Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 64 275
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 275 64

Red face FH Rubbers for Rosewood 5, need some idea

Hi all

Im looking for rubbers to replace, mainly my H3, on the forehand.

The blade is Stiga Rosewood 5, 93g, ST ( handle doesnt really matter, does it ).

Anyhow, I have been switching between Neo H3 (provin.) and a lot of other rubbers. The thing that i like about H3 is the quality of stroke u can produce with it. But then the problem is, it is just too much effort, too much work for every single shot. Physically im not up to it, i find myself exhausted after a game of 5.

So im hoping to find a non-chinese rubber that will do the job. A rubber that is softer, but yet produce strokes with quality close to H3. Also i like how u can really feel the ball on the H3, i ve played with some tensor that will just eject the ball right out, before i could produce enough spin, and perfect the stroke. One last thing, almost all the new, non-chinese rubbers nowadays break quite easily.... and im sick of it.... $30~50 per sheet is quite something....

The last two rubbers i tried for FH are Omega IV Pro, Calibra LT. I really luv calibra, just that they break a lot, and the touch/feel/spin is not good enough.

Right now, Im looking at S2. Also, maybe S3 for the BH (BH still developing, slow loop). Please give me some advice

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 69 912
    M
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 69
    S2 and S3 are skyline 2 and skyline 3? I often call it TG2 and TG3 which is why I ask. As for rubbers that allow for similar strokes you could try JOOLA Xplode. I put that on a wood blade and it was really nice. I can use the same stroke, but not worry about tiring myself out on strokes as I may do sometimes with TG3 or H3.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. RicharD
    S2 and S3 are skyline 2 and skyline 3? I often call it TG2 and TG3 which is why I ask. As for rubbers that allow for similar strokes you could try JOOLA Xplode. I put that on a wood blade and it was really nice. I can use the same stroke, but not worry about tiring myself out on strokes as I may do sometimes with TG3 or H3.
    Donic Acuda S2, S3

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 4 107
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 107 4

User Info Menu

Mar 2012
    Malaysia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuososiu
    Hi all

The blade is Stiga Rosewood 5, 93g, ST ( handle doesnt really matter, does it ).

Anyhow, I have been switching between Neo H3 (provin.) and a lot of other rubbers. The thing that i like about H3 is the quality of stroke u can produce with it. But then the problem is, it is just too much effort, too much work for every single shot. Physically im not up to it, i find myself exhausted after a game of 5.

So im hoping to find a non-chinese rubber that will do the job. A rubber that is softer, but yet produce strokes with quality close to H3. Also i like how u can really feel the ball on the H3, i ve played with some tensor that will just eject the ball right out, before i could produce enough spin, and perfect the stroke. One last thing, almost all the new, non-chinese rubbers nowadays break quite easily.... and im sick of it.... $30~50 per sheet is quite something....

The last two rubbers i tried for FH are Omega IV Pro, Calibra LT. I really luv calibra, just that they break a lot, and the touch/feel/spin is not good enough.

Right now, Im looking at S2. Also, maybe S3 for the BH (BH still developing, slow loop). Please give me some advice
    No wonder you are exhausted after a game of 5, the blade is already very heavy at 93 gm, normally the weight of a blade should be around 85 gm, add 2 pieces of Chinese rubbers, the total weight will come close to 190gms. If you get a blade that is 85 gm, then you can stick to Chinese rubbers because the total weight is reduced to 182 gms. And if you choose non-chinese rubber then the total weight will further reduce to around 175 gms. You may want to reconsider your current setup.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 29
    Y
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 2
    try Donic Acuda S1 if you want speed! ))

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fongchengloy
    No wonder you are exhausted after a game of 5, the blade is already very heavy at 93 gm, normally the weight of a blade should be around 85 gm, add 2 pieces of Chinese rubbers, the total weight will come close to 190gms. If you get a blade that is 85 gm, then you can stick to Chinese rubbers because the total weight is reduced to 182 gms. And if you choose non-chinese rubber then the total weight will further reduce to around 175 gms. You may want to reconsider your current setup.
    well, this is my blade and im sticking with it
    there are so many rubbers out there, really hope i can find an answer

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygor
    does the ball dwell long on S1? my friends are telling me to get S1 too
    im just worried if it is too bouncy

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

I think, what im looking for, is a rubber with the following qualities.

