Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Depends On How The Table Is Tapped

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I think that as long as the service it self is legal by the rules from ITTF, the table tap BEFORE the action of service starts is no problem at all. But if it is during the service action, I would reconsider it, since it might be kinda disturbing to the other player.

It is really a hard to decide, but this aint pros are they? So I think it is allright to make some "own" rules anyway, as long as they aren't aiming for the Olympics, hehe :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think that as long as the service it self is legal by the rules from ITTF, the table tap BEFORE the action of service starts is no problem at all. But if it is during the service action, I would reconsider it, since it might be kinda disturbing to the other player.

It is really a hard to decide, but this aint pros are they? So I think it is allright to make some "own" rules anyway, as long as they aren't aiming for the Olympics, hehe :p

You are right, they are low level club players. Not bad from the basement player standpoint, but not good from the club player standpoint. On the evening in question, there was no doubt that they were the lowest level players at King Pong Soho which is the tt club in NYC where this happened. And it was before he when for his motion to toss the ball.

By the way Anders, when did you start playing with a Clipper? Nice setup. :)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
You are right, they are low level club players. Not bad from the basement player standpoint, but not good from the club player standpoint. On the evening in question, there was no doubt that they were the lowest level players at King Pong Soho which is the tt club in NYC where this happened. And it was before he when for his motion to toss the ball.

By the way Anders, when did you start playing with a Clipper? Nice setup. :)

Well, originally I played it last autumn for some months.. But put it on the shelf to get a slower blade for more control. Then, a couple of weeks ago I picked it up again, since I didn't find the Andro blade suitable for my game.

Sadly I broke my Clipper on Saturday during practise, and now I use the STIGA Maplewood NCT V that I won in a competition from STIGA. It is easier to play and has more power than the Clipper Wood, so I am happy with that. Only the Clipper is slightly better for service, but that is one I can get used to :) The setup worked well with Clipper and also very well with Maplewood ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, originally I played it last autumn for some months.. But put it on the shelf to get a slower blade for more control. Then, a couple of weeks ago I picked it up again, since I didn't find the Andro blade suitable for my game.

Sadly I broke my Clipper on Saturday during practise, and now I use the STIGA Maplewood NCT V that I won in a competition from STIGA. It is easier to play and has more power than the Clipper Wood, so I am happy with that. Only the Clipper is slightly better for service, but that is one I can get used to :) The setup worked well with Clipper and also very well with Maplewood ;)

How do you break your frame in practise? o.0 Recently I saw a funny way to break a frame lol. Some guys were hitting around a bit before their match started, and when they stopped, 1 gave the other a lob, like the last ball before their match would start. The guy smashed it with all he had, but his bat slipped out of his hand and dissapeared behind him (nice smashing technique I'd say :p) and broke, so he had to play all his matches with his teammates bat xD.

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
How do you break your frame in practise? o.0 Recently I saw a funny way to break a frame lol. Some guys were hitting around a bit before their match started, and when they stopped, 1 gave the other a lob, like the last ball before their match would start. The guy smashed it with all he had, but his bat slipped out of his hand and dissapeared behind him (nice smashing technique I'd say :p) and broke, so he had to play all his matches with his teammates bat xD.

Funny you should ask Wiwa :p

I gave the surrounds a juicy upperrcut since I got pissed when crashing into them... The blade flew across the court and I was left with only the handle. It broke in two pieces haha!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Since most service rituals are considered habitual and since it is before the start of the service is clearly legal to tap the table lightly. Several players will bounce the ball on the table between their racket and table creating a much more distracting noise than tapping the table once with the racket alone so I don't see the point in arguing over legality for something that small.

But according to the rules premeditation requires something out of the ordinary. If he is doing it every time it is because it is habitual not because he is purposely trying to distract his opponent. And if a player finds it distracting they are mentally poor in competition. There are far more distracting scenarios in a point such as a stomp the constant cho-ing of a player, or even when someone taps the ball onto the table for 10 seconds straight before serving.

All I know is that nothing like this would constitute a warning or let in the NATT tournaments.