Nittaku C1 vs Xiom Vega Japan

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Any big difference?
Which one is faster, more spiny, control, etc..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Not much difference between the two, C-1 is a bet faster and spinnier and overall better quality. Vega Japan is a bit more controlled. Both great rubbers.

Thanks from me as well cause it was matter of time to ask the same question. I have unopened C1 in the drawer and meanwhile I have been using VJ quite alot in the past. The VJ was always been MAX and the C1 is 2.0. I am curious how this will affect my game...

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

In my hands, Vega Japan is a heavier, faster and more powerful rubber than C-1. Maybe it is that much faster but certainly felt more powerful. C-1 is very linear, while Vega Japan is not. Vega Japan periodically produced unexpected extra bounciness on some shots. I did not test it for very long because the weight and unpredictability made me abandon it very quickly. It was fairly evident there are better rubbers out there, at least for my level.

C-1 red version was much softer than the black and it felt like a totally different rubber. I don't know if this is common with C-1 or if I got a bad batch. I liked black C-1 except for low speed, but not the red one, which was too soft and not even very grippy.