Premium comment from L-zer!

They feel the heaviest I've used, and if it weren't for the fact I was so used to the Xushaofa, I'd say they were the best.

Butterfly G40 feels heavy-ish, but they are absolutely horrible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Good value to use would be Xushaofa and sanwei. Sanwei are used in British league and certain comps on the TTE circuit.

Bit more expensive would be the nittaku premium and the Butterdlt R40, the latter being used in the Nationals and also certain other comps on the TTE circuit.

I mainly use sanwei specially for practice matches as get use to the ball for comps.

If u play certain comps or local league check which ball is mostly use and practice with that. But u can’t go wrong with Xushaofa or sanwei tbh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Sanwei ABS Pro definitely feel lighter, than DHS DJ40+! ABS HD should be better, but more rare and quite expensive.
If Nittaku Premium are too expensive for you, than DJ40+ is your next bet. But I recommend to look for the series with additional QA rounds, like World Tour/Busan/Tokyo. Not sure about current WTT series: same plastic, but maybe only generic quality control.