Wood blades

This user has no status.
Hi guys, what is the best blade for a creative and spinny player who likes to do vary their shots. I was thinking an all wood blade or a slower carbon blade to get more speed as I'm thinking in getting a fun setup as I'm a very creative and spinny player like simon gauzy. I like players like simon gauzy, hugo calderano.
And what rubbers do you suggest going with it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
From Slower to faster blade:
Stiga Allround Evolution, Primorac Off (Made in Japan), Donic Waldner Diablo Senso & Yasaka Sweden Extra.
All of them are excellent blades with a nice price, in case that you can or want to spend some more money I would say the Nittaku Violin is a great model for that matter.
Edit: All of them taking in consideration a weight around 85/90gr.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
From Slower to faster blade:
Stiga Allround Evolution, Primorac Off (Made in Japan), Donic Waldner Diablo Senso & Yasaka Sweden Extra.
All of them are excellent blades with a nice price, in case that you can or want to spend some more money I would say the Nittaku Violin is a great model for that matter.
Edit: All of them taking in consideration a weight around 85/90gr.

How do the Diablo play? pretty interesting composition?

This user has no status.
Yasaka Sweden Extra can do it all!

YSE is a VERY GOOD blade, bang for the buck. I was debating with myself to get that before settling on Yasaka Falck W7.
The W7 is a versatile powerhouse while still maintaining a fairly flexy control that goes well with tensors, tacky rubbers, short pips.
If you are strong-armed, you can attach H3 to it for unparalleled spin potential, but I heard everywhere that it's best used with Rakza Z (EH) for a spin game.

OFF to OFF+ rated.
Weight listed is 85g, mine is 89g which is packed with a punch.
~6.5mm thickness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Yasaka Sweden Extra can do it all!

The YSE gets loads of praise on this forum - I really don't see what the fuss is. Seemed a very average blade when I've tried or had one. Not that its bad just don't get the hype.for the OP Primorac is a good suggestion - I would have a look at that or try with that if you can

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018

The YSE gets loads of praise on this forum - I really don't see what the fuss is. Seemed a very average blade when I've tried or had one. Not that its bad just don't get the hype.for the OP Primorac is a good suggestion - I would have a look at that or try with that if you can

It's because is cheap, the handle is comfortable, the balance in a 88/91gr blade with a pair of heavy rubbers (quite common this days) is perfect, it flex, but not enough to be bad for blocking and the design is okey.
I get your point, because the blade doesn't shine in any aspect, but I understand why everyone (including me) uses to recommend it.

Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Butterfly Falcima
1e3a3246295da48a3b19fe2cacbdf37c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

Everyone is different

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

How do the Diablo play? pretty interesting composition?

I've used it for ages, it's glassfiber inner, limba outer veneer. Best blade I've had so far, too bad Donic has discontinued it. It's flexy enough for block short game and looping, with the right rubbers it can be used for ANY kind of stroke, the most versatile blade I know. With max thickness 47+ hardness rubbers you can play at mid or long distance, with 2.0 mm or less thick rubbers in the softer hardness zone you'll be able to play anything you want close to the table.

I've used it with Vario in the 38mm cell ball era, with or without speed glue, and been using it recently with Stiga DNA Pro M or Rasanter R47 ultramax.