Europe Top 16 2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
R-16
https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2022/february/day-one---packed-with-fierce-matches-in-montreux/
Q-F
https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2022/february/the-quarterfinals-at-the-2022-ccb-europe-top-16-cup/

No Dima - Timo and Franziska...

Gauzy is terribly out of form - hopefully he can figure it out...

I think tomorrow should be Darko - Franziska and Timo - Truls.

On the women's side, I think Barbora Balazova got a bad break. Hopefully she will get a better draw next time - she is now really one of the top 4 women in Europe and getting Han Ying in round 1 is just flat out unfair.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

Truls played really well that game, but Timo is 2 to 3 weeks out of a longer injury. Of course his body in form yet. especially as you cant do most of the basics exercises with a abdominal muscle injury. You could see Timo hadnt found his touch back yet.

But like I said Truls playerdgreat, but in my eyes he is quite overhyped. He will never be Nr1 and will even struggle to hit the top10. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

This user has no status.
Truls played superbly, Timo is not in full form, but i don't think anyone could have done anything against him playing like this apart from Fan Zhendong...

Truls was in the zone the whole match, he's played superbly against Lebesson, and proved mental strength against Karlsson, down 3-7 in the 7th...

I'm quickly becoming a huge fan !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Franziska had a really good performance against a well performing Gionis, but in his next match was not enough against Darko who played very well and bold. It looks like he was having trouble dealing with Darko's backhand serve.

Truls vs Darko will be interesting, 2 young aggressive players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Franziska had a really good performance against a well performing Gionis, but in his next match was not enough against Darko who played very well and bold. It looks like he was having trouble dealing with Darko's backhand serve.

Truls vs Darko will be interesting, 2 young aggressive players.

It was weird. Usually there are no secrets between Bundesliga teammates and Franziska usually plays the power singles position for Saarbrucken. Maybe a changing of the guard is near....

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Encounter between teammates doesn't reveal much.
Also:
“This is the first time that I overcame him and I am very happy. It is so hard to do when you play against the players you know so well. In the beginning of three first games, I was to passive, I waited for his mistakes for long. As soon as I took initiative I regained control and I started to win,”said JORGIC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
IMG%205411%20JPG.jpeg

NextLevel;363798Why did Darko wear Swedish colors... 😁

Europe's future is in good hands.

They actually got their names mixed up at the start lol

l4AvSpD.jpg

l4AvSpD
https://imgur.com/a/l4AvSpD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
It was a good tournament to watch - wish it was a longer format/had more players. But then wouldn't be the top 16 😂

Gauzy looked so out of form - was almost embarrassed for him as he seemed no where. Timo - again doesn't look fit/match sharp but good win again for Truls.

Really pleased for Darko though - played with spirit and went for his shots - there were some fantastic points with PF that he seemed to get the better of.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Loosing into finals, with a 3-1 lead and then throwing your TT bat on the floor quite dangerously, what a self obsessed, delusional pro level player!!! I don't know what the organizers decided to do, If it were to me, I would ban him for a season at the very least. Pro players getting away with these kind of behavior should not be tolerated at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Loosing into finals, with a 3-1 lead and then throwing your TT bat on the floor quite dangerously, what a self obsessed, delusional pro level player!!! I don't know what the organizers decided to do, If it were to me, I would ban him for a season at the very least. Pro players getting away with these kind of behavior should not be tolerated at all.

Agree. He will mature after a ban.

Wang Chuqin got banned by CTTA for 3 months after throwing his racket.

He had matured more with a calmer manners ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
... I would ban him for a season at the very least. Pro players getting away with these kind of behavior should not be tolerated at all.

I'm not so sure - that seems a bit overboard to me.

I agree that there should be some consequence, but the consequence should be proportionate to the wrongdoing and a season ban seems too much. Maybe 3 months as suggested by SFF_lib is better?

How are similar transgressions penalised in tennis, for example? What about docking players 5% (for example) of their ITTF world ranking points?

We certainly want professional sportspeople to behave like professionals but, at the same time, we don't want pro-level sport to become entirely sterile. Players should be allowed to express frustration, anger, joy, etc within reasonable boundaries - and suffer proportionate penalties if they go too far.

Last edited: