Dignics FX rubbers

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi, was just curious, do you think butterfly will release Dignics FX versions such as Dignics 05fx in the future?
IMO I think that the regular Tenergys already fit the bill of what Dignics FX would be, so no need for DFX.

Dignics is Butterfly's effort in the trend for harder rubbers and fits the bill perfectly.

Tenergys are still a best seller, more so than Dignics, so a DFX might actually get in the way of the Tenergy series. You can even see that Butterfly released T19 to keep the series going and bridge even more between Tenergy and Dignics, so here's another DFX in a sense.

But hey, depending on Butterfly's marketing strategy, they might release Dignics FX rubbers and market them as upgraded Tenergys even more so than T19... I personally think it's unnecessary. I'm well happy with the Tenergys, they already are for high intermediate to high level players including pros and to me, the window of players who can benefit from Dignics is even smaller, very small TBH, very high level to pros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hi, was just curious, do you think butterfly will release Dignics FX versions such as Dignics 05fx in the future?

Pure speculation, but I don't think the Dignics topsheet would work well with a softer sponge unless it were also bouncier. Boosting makes the Dignics sponge both softer and bouncier, and I know a few players who use boosted D05. But if the sponge were just softer, the extreme grippiness of the Dignics topsheet might make it too slow and spin sensitive. So I don't expect to see a D05fx (cue major marketing campaign for D05fx starting tomorrow).

Reactions: thomas.pong

NDH

says Spin to win!

Isn't the whole point of rubbers specifically designed for the plastic ball (i.e. the Dignics range) that they need harder sponges to work better with the new balls? An FX version of the dignics rubbers would seem to contradict one of its main objectives. What is a more valid question IMO, is why do we not have a dignics version of Tenergy 25...seeing as many of the characteristics of the 25 are aligned to the so called new-style of play?

I'm sure some plastic ball scientist will come along and disagree, but I think the vast majority of the "designed for the new ball" marketing, is predominantly..... rubbish.

I see people use T05FX with great success (I can never say that without channelling my inner Borat).

Based on their marketing, the soft Tenergy rubbers should be rubbish for this.

For some people, I'm sure the harder rubbers will be beneficial, but I'd hazard a guess that the vast vast majority of players will still benefit from the softer rubbers of Tenergy, than they would with Dignics.

NDH

says Spin to win!

I think it's more a case of potential for marginal gains. I don't think the argument is that T05FX is rubbish with the plastic ball, more that it just has less to offer with the plastic ball than it did with the celluloid ball....but a good player that has used T05FX for years might always be better with that rubber than by switching to something like dignics 05.

Oh, I agree - If they are good.

The reality is (in my opinion), most people aren't good enough to take advantage of those marginal gains, and the harder sponge will make it more difficult for them to play good quality shots.

In the UK, I'd argue that unless you are playing in the top half of the top local league, you'd probably benefit from T05 over D05 (appreciate it depends on the league of course!)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Oh, I agree - If they are good.

The reality is (in my opinion), most people aren't good enough to take advantage of those marginal gains, and the harder sponge will make it more difficult for them to play good quality shots.

In the UK, I'd argue that unless you are playing in the top half of the top local league, you'd probably benefit from T05 over D05 (appreciate it depends on the league of course!)

Yeah, it is always interesting to me to see people who don't have the technique, the precision on contact, the control of depth of ball penetration into the rubber and topsheet without hitting wood on contact, or the impact power on contact to use those harder rubbers talking about how they need the harder rubbers. :)

No, you need to develop the finer details of technique on contact first before you can utilize those harder sponged rubbers.

Tenergy and Tenergy FX are excellent rubbers for the 40+ Poly ball. :) I can spin the hell out of the ball with T05 or T05fx and I can hit the ball quite as fast as I will ever need to with those rubbers and an all wood 5 ply blade. :)