Question about H3Neo

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

lol even I think this is overkill

A small poster in a bar in Rotterdam read "" Nothing is impossible - if you do not have to do it yourself """

......................and another one : """"If you can still read this - you may order another Remy Martin """ 😁

but back to glueing : If those twats at DHS would not make such a friggen mess when applying the glue on to the back of the Neos, we might happily boost right over the glue 😁

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

You dont need to listen to any recommendation^^
The difference here was that i gave the argument right away, while i had to seperatly ask for it. Many many user just say how to do things without any explanation at all, which is bothering me especially in cases that are far from being "common sense".

So to discuss your argument:
Brief explanation why the topsheet might get damaged from boosting.
Bubbling happens when the sponge gets seperated from the topsheet. So in detail - single pimples from the topsheet lose contact or their grip to the sponge. This can accure when the sponge gets expanded too hard, or afterwards when the you hit the ball. But the main reason stays the same.

To prevent that, the recommendation is to put a layer of glue between the sponge and the booster.
Correct me if i am wrong, but that just prevents partly the booster to get into the sponge and maybe slower. If that is the case, you can get the exact same result by applying thinner layers and/or more layers if needed, instead of dropping everything onto the sponge so you dont get a rubber tube instead of a slightly curled rubber.

And on top you have so many other issues with glueing first (as i have posted before), that i cant see the benefit here. At least not with the OS in my own experience and those from some other players. I mean in my case i boosted at least 5 Hurricanes (neo and non neo) with the layer and even way more (at least 15, though not all for myself^^) without the layer, and i have never accured any bubbling with these rubbers.

You say you have boosted with glue layer and plenty without glue layer, how do they play different or feel different? I have boosted twice so far, first time was a used OS provincial 39 2.15, the player who gave to me had already taken all glue off and said to put 2 layers directly onto sponge 12 hours apart then 2 glue layers and I’m good to go.
my second time boosting was a brand new H3N BS provincial 2.15 39. With this I took off the factory glue layer and then boosted 2 layers followed by 2 glue layers. This time I allowed 24 hours between booster layers. Removing the factory glue layer was a right pain and took me a while to get sponge really clean ready to boost!! 😣 Also during first layer of boost I kept protective film on and it domed a little, but during second layer I took protective film off and it domed lot more hence why I left it 48 hours before glueing! I guess there’s no real right or wrong way but for me I didn’t like the initial glue removing part and I didn’t like the rubber collecting dust on top sheet while I was boosting even before I had used it. For me there’s something nice about taking that film off when it’s on your blade just before you have your first ever hit with the new rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Yeah I learnt the hard way. Definitely remove the protective film. It does not allow the topsheet to stress which makes the rubber dome a lot more and harder.

if you are using provincial, the factory glue layer is very very thin. I’m boosting on top of it.also after 48hr “drying”, I notice the rubber gets a bit harder. I’ll try to seal the sponge while drying next time to see if it is any better

regarding feel, to be honest I think if you are reglueing every week like professional Chinese players, you may need to care. Otherwise, feel changes so drastically over the month so that I wouldn’t be bothered with minor differences. (If someone jumps in and says that’s why they don’t like Chinese rubbers then well, any rubbers change drastically over month to me. They sre just rubbers anyway LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Yeah I learnt the hard way. Definitely remove the protective film. It does not allow the topsheet to stress which makes the rubber dome a lot more and harder.

if you are using provincial, the factory glue layer is very very thin. I’m boosting on top of it.also after 48hr “drying”, I notice the rubber gets a bit harder. I’ll try to seal the sponge while drying next time to see if it is any better

regarding feel, to be honest I think if you are reglueing every week like professional Chinese players, you may need to care. Otherwise, feel changes so drastically over the month so that I wouldn’t be bothered with minor differences. (If someone jumps in and says that’s why they don’t like Chinese rubbers then well, any rubbers change drastically over month to me. They sre just rubbers anyway LOL
I boosted my BS on 1st jan and it took few sessions before it felt softer and felt better, by the second week it felt a lot better. It’s now been nearly 7 wks and it’s playing so good it doesn’t feel like it will need a reboost for still another few weeks.