1. play like a slightly boosted Neo H3
    2. Lighter than Neo H3
    3. control / dwell time as good as Neo H3

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Also, im NOT after MAX speed stuff. control is what i care more
    after all, if tthe ball doesnt land on the table, there is no point for speed

This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 21
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 21 2
    I would stick with the DHS H3N set up...that way at least you know when you produced some quality strokes they are all through your own effort and technique.......choosing the faster rubbers, less effort, less technique, so in other words its like boosting rubbers a complete lie of the speed, control of your strokes, in my opinion using these high tensor rubbers are just plain wrong........

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 68
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 68 6

User Info Menu

Dec 2011
    Zimbabwe
    Read 0 Reviews
    No non-Chinese rubbers will give you that feel and dwell I'm afraid. None that I can think of anyway. The closest will be the Donic Coppa Series I think but even then it's nothing compared to H3NEOP.
    Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao 656 FH: BH:
    Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
    Blade: DHS PG7 FH: BH:
    Blade: Stiga Rosewood NCT V FH: BH:

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 237 790
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 790 237
    Hi all

If you have the skills, and also are able to spend some money... Tenergy sounds like the rubber for you.. Or else, something like Hexer HD, Rasant, Calibra og Pulse are also good rubbers
    Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 7 210
    S
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 210 7
    tenergy 05 works well with rosewood but its also very bouncy

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

thx for all the ideas guys
    About T05, on another forum, i saw Brian Pace saying thins like "its a rubber for people who train 5 days a week, and x hours a day". That is what he said after he left BTY, u know, not being controlled any more.
    Im afraid i'll be excluded from that, i only play 3 times a week. Not even half of it is training. Also, cuz of the $$.
    Hexer HD, im just scared away by the "HD". It sounds like rocket fast for me im after quality
    Rasant, can't get my hands on one. But again, the Ad sound like rocket fast to me also.

Have any one tried S2 and S3? cuz a lot of people are using S1, i wonder if s2 and s3 are also good.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 33 155
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 155 33

User Info Menu

How bout 729-08ES? Wont take so much toll on you.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 34 289
    J
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 289 34

User Info Menu

Apr 2011
    Finland
    Read 0 Reviews
    How long have you used that hurricane? Have you considered just reboosting it?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 29
    Y
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 2
    does the ball dwell long on S1? my friends are telling me to get S1 too
    im just worried if it is too bouncy
    I am playing with Acuda S1 and it is perfect !

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 34 289
    J
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 289 34

User Info Menu

Apr 2011
    Finland
    Read 0 Reviews
    I am playing with Acuda S1 and it is perfect !
    What is perfect for you may be crap for someone else.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 237 790
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 790 237
    thx for all the ideas guys
    About T05, on another forum, i saw Brian Pace saying thins like "its a rubber for people who train 5 days a week, and x hours a day". That is what he said after he left BTY, u know, not being controlled any more.
    Im afraid i'll be excluded from that, i only play 3 times a week. Not even half of it is training. Also, cuz of the $$.
    Hexer HD, im just scared away by the "HD". It sounds like rocket fast for me im after quality
    Rasant, can't get my hands on one. But again, the Ad sound like rocket fast to me also.

Have any one tried S2 and S3? cuz a lot of people are using S1, i wonder if s2 and s3 are also good.
    Havn't tried the S2, but both S1 and S3 are good rubbers
    Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 20
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 0
    You may want to try just changing the BH to a lighter rubber to see if it may help reduce the weight ?

I use H3 Neo 39 degree hardness (china domestic version) for FH and Acuda S3 on BH on my RW5 & enjoying every stroke. Blade weight is 91g, total with rubbers = 182g.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast