Question about H3Neo

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
H3 Neo is already tuned at the factory, i.e. you don't need to boost it if it's brand new out of the packaging. Usually it lasts about a month, but it really depends on how often you play.

And I have to emphasise again, brokenball is talking nonsense in his comment about boosters. Totally ignores the part of the discussion where he can't makeup a reason for, not to mention the language and the way he talks is rather moody.

Alright. And do you think its worth to buy and use h3 neo prov bs without additional boosting? cuz it's about $63 on tt.11 so it's probably not cheap imo.
Yeh I'm reading each and every single one of the comments from this thread and I have to say that is pretty much of comments and notice what's happening around. Somehow thanks for sharing the info and I really find it useful. Back to the question again any suggestions pls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Alright. And do you think its worth to buy and use h3 neo prov bs without additional boosting? cuz it's about $63 on tt.11 so it's probably not cheap imo.Yeh I'm reading each and every single one of the comments from this thread and I have to say that is pretty much of comments and notice what's happening around. Somehow thanks for sharing the info and I really find it useful. Back to the question again any suggestions pls

I think it's worth it, I buy from TT11 and I strongly recommend to stack your orders, since their volume discount is really good. I recently bought 6 pieces of each H3 Neo Prov. Blue Sponge and H3 Neo Prov. Soft, among other things.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Is the H3 Neo Soft the so called "MA Long 37d" BH rubber?

Is it a different sponge from the normal H3, or is it literally just a softer sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Is the H3 Neo Soft the so called "MA Long 37d" BH rubber?

Is it a different sponge from the normal H3, or is it literally just a softer sponge?

Yes, that's the one Ma Long uses.

I don't think there's a difference other than the packaging says "soft". I use 37° on the back, and it's just about right amount of hardness to me, I can feel the ball bouncing off the blade when power looping, and it's much easier to do controlled inside/close to table pushes compared to non-tacky rubbers. But recently I started playing with short pips and found that very interesting, and might actually suit my play style even better. Plus I can loop backspin balls quite easily with even chop focused short pips so I'm not too worried about losing the ability to do banana flicks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
1. We will never know for sure but if you can hit backhands like ML with that rubber that is a good indication he uses it as well.If your backhand have different trajectories then he doesn't use the same rubber.

2. It is different because it is softer

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Yes, that's the one Ma Long uses.

I don't think there's a difference other than the packaging says "soft". I use 37° on the back, and it's just about right amount of hardness to me, I can feel the ball bouncing off the blade when power looping, and it's much easier to do controlled inside/close to table pushes compared to non-tacky rubbers. But recently I started playing with short pips and found that very interesting, and might actually suit my play style even better. Plus I can loop backspin balls quite easily with even chop focused short pips so I'm not too worried about losing the ability to do banana flicks.

I always thought that because the BH stroke is short, it requires a ESN-type rubber with catapult.

Isn't it hard to generate enough speed with H3 on backhand? I feel its already fairly demanding on the FH side even.

Sep 2019

I think it's worth it, I buy from TT11 and I strongly recommend to stack your orders, since their volume discount is really good. I recently bought 6 pieces of each H3 Neo Prov. Blue Sponge and H3 Neo Prov. Soft, among other things.

Do you personally use them (h3 neos prov bs) with or without boosting?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I always thought that because the BH stroke is short, it requires a ESN-type rubber with catapult.

Isn't it hard to generate enough speed with H3 on backhand? I feel its already fairly demanding on the FH side even.

I think it depends on your stroke, I don't think it's hard to generate speed and power on the backhand at all, in fact I find it slightly easier at times compared to the forehand during rallies. Yes you can have a longer stroke with the forehand loop, but longer distance traveled also means more time needed, which also means you really need to be right on position to do it. However I need to point out that backhand loops and flicks require you to have a flexible wrist, well maybe not require but you'll have a much easier time with it if you have a flexible wrist.

It's also generally not recommended to play far away from the table for amature players, unless you're really skilled, and has enough power and energy to do that continuously. Most people who claim they can play away from the table really good either lob the ball most of the time, or their loops are really slow and is pretty easy to return.

You can also take a look at the women's match, you'll see them doing a lot of close to the table backhand shots, and the speed of those shots are amazingly fast, only when they know they're really ready for the kill shot they switch to the forehand.

Also update on the "soft" H3 rubber, I just did some digging on TaoBao.com, DHS's official store doesn't have a separate listing for H3 Neo Soft, but they do have a separate listing for H3 Neo Blue Sponge, so that's an indication for you. However I know DHS used to make 37° and 38° H3 , and I think I've seen a 36° mentioned somewhere before, but if you search for it now you can't find these anymore, there's only the "soft" variant.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I play a mid-distance offensive looping style game. I feel pretty confident with my forehand stroke and setup right now. I have Bloom Power on FH and it gets a lot of spin and speed. The throw itself is not high, but because of the high spin, I can curve the ball down onto the table.

But I am less confident with my backhand setup. I am using AK47 yellow at the moment, but I find the ball to be really flat. I often hit the ball straight into the net on the backhand, or I hit long when I try to increase the power with the backhand. Because my backhand is shorter than FH, I can't generate the same arc, so the ball seems to be too straight.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'm also an intermediate player, a beginner-intermediate to be precise and I'm considering h3 neo bs without boosting. is it toally fine to use right out of the box without tuning and if it is so, how long can you use the rubber may I know.
Hey Colin,

H3 Neo can be good for beginner and intermediate players. It is totally fine to use as-is without boosting, in fact many players prefer it that way even at higher levels. As far as how long it can be used, that's up to you, depends on how much you play per week etc., you'll know when it's time to change, but typically 6 months to a year, some people go longer...

If I were you, I'd start with commercial H3 Neo and see how you like it. It's a very good rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I play a mid-distance offensive looping style game. I feel pretty confident with my forehand stroke and setup right now. I have Bloom Power on FH and it gets a lot of spin and speed. The throw itself is not high, but because of the high spin, I can curve the ball down onto the table.

But I am less confident with my backhand setup. I am using AK47 yellow at the moment, but I find the ball to be really flat. I often hit the ball straight into the net on the backhand, or I hit long when I try to increase the power with the backhand. Because my backhand is shorter than FH, I can't generate the same arc, so the ball seems to be too straight.

That's why I mentioned you need to use your wrist more on your backhand.

Also, not generating enough spin could be two things: not enough power to generate spin, or rubber is too fast such that the ball barely has any time to be spinned up. You could try using your FH side rubber to test which one is the issue.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Alright. And do you think its worth to buy and use h3 neo prov bs without additional boosting? cuz it's about $63 on tt.11 so it's probably not cheap imo.
Yeh I'm reading each and every single one of the comments from this thread and I have to say that is pretty much of comments and notice what's happening around. Somehow thanks for sharing the info and I really find it useful. Back to the question again any suggestions pls

Just start with commercial H3 Neo unboosted, it's more than enough.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Seems like a technique problem, not a rubber/setup problem.

Just work on your BH stroke, push on your legs and make sure you finish higher in front of you with your elbow down

Reactions: Attitude and MK73
Sep 2019
Hey Colin,

H3 Neo can be good for beginner and intermediate players. It is totally fine to use as-is without boosting, in fact many players prefer it that way even at higher levels. As far as how long it can be used, that's up to you, depends on how much you play per week etc., you'll know when it's time to change, but typically 6 months to a year, some people go longer...

If I were you, I'd start with commercial H3 Neo and see how you like it. It's a very good rubber.

I see. Thanks sir🙌
There’s a lot new for me since it’ll be my very first time using Chinese rubber. I’ve always wanted to try h3 rubbers since it’s well known but because of the naming schemes and rubber coming in varieties I couldn’t decide myself what to get. I target the provincial cuz it’s smth between commercial and national and the cost is also pretty fair that it’s somewhere in the range of price that I could afford. I’ve ready some post and forums about h3 rubbers and I have to say I really find those useful. Should I get the commercial h3 neo and the Haifu booster( non-national) or should I just get the prov h3 neo BS. The first set(h3 neo commercial + Haifu booster) will cost almost the same as a single pair of h3 neo prov BS.
Any suggestion pls. Btw even if I do play, I’ll be able to just play about twice a week due to school and stuffs.
And what’s the difference between neo and non neo despite the one being factory boosted and the other not. Are they also different in sponge, topsheet quality, durability and so on.

Sep 2019

I think it depends on your stroke, I don't think it's hard to generate speed and power on the backhand at all, in fact I find it slightly easier at times compared to the forehand during rallies. Yes you can have a longer stroke with the forehand loop, but longer distance traveled also means more time needed, which also means you really need to be right on position to do it. However I need to point out that backhand loops and flicks require you to have a flexible wrist, well maybe not require but you'll have a much easier time with it if you have a flexible wrist.

It's also generally not recommended to play far away from the table for amature players, unless you're really skilled, and has enough power and energy to do that continuously. Most people who claim they can play away from the table really good either lob the ball most of the time, or their loops are really slow and is pretty easy to return.

You can also take a look at the women's match, you'll see them doing a lot of close to the table backhand shots, and the speed of those shots are amazingly fast, only when they know they're really ready for the kill shot they switch to the forehand.

Also update on the "soft" H3 rubber, I just did some digging on TaoBao.com, DHS's official store doesn't have a separate listing for H3 Neo Soft, but they do have a separate listing for H3 Neo Blue Sponge, so that's an indication for you. However I know DHS used to make 37° and 38° H3 , and I think I've seen a 36° mentioned somewhere before, but if you search for it now you can't find these anymore, there's only the "soft" variant.

Which one do you prefer the neo or non-neos h3 prov BS?

May I know why as well. Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Should I get the commercial h3 neo and the Haifu booster( non-national) or should I just get the prov h3 neo BS. The first set(h3 neo commercial + Haifu booster) will cost almost the same as a single pair of h3 neo prov BS.
Any suggestion pls.

Some people like H3, some don't. It depends on your pocket too. If you think about price at all, then I'd say, take H3 Neo commercial, possibly don't buy booster. Try the rubber, if you are sure you like it, buy booster and when done with the rubber, go up to provincial version. Here the opinions differ too. In my own experience, there is a significant difference between the commercial and provincial I played, so much so, that I consider them different rubbers, not just a result of quality control. Of course, that is my own conclusion, I imagine disagreable :) Anyways all what matters is whether you like it or not.