Weirdest racket grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017

Not even close in weirdness....lol How he manages to twiddle his racket with such a grip, is really amazing though....

Hi Arkaday - he really only twiddles after serving to the long pips forehand, and to smash lobs (doesn't do it in this match). I think his non-serving grip is weirder - I've never seen _any_ other player use it. I've tried it, and it's intensely uncomfortable for me. AFAIK unique! On top of that, he was near national class...!

Even though he loses this match, I chose this vid because he's playing a clearly very good player, yet causing him fits, and complete confusion at times.

OTOH, the "edge of the racquet" grip is an obvious thing to try, and kinda works, but I found that having the handle up worked better than handle down :)

Here's to silliness/experimentation in table tennis! Cheers!

...Dave...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017

Since it might not be obvious without close inspection, I wanted to mention that Dickie's grip does not have a flat index finger on the rubber - he arches the index finger so that the tip is pointing down, into the rubber (not the flat of the finger tip - the actual tip) - right in the middle racquet! It gives tremendous feeling, but.... ouch! At least for me - haha.

...Dave...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I Really like the grip of Clément Desbruyères :

Grips are fun! I tried that one too - but was really worried about the racquet flying out of my hand since relaxation is one of the keys to powerful strokes, and too powerful a forefinger-thumb pinch robs you of power. He seems to do pretty well with it though :)

Cheers!

...Dave...