Spinny backhand rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi peeps, so my season is coming to an end and my team are in with promotion so has gone pretty well. I do think I might make some setup changes or try out some options during the off season.
I started with D09c on both sides but ended up swapping to back to T05 on BH halfway through as just felt it was a bit too hard but I liked the spin.
TBF even though i like D09c on FH i wont be getting the max out of it, so am tempted to go back to Battle 2 or H3 as think I prob get a bit more spin and i play better looping a little of the table. But not sure what to go for on BH that is really spinny but not mega hard?
My other thought is keeping D09c on FH and BH D05/80 but changing back to a wood blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi peeps, so my season is coming to an end and my team are in with promotion so has gone pretty well. I do think I might make some setup changes or try out some options during the off season.
I started with D09c on both sides but ended up swapping to back to T05 on BH halfway through as just felt it was a bit too hard but I liked the spin.
TBF even though i like D09c on FH i wont be getting the max out of it, so am tempted to go back to Battle 2 or H3 as think I prob get a bit more spin and i play better looping a little of the table. But not sure what to go for on BH that is really spinny but not mega hard?
My other thought is keeping D0c on FH and D05/80 but changing back to a wood blade.

What did u dislike about D09C and what do u not quite like about T05 that your not satisfied?

Both D05 & D80 are very spinny, D05 probably little spinnier but D80 easier to use. I have been using D80 for over 2 years. I have used T05 before but found it spin sensitive and bouncy, I have also used D05 prior to shifting to D80 and I found D80 easier to use at that time when I switched.

I thinking of trying T19 on spare blade at some stage myself just for comparison.

depending on what u didn’t like about D09C and T05 I would say you could try D05/D80 or T19…

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
My other thought is keeping D0c on FH and D05/80 but changing back to a wood blade.
I’m also using H3N recently changed from D09C and gave to say I prefer it.

Reactions: lodro and jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
@NDH Will be playing Div 1 next season. Filled in for the A team in the premier a few times this season.

As Dipak mentioned - I find 05 a bit bouncy at times and just don’t get that grab of the ball.

@Dipak. Tried D80 on a friends viscaria and I really liked it - but was only a little knock so good to hear that from you too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Thanks - what do you like about H8-80 on your background?

Its more spin im after than pace tbh

Yeah. I got both the H8-80 and BD on a Yinhe V-14 PRO, and H8-80 feels, well not dead, but very controllable and you have to add some effort to your strokes when playing with this one, even though I added a couple of layers Seamoon here as well. The main advantage with H8-80 for me is that it's a bit dead while blocking (i.e. flat hits). I can land so many more hard loop/smash returns on the table and sometimes it just feels ridiculous and I almost feel sorry for my opponent who thought he'd just won the ball. Chop-blocking works great. Short game and pushes work really good.

Big Dipper is more fun. Boosted it feels so much softer than say H3N, so there you have a bit dwell and it's more spinny than H8-80. I think H8-80 suffers from the soft sponge. Big Dipper is much more direct in the touch, and you don't have to put that much power behind your strokes as with H8-80. On the other hand, blocking isn't so easy any more. Well, not that hard either, but harder than with H8-80.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Just out of interest, why do you say T05 offers far easier pain than D05?

I imagine he meant with regards to technique when using T05 and D05. T05 creates good spin on low impact shots or let’s say where technique is lacking, whereas to generate good spin with D05 technique has to be more on point and more effort is required but You will get more out of D05 with the right technique for sure.

Reactions: Wrighty67

NDH

says Spin to win!

Just out of interest, why do you say T05 offers far easier pain than D05?

I love the typo there, but I assume you mean spin? 😂

T05 can produce tons of spin on slow shots, passive shots, and shots where you are out of position.

For *most* people who don't play at a high level, but want to produce lots of spin, this will be better than Dignics.

Dignics 05 has a higher ceiling for spin capability, but it requires a better quality of shot.

If you don't have a fast arm, or good technique, I don't think you'll produce a shot that is as spinny as T05.

Dignics 09c has a higher spin ceiling than both Dignics 05 and T05, but again, it needs a fast arm, good technique, and good ability.

The biggest downside to T05 is the bounciness - It makes it very difficult to get a good, short touch.... Especially for improving players.

Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I imagine he meant with regards to technique when using T05 and D05. T05 creates good spin on low impact shots or let’s say where technique is lacking, whereas to generate good spin with D05 technique has to be more on point and more effort is required but You will get more out of D05 with the right technique for sure.

Thanks - got it. I have got some D05 and some 8-80 to try so am interested in his discussion.

Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I love the typo there, but I assume you mean spin? 😂

T05 can produce tons of spin on slow shots, passive shots, and shots where you are out of position.

For *most* people who don't play at a high level, but want to produce lots of spin, this will be better than Dignics.

Dignics 05 has a higher ceiling for spin capability, but it requires a better quality of shot.

If you don't have a fast arm, or good technique, I don't think you'll produce a shot that is as spinny as T05.

Dignics 09c has a higher spin ceiling than both Dignics 05 and T05, but again, it needs a fast arm, good technique, and good ability.

The biggest downside to T05 is the bounciness - It makes it very difficult to get a good, short touch.... Especially for improving players.

Ha - yes, a rather appropriate typo!

Thanks - I understand.