and your right the factory glue layer was extremely thin hence why so difficult to get off so I’m inclined in just boosting on top.

the Chinese player I got rubber from actually suggested I paste on without boosting train couple sessions then remove glue and boost. This I’m not sure I can be bothered to do. Either I will remove glue when uncut and boost or just boost on top of the thin layer.

tbh watching so many you tube vids done by good players and regular H3N users they all seem to boost on top of the glue so I wouldn’t think most of those higher end players are doing it wrong lol.

besides when u need to reboost the glue layers have to come off anyway so then it’s easier to boost direct onto sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
You say you have boosted with glue layer and plenty without glue layer, how do they play different or feel different? I have boosted twice so far, first time was a used OS provincial 39 2.15, the player who gave to me had already taken all glue off and said to put 2 layers directly onto sponge 12 hours apart then 2 glue layers and I’m good to go.
my second time boosting was a brand new H3N BS provincial 2.15 39. With this I took off the factory glue layer and then boosted 2 layers followed by 2 glue layers. This time I allowed 24 hours between booster layers. Removing the factory glue layer was a right pain and took me a while to get sponge really clean ready to boost!! 😣 Also during first layer of boost I kept protective film on and it domed a little, but during second layer I took protective film off and it domed lot more hence why I left it 48 hours before glueing! I guess there’s no real right or wrong way but for me I didn’t like the initial glue removing part and I didn’t like the rubber collecting dust on top sheet while I was boosting even before I had used it. For me there’s something nice about taking that film off when it’s on your blade just before you have your first ever hit with the new rubber.

My results with the glue layer were inconsistent. Several shots feel weird. More springy in some shots and more dead in others. Hard to describe because it is hard to reconstruct the certain issue.
And more often the rubber curled partially different. For example you could see the left side was more expanding than the right. In play this results in slight differences in terms of feeling you want to get from the boosting procedure. So not a day and night difference but a noticable one.

Well your problem was that you bought the neo Version. Just dont do that if you want to boost, or play unboosted for some time first. I personally cant seem to find a clear difference with the OS between Hurricane 3 neo or non neo (both boosted). So i save some euros and buy the non neo version.

A tip for the "dustcollection": I put my boosted rubber in a drawer from my desk. It is mostly clear from much dust there and i can get it out when it is ready after some days and go for the glueing process. The little dust that is on afterwards can be get rid off by some breath. In the worst case "sprinkle" some water on the rubber and spread it. Then you can dry it immediatly and your rubber should be completely clean afterwards.

Letting the film on the rubber is hindering the expanding process from the booster. I wouldnt say you risk your rubber because of it, but it is not ideal but i understand your feeling and can relate^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
If I could save 10 euro from non-NEO I'll certainly buy it. Feel the same to me yes. (Or maybe not the same, but I can't be bothered to feel the differences).

Yes when you reboost, you'd better remove the old glue layer. Otherwise the rubber will be very inconsistent. I made this mistakes a couple of times when I started. But the factory layer is different, it's new and even and thin. (Again, I'm talking about Provincial. Those on the commercial version are horrible)

Since my previous post is lost already, to latej, use a stainless steel spoon, don't use your thumb of fingers too much. I know the feeling 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Since my previous post is lost already, to latej, use a stainless steel spoon, don't use your thumb of fingers too much. I know the feeling 😅

I promise I'll try :) The thumb happens to have the best material on top of it for removing the glue though...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Actually i would consider just letting the factory-layer on it and boost right on top of it. At least you have kind of a flat surface with it.
But i must say i just tried it once years ago and i dont know if i liked the result with it. Cant quite remember but in theory it should be fine. The only problem i see is that the tuner will wear off and cant be replicated afterwards. So you will have a different setup after some months in play, though i dont know if it is significant enough to notice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
If I could save 10 euro from non-NEO I'll certainly buy it. Feel the same to me yes. (Or maybe not the same, but I can't be bothered to feel the differences).

Yes when you reboost, you'd better remove the old glue layer. Otherwise the rubber will be very inconsistent. I made this mistakes a couple of times when I started. But the factory layer is different, it's new and even and thin. (Again, I'm talking about Provincial. Those on the commercial version are horrible)

I see your based in uk, where do u source your H3N from? Also what provincial do u use and how often do you boost? I boosted mine 7 wks ago and doesn’t feel like it will need a reboost still for another few wks I think as it’s still playing really well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Tabletennis11. I ve been using blue sponge 40 very early on. Switched to NEO 3.5 months ago and now about to start the 2nd piece. I reboost every 4-6 weeks, twice each piece. Last winter it was 5 celcius all the time we were playing in a huge area where heating was simply impossible so the rubber seems to die a little faster. 4 weeks and it seemed very dead. Now it’s a bit warmer, 5 weeks after reboosting and it’s not too bad. The top sheet however is discolouring too much already and `i want to try another rubber on the backhand anyway so I took the 2nd piece. Otherwise I would give it a 3rd run.

there is no hard rule. You reboost whenever you like really. It also probably depends on how hard you hit. I’m not sure. Give it a try. If you feel ‘WOW” after reboosting then you should reboost more often. Again, thick glue and a spoon. Otheriwise pay more for a new piece or it’s going to be a pain and you’ll leave the club 😂 if you feel no effect at all after reboosting 2 layers, 3gram, then get a new piece.

i can use an old `h3 and play quite spinny with some partners but the rubber looses pace. A good player can counter the ball too easily by stepping back. In other words, the tacky top sheet lasts longer than the sponge, eventhough it looks like the other way round. the top sheet get discoloured and the sponge looks like the same.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Tabletennis11. I ve been using blue sponge 40 very early on. Switched to NEO 3.5 months ago and now about to start the 2nd piece. I reboost every 4-6 weeks, twice each piece. Last winter it was 5 celcius all the time we were playing in a huge area where heating was simply impossible so the rubber seems to die a little faster. 4 weeks and it seemed very dead. Now it’s a bit warmer, 5 weeks after reboosting and it’s not too bad. The top sheet however is discolouring too much already and `i want to try another rubber on the backhand anyway so I took the 2nd piece. Otherwise I would give it a 3rd run.

there is no hard rule. You reboost whenever you like really. It also probably depends on how hard you hit. I’m not sure. Give it a try. If you feel ‘WOW” after reboosting then you should reboost more often. Again, thick glue and a spoon. Otheriwise pay more for a new piece or it’s going to be a pain and you’ll leave the club 😂 if you feel no effect at all after reboosting 2 layers, 3gram, then get a new piece.

i can use an old `h3 and play quite spinny with some partners but the rubber looses pace. A good player can counter the ball too easily by stepping back. In other words, the tacky top sheet lasts longer than the sponge, eventhough it looks like the other way round. the top sheet get discoloured and the sponge looks like the same.
Do you buy in bulk from TT11? I was looking at getting some from there as over certain amount it’s free delivery, but I’m not sure regarding the import tax so Mayb you can shed light on that please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Do you buy in bulk from TT11? I was looking at getting some from there as over certain amount it’s free delivery, but I’m not sure regarding the import tax so Mayb you can shed light on that please.

I buy from TT11 all the time, no import tax to the U.S. at least. And you shouldn't just stop at the 80 euro mark for the free shipping, you should try to go over the 300 euro mark to get 30% off blades and rubbers, which is what I do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

I buy from TT11 all the time, no import tax to the U.S. at least. And you shouldn't just stop at the 80 euro mark for the free shipping, you should try to go over the 300 euro mark to get 30% off blades and rubbers, which is what I do.

I think there would be import tax in UK, and tt11 for the H3N is a secondary option, there is also a DHS retailer in UK but you can’t beat the price sourcing via a player directly from China as it’s half the price. The only problem is having to ask or rely on someone else so option would be to get in bulk when the player orders I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I think there would be import tax in UK, and tt11 for the H3N is a secondary option, there is also a DHS retailer in UK but you can’t beat the price sourcing via a player directly from China as it’s half the price. The only problem is having to ask or rely on someone else so option would be to get in bulk when the player orders I guess.

Just buy once you'll know for sure. TT11 ships DHL, they'll notify you if you owe tax when clearing customs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I don’t buy in bulk. Just 2 rubbers and a couple of other things and the order passes 80. I live in a small flat and I’m not sure it can ventilate the rubbers. Don’t know how to keep them fresh for months basically. Too bad I didn’t try if the vacumn sealed H3 neo smelled.

I’m not able to find h3 blue sponge anywhere in the UK. I don’t think anyone can. Look at it this way, I’m the only buyer in 2 clubs. One of them is a very big one, relatively in the UK.

Tt11 is very responsive, you can always email them. They tend to reply intraday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I don’t buy in bulk. Just 2 rubbers and a couple of other things and the order passes 80. I live in a small flat and I’m not sure it can ventilate the rubbers. Don’t know how to keep them fresh for months basically. Too bad I didn’t try if the vacumn sealed H3 neo smelled.

I’m not able to find h3 blue sponge anywhere in the UK. I don’t think anyone can. Look at it this way, I’m the only buyer in 2 clubs. One of them is a very big one, relatively in the UK.

Tt11 is very responsive, you can always email them. They tend to reply intraday.

I order mine from Aliexpress - I have ordered blades, glue, rubbers, balls and all have come between 2-4 weeks and prices have been very good. Blue sponge provincial cost me £43 inc VAT and no duties.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Only place in uk is DHS TT UK but is expensive though.

https://dhs-tt.uk/

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi guys quick couple questions, I boosted my new H3N prov 39 2.15 BS with 2 layers of seamoon and after nearly 8 wks it’s still playing nicely but I think I will re-boost in couple of weeks.

1. when reboosting would I reboost again with 2 layers or would 1 layer be enough? I don’t want to over boost prices characteristics change too much?

2. if I had 2 blades with H3 boosted on both one blade for training and another blade for matches/comp which would be used less, when it comes to reboosting would frequency be the same still even though I’m using the match blade way less?

hypothetically if over 2 months I have trained with y training blade for say 60 hours and over that same 2 month period played 2 competitions let’s say 15 hours with match blade would the H3 on match blade also need a reboost?

basically more you use the boosted H3 more frequently it will need a re boost? Apologies if daft question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I reboost with only 1 layer (2gr instead of 4gr). Especially if you feel fine without reboosting, why need a lot. I use Falco though but I imagine similar idea applies.

Regarding the match blade, I have no idea. But why don't you just reboost the regular one and have a comparison to see if you need to do it on the match one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi guys quick couple questions, I boosted my new H3N prov 39 2.15 BS with 2 layers of seamoon and after nearly 8 wks it’s still playing nicely but I think I will re-boost in couple of weeks.

1. when reboosting would I reboost again with 2 layers or would 1 layer be enough? I don’t want to over boost prices characteristics change too much?

2. if I had 2 blades with H3 boosted on both one blade for training and another blade for matches/comp which would be used less, when it comes to reboosting would frequency be the same still even though I’m using the match blade way less?

hypothetically if over 2 months I have trained with y training blade for say 60 hours and over that same 2 month period played 2 competitions let’s say 15 hours with match blade would the H3 on match blade also need a reboost?

basically more you use the boosted H3 more frequently it will need a re boost? Apologies if daft question.

when reboosting, use only one layer of booster to straighten the rubber. More layers will destroy the rubber, the angle will change, the rubber will be too taut, the topsheet will whistle when in contact with the ball, rotation will be reduced.