Glue drying time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hi. Can someone please let me know how long I should let the new butterfly pro chack 2 glue dry for before applying the rubber to my blade once I have put a coat of the glue on to my rubber and blade?

This user has no status.
All water based glues should dry within 15 minutes more or less (depending on how thick you apply them). It will become clear and colorless, and you can tell by tapping your finger on it, if it does not leave your finger print, then it's good to put the rubber on the blade. (you need to apply a layer of glue to the blade also)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
All water based glues should dry within 15 minutes more or less (depending on how thick you apply them). It will become clear and colorless, and you can tell by tapping your finger on it, if it does not leave your finger print, then it's good to put the rubber on the blade. (you need to apply a layer of glue to the blade also)

This would be correct if OP wasn't asking about butterfly Free Chack Pro 2. However, Free Chack Pro 2 doesn't dry clear, it stays white, I guess if you really stare at it, it could be opaque, but definitely not clear. Though the drying time you said is still correct for Free Chack Pro 2, it dries in about 15 minutes or so. Apart from it not drying clear which is a little weird for first time users, I have to say it is the best glue I've used so far, easiest to apply (once you learnt how much to use) and peel.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Dry time also depends on humidity and room temperature, at more humid and cold conditions it can sometimes take 30-40 minutes until it gets clear

This user has no status.

This would be correct if OP wasn't asking about butterfly Free Chack Pro 2. However, Free Chack Pro 2 doesn't dry clear, it stays white, I guess if you really stare at it, it could be opaque, but definitely not clear. Though the drying time you said is still correct for Free Chack Pro 2, it dries in about 15 minutes or so. Apart from it not drying clear which is a little weird for first time users, I have to say it is the best glue I've used so far, easiest to apply (once you learnt how much to use) and peel.

Some glue don’t dry clear?
Do you know why this is? I’m quite confused🤔

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Dry time also depends on humidity and room temperature, at more humid and cold conditions it can sometimes take 30-40 minutes until it gets clear

Exactly, I had the same experience. Recently a friend had to wait an hour for glue to dry.
I was wandering if the glue was diluted maybe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

That had to be some really low temps lol

Some glue don’t dry clear?
Do you know why this is? I’m quite confused🤔

Not really, but it has to do with their formula and process of production 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Some players even leave for 12+ hours to dry before sticking!!!!! not sure if they apply to blade only and leave before sticking a freshly glued and dried sheet of rubber to the blade hours later???!!!!

Well, that’s another way of doing it, I do that too now since I use boosters. Turn on the tv, first layer of glue, sit back and relax for a bit, then repeat after one or two YouTube videos. Then booster. The next night , everything will be ready to go.

This user has no status.

Well, that’s another way of doing it, I do that too now since I use boosters. Turn on the tv, first layer of glue, sit back and relax for a bit, then repeat after one or two YouTube videos. Then booster. The next night , everything will be ready to go.

I usually apply my booster, which is my baby son's Johnson's baby oil, on my rubber right before going to bed.😂