Adding mm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. I know I'm probably asking a silly question, but is it possible to enlarge the blade?:)
I know it's easily done the other way but can I e.g glue preshaped piece of wood or something?
I've ordered a blade which I like a lot, playing, wood veneers but someone changed the size of it..
it should be 157x150, and it's 153x150. I don't like that it's smaller.
has anyone tried it before?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
To my knowledge, even if it's possible, it's not a good idea. Changing the dimensions change the characteristics of the blade, not to mention you won't be able to find the exact materials used to construct your blade. Also, have you considered the possibility that it is because of this change that the blade feels nice in your hands?

I also call upon @hipnotic to add his input on this problem, since he has made so many awesome blades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello. I know I'm probably asking a silly question, but is it possible to enlarge the blade?:)
I know it's easily done the other way but can I e.g glue preshaped piece of wood or something?
I've ordered a blade which I like a lot, playing, wood veneers but someone changed the size of it..
it should be 157x150, and it's 153x150. I don't like that it's smaller.
has anyone tried it before?

Wait, the blade is supposed to be 157x150 and it is 153x150? What is the blade? Is it a custom blade you ordered from a blade maker? Or is it a blade from a TT company?

If it is a blade from a TT company, send it back.

Or did you buy it from someone who had bought the blade, decided to cut the blade to make it smaller, and then they sold it to you?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
It's a shame to admit that the blade I was looking for was appelgren allplay no senso weight 87-90g.
very cheap blade.
for many years I tested about 30 different blades.. most of them expensive. Starting from the fast ones TB spirit, ai fukuhara zlf, TB zlf, acoustic...and so on..with time decreasing the speed of it...for about two years I settled for innerforce layer zlf, amazing and rather slow blade. But I still felt better, more confident playing even slower blade: the appelgren.
but it had to be more than 86g, it's a lot less flexible. I have one, 87 g and it's awesome. I wanted to get one more.
I ordered 82g and it was much worse.
I looked for the heavier one in my country and couldn't find it, no senso, above 87 g..so I decided to order from abroad and pay 40%more.
it came with beautiful veneers of wood, but it was smaller In length, about 4mm. I tested it and it played really nice but it was not acceptable because of the size.
today I got an email from donic saying:
Dear Pawel,

we have changed the measurements of all our blades “Made in Sweden” quiet long time ago.

That’s why you have blades with different head size.

Best regards

Do you know anything about that change in donic?
could I get the blade with standard size 157x150 or will they no longer produce it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It's a shame to admit that the blade I was looking for was appelgren allplay no senso weight 87-90g.
very cheap blade.
for many years I tested about 30 different blades.. most of them expensive. Starting from the fast ones TB spirit, ai fukuhara zlf, TB zlf, acoustic...and so on..with time decreasing the speed of it...for about two years I settled for innerforce layer zlf, amazing and rather slow blade. But I still felt better, more confident playing even slower blade: the appelgren.
but it had to be more than 86g, it's a lot less flexible. I have one, 87 g and it's awesome. I wanted to get one more.
I ordered 82g and it was much worse.
I looked for the heavier one in my country and couldn't find it, no senso, above 87 g..so I decided to order from abroad and pay 40%more.
it came with beautiful veneers of wood, but it was smaller In length, about 4mm. I tested it and it played really nice but it was not acceptable because of the size.
today I got an email from donic saying:
Dear Pawel,

we have changed the measurements of all our blades “Made in Sweden” quiet long time ago.

That’s why you have blades with different head size.

Best regards

Do you know anything about that change in donic?
could I get the blade with standard size 157x150 or will they no longer produce it?

Just contact Sergio (hipnotic). He can make you a blade with the same plies, thickness and make it to be whatever weight you want. The link to one of his threads is below. He can make you a blade that feels just like a Donic Appelgren Allplay that is the size and weight you want it to be. He can make you whatever kind of handle you want as well. Send him a private message and he will work with you to make it so he can make the blade you actually want. And the Appelgren Allplay is a great blade.
Just another thought: why don't you talk to someone like Segio (SDC Blades) about exactly what you want and have him make the blade with the exact plies and thickness you want and the blade face and handle size you want as well.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19018-SDC-Handmade-Blades

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]Cut off the handle's upper end by 4mm. A mere child can do this.[/size]

NECESSITY IS MOTHER OF INVENTION.
"How the Man Removed the Stone" reality story by Leo Tolstoy 1827 -1910.

--On the merchant square in one city lay a huge stone. The stone took up a lot of space and interfered with driving around the city. Engineers were called in and asked how to remove the stone and how much it would cost. One engineer said that the stone would be broken into pieces with gunpowder and then taken away piece by piece, and that it would cost 8,000 rubles; another said that a large rollers should be brought under the stone and the stone should be pulled off on the rollers, and that it would cost 6,000 rubles.
And our @igorponger came out and said:
-- "And I will remove the stone and take 100 rubles."
He was asked how he would do it. And he said: “I will dig up a large pit nearby the stone; I will sink the stone into the pit and level the ground around. The man did just that, and they gave him 100 rubles and another 100 rubles for a clever invention.

Last edited: