tired of this feeling

My first tournament using DHS Hurricane HAO and Skyline 2 NEO, I constantly felt the wood "fall", I already knew that the rubber is slow, when I hit hard but I still needed to spin/brush the ball, i think the dwell time disappear. Or when I went to counter-topspin and needed to make a smaller move, and the sponge was more engaged, the ball exploded? I don't know how to explain it properly, it's as if when I hit hard and hit the sponge more, the wood throws the ball away. When the ball came hard and I just blocked it, the sponge would sink deeper and the wood would just fall off or the ball would explode. When i loop kill or strong topspin and feel the hard sponge engaged but not the wood, the balls come superb, when i hit more strong on counter or small movements and feel the wood, the ball explode, something like that. You guys know anything about this? Thinking about new blade with more hard top ply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I think you are experiencing the non-linearity of the setup. Hao blade was made in the early 2000s. It is very thin and extremely flexible. When you put in a little effort, it hits the net. When you put in moderate effort, it might land on the table. When you put in a little bit more effort it flies all the way out. Its speed exaggerates as you put in more effort. Neo TG2 is the same.

So when you combine a non-linear rubber with a non-linear blade, it is very hard to control. I played Hao and Hao 2. Trust me.

If you want to stick to the blade, you need a more linear Tensor rubber. There are plenty affordable Tensor out there.

If you want to stick to TG2, you need a much harder linear blade.

I think you are experiencing the non-linearity of the setup. Hao blade was made in the early 2000s. It is very thin and extremely flexible. When you put in a little effort, it hits the net. When you put in moderate effort, it might land on the table. When you put in a little bit more effort it flies all the way out. Its speed exaggerates as you put in more effort. Neo TG2 is the same.

So when you combine a non-linear rubber with a non-linear blade, it is very hard to control. I played Hao and Hao 2. Trust me.

If you want to stick to the blade, you need a more linear Tensor rubber. There are plenty affordable Tensor out there.

If you want to stick to TG2, you need a much harder linear blade.

i think is better for me still use tg2, what kind of blade should i use? Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive? Can you tell some options?,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

i think is better for me still use tg2, what kind of blade should i use? Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive? Can you tell some options?,

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive is good. At 6mm thickness and a hard top ply it can support the hard TG2. It is still fast enough in the plastic era.

If you have the money, and prefer all wood blade, go straight to Intensity NCT, pick a weight around 88g if SH, 85g if PH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

For me, combination of skyline tg2 blue sponge (non neo) and dhs 301 works almost perfectly. As a penholder player with this combination I found the ideal feel for a short game and serve receiver and more than enough strength for strong Fh from medium distance from the table.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

David, you are a player of a solid level. You play with a lot of decently high level players. You should borrow lots of rackets from training partners and friends for a 5 min hit and see what works for you. Nobody on here can give you answers that are as good as you trying stuff and when you try something that resonates for you, and you think, "I like this setup," then you ask the person if you can play a few matches with his racket to see how it performs under more diverse circumstances.

You are at a decent enough level that you should be able to feel what will be good for you based on testing and examining rather than asking random people on a forum, most of whom don't know how you play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I'm also using harder Chinese rubbers like H3N and so, and I also feel that I get more out of them when I use less flexy blades like (my main blade) Yinhe V-14 PRO, DHS Power G-9 and DHS Power G-5X. These are quite cheap blades as well, but they are very good for the price. PG-9 is the fastest, then V-14 PRO and least fast PG-5X.