Just got a Sanwei CC for $12

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I was really curious how a $12 carbon blade would play, so I just decided to order this on Aliexpress for the heck of it. I haven't played with it yet, but there are some observations.

- I can see that the build quality is not poor by any means, I wouldn't have guessed that it is $12.
- It is a inner carbon blade with LD carbon. I dont know what LD carbon is, but Sanwei on Facebook replied to me and said that it is meant to be fast and light.
- The core layer is not massive, but thicker than my V14 Pro. So I suspect that it is a little faster. I don't know what type of wood the core layer is
- The outside layers are said to be Limba, which supposedly gives a soft feeling. I guess they drew some design philosophy from HL5. Or maybe they just thought outside carbon would be too hard and fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I got to practice today with the CC and play a few games. I won the games the way I normally might win with my main blade. In practice, I felt the CC was quite fast and had a more "catapult" feel than the V-14 Pro. I think it was a little faster as a lot my shots went flying long at first. Reasonably stiff, but not overly stiff. I could see that my backhand improved a lot with this blade. I became more confident to attack aggressively with BH.

My forehand loop-drives looked good, and had decent spin. But, the biggest thing I find really odd about the blade is that the outer 4 layers of wood seem really soft. I don't know if other Limba blades have the same issue, but the shots just feel so mushy, and I'm never quite sure if I hit the ball cleanly or not. Sometimes my shots go wild, or sometimes I miss shots and I dont even know why I missed it. I feel like the blade is too soft to communicate to me. All my other blades have a much more solid and stable feeling.

Anybody have advice or experience playing with such soft limba blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
It kinda looks like the Yinhe T11+ or whatever it's called and for amateurs sometimes I buy a 61 second blade that seems to be very similar. They are fast and light blades with thick balsa core. They play fine but balsa is a weird wood. For over the table blocking play it should be great which is what mostly people look for among amateurs. One can easily make ~160g racket and some old people also prefer light setup since their elbow or wrist might be hurting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
T11 i think is quite a bit thicker. And also it seems like a hard blade.

CC feels very soft to me. But core might be balsa.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I think its consistent. Sweet spot is fine.

My points are specific to the blade design, not to the cheapness

again, generally speaking when the manufacturers want to make a fast blade they go as outer layer for Koto (or of cause similiar ) and
when they try to make a slower blade they use limba. (or equivalent).
Regardless of the 2 outer layers there are so many other aspects involved in designing a blade that even a blade with 2 layers of limba
can still give a great kick..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I've recently purchased 3 Sanwei CC blades. The first was in penhold for my daughter. Then I bought one in FL for my wife and finally just bought another FL grip for my son. I bought the first one for my daughter for the sole reason that it was so cheap. After hitting with it for a few minutes, I was pleasantly shocked at how well it hit. I also own a Yinhe V14 Pro and thought the Sanwei CC felt softer and was a little slower than my V14 Pro, but I guess blades vary from one to another. Anyway, I then ordered two more for the rest of my family members so they could all use the same blade and not have an excuse when one loses to the other because "so and so has a better blade" 😆

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
BTW $12 for an inner carbon blade with limba outer plies from a decent and established company is NUTS

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

again, generally speaking when the manufacturers want to make a fast blade they go as outer layer for Koto (or of cause similiar ) and
when they try to make a slower blade they use limba. (or equivalent).
Regardless of the 2 outer layers there are so many other aspects involved in designing a blade that even a blade with 2 layers of limba
can still give a great kick..

I think this is actually meant to be a clone of the Ma Lin Carbon. It has a similar construction of Limba-soft wood - carbon.

The handle design is also the same.

I still prefer the crisp feeling of Koto, but maybe I just need to get used to the Limba-Soft wood design.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I've recently purchased 3 Sanwei CC blades. The first was in penhold for my daughter. Then I bought one in FL for my wife and finally just bought another FL grip for my son. I bought the first one for my daughter for the sole reason that it was so cheap. After hitting with it for a few minutes, I was pleasantly shocked at how well it hit. I also own a Yinhe V14 Pro and thought the Sanwei CC felt softer and was a little slower than my V14 Pro, but I guess blades vary from one to another. Anyway, I then ordered two more for the rest of my family members so they could all use the same blade and not have an excuse when one loses to the other because "so and so has a better blade" 😆

In terms of speed, I personally think its really fast. But I have a big swing, and maybe the inner construction results in faster ball only in bigger swings.

How do you like the soft feeling of the blade? I feel that its quite mushy, but maybe I will get used to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
It's hard for me to say, Michael, because the rubbers on all the Sanwei CCs (Sanwei Ultra Spin T-88) are softer than what I use on my blades (Mercury 2). The only way for me to accurately compare the blades is by using the same rubbers on both. Heck, for only $12 maybe I should get one for myself and do just that!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Yeah, I COULD do that, but then I wouldn't have an excuse to buy another blade 😈