A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 52 26

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Italy
    Read 0 Reviews

The Dark Side of Table Tennis | AntiSpin

My 1k sub special video, a compilation of dirty blocks made with frictionless antispin! (90% of them have been made before the plastic ball era, nowdays achieving that spinreversal is impossible)

The Following User Likes Andrea_Aschi's Post:

Sigurd

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 36
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 36 7

User Info Menu

Dec 2021
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    You have great touch !

Interested to know what goes through your mental checklist to set yourself up to play these short blocks?

Thumb or index pressure?
    Middle or tip of racket?
    Stable or downward chop block motion?
    Weight neutral or pulling back slightly?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 284 677
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 677 284

User Info Menu

Extremely boring, even choppers are more fun…

Cheers
    L-zr

The Following User Likes Lazer's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

says UK Premier Standard Player

Elite TTD Member 1,147 1,009
    says UK Premier Standard Player

Elite TTD Member 1,009 1,147

I have mixed emotions on anti spin! 😂

Do I like watching it? Yes and no...... Once you've seen one shot, it feels like you've seen them all (certainly in a compilation like this), but it's good to see the longer rallies where people have to really think about what is happening.

At a "non pro" level, I find anti spin and any "pimples out" rubbers are "looked down" upon, by anyone who doesn't use them.

That being said, I think the primary reason for this is that a lot of people struggle to deal with that style of play, and look for excuses!

Losing to a player who happens to touch the ball at just the right angle, compared with conventional players who are looping on both wings doesn't feel as good!

Once upon a time, I would have been in the "I hate all rubbers that aren't "normal", camp", but I have come to appreciate their place! 😂

I think it's a skill in itself to be able to play that style. I also think it makes it harder for those players to get better and better, because you are often limiting the shot selection on the Forehand or Backhand (whichever side has the pimples/anti spin).

Andrea, love your videos - Great camera angles and it's a good level of play to watch.

Keep fighting the good fight for anti spin! 😂

The Following User Likes NDH's Post:

Tipiak, UpSideDownCarl

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 111 215
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 215 111

User Info Menu

Jun 2019
    Croatia
    Read 0 Reviews
    @Andrea_Aschi If it's not a secret how do you manage to alternate between heavy underspin and top spin returns to same type of opponents loops?

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 501 1,105
    B
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,105 501

User Info Menu

Andrea makes some good short blocks but mostly the video shows people that don't know how to play against anti. You can Andrea's opponents make very good loops with lots of top spin but they under estimate the amount of back spin the ball has when it comes back. Playing against anti requires that you keep track of what kind of ball you hit the the anti in the previous shot. Many, like those in the video, didn't do that or they didn't have the experience of playing against anti. Playing against LP 0X push blockers is almost as bad. If Andrea showed the whole games you would see that it is really Andrea's FH that wins points.