Blade size for RPB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Why blade size no not take into consideration hand size? Should we have at least small, medium, large and x-large blade sizes? It seems that would be particularly important when considering the blade surface area left when using RPB?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Why blade size no not take into consideration hand size? Should we have at least small, medium, large and x-large blade sizes? It seems that would be particularly important when considering the blade surface area left when using RPB?

Cpen blade is larger than the equivalent SH blade. They’ve already taken it into consideration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
That RPB Chinese grip is for small Chinese hands, so if you are a lumbering giant, and your big fingers cover half the blade with that grip, you should switch to the shake hand or Seemiller.

Also, there isn't any rule against giant sized paddles. It's just the weight that is an isseu for most ppl. The manufacturers don't make them for the same reason they don't make size 24 shoes. There isn't a market for them. You can easily build a homemade paddle yourself though. I made a few myself one time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
That RPB Chinese grip is for small Chinese hands, so if you are a lumbering giant, and your big fingers cover half the blade with that grip, you should switch to the shake hand or Seemiller.

Also, there isn't any rule against giant sized paddles. It's just the weight that is an isseu for most ppl. The manufacturers don't make them for the same reason they don't make size 24 shoes. There isn't a market for them. You can easily build a homemade paddle yourself though. I made a few myself one time.

Great point. Thank you for your response.