Just tried Rxton 5 and T3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Just tried a couple rubbers from Loki.

A lot of people seem to be using Rxton 5, so I decided to give it a try. The sponge is really hard, 49d, and it looks a lot like a H3. Its really dