long pimple for Cybershape

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hi there,

I'm looking for a long pimple.
I play the Stiga Cybershape.

I play "kreisklasse".
Mainly normal pushing and then twiddeling with the pips to get a high ball.

Sometimes i need to "drive" against fast serves or flip a short ball because i could not twiddle fast enough.

Otherwise I play with very little wrist.

I think because of the blade, a slower pip would be better?

Ox or with sponge?

What kind of pimple can you recommend that is controlled, sometimes good offensively and annoys the opponent a bit, but returning the ball flat is much more important.

This user has no status.

I have a couple of different rubbers from Der Materialspezialist/Barna Original (same people behind both brands) that I can recommend. The DMS Elite Long in OX is very nice, very interesting for attacking, I play it with their Power control blade. But I have to make a choice: Either attack fast but be vulnerable when under pressure (I tend to block long with OX rubbers) or go for something slower with more dampening effect. I have been trying the latter approach for some time now by playing with Barna Original Virus-2 in the 1mm dampening sponge-version. I am less "fatal" when attacking but at the end of the day I get more control and put more balls back on the table so I'm sticking to that for now.

I also have friends in my club playing with DMS Kamikaze OX and 0.5 mm sponge (not dampening, though) and they are also very much able to attack with the pips. I could also recommend contacting DMZ/Barna directly (by email) for guidance. They helped me out a lot when I was trying to choose rubber and blade combination in the beginning. And they are, as I'm sure you know, German... :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
in a german forum they said long pips with a damping sponge becaue of the high arc and charakteristics of the cybershape blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Okay thank you,

well i want a set up to annoy my opponent that he screams stupid pips and wants to give up xD

And of coure the pips are lighter than inverted rubbers which is a bonus
And it helps me with some recieves of servers.

So i dont know if the cybershape is the right blade but yeah i like it so i guess i have to make it work xD

Because i want one side to be blue i still think about an ox pip from spinlord but i dont know which one would be the best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thre is a famous scene from the movie Crocodile Dundee, where a mugger in NY City shows a small knife to Dundee & says "Give me the money. I have a knife" but Dundee laughs & pulls out a much larger knife & tells the mugger "That is not a knife. THIS is a knife"

So...............the blades below are THE knives (especially for a classic chopper) not the sissy Stiga Cybershape

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?28569-Pete-May-wins-US-Open-again-in-2022&p=387316&highlight=pete+wins#post387316

Angelica Rozeanu

I have already explained the 3 items you need to be a classic chopper in post #23 of the thread below
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/for...ion-play/page2
but you dismissed me as a troll but I posted this for any other openminded folks in this forum. So ignore me if you like but don't try to get off telling me what I can & cannot post in your thread. This is not a private SMS session, This is a public forum.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thre is a famous scene from the movie Crocodile Dundee, where a mugger in NY City shows a small knife to Dundee & says "Give me the money. I have a knife" but Dundee laughs & pulls out a much larger knife & tells the mugger "That is not a knife. THIS is a knife"

So...............the blades below are THE knives (especially for a classic chopper) not the sissy Stiga Cybershape

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?28569-Pete-May-wins-US-Open-again-in-2022&p=387316&highlight=pete+wins#post387316

Angelica Rozeanu

I have already explained the 3 items you need to be a classic chopper in post #23 of the thread below
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/for...ion-play/page2
but you dismissed me as a troll but I posted this for any other openminded folks in this forum. So ignore me if you like but don't try to get off telling me what I can & cannot post in your thread. This is not a private SMS session, This is a public forum.

To bad in this thread a year ago no one talks about classic defence or defence at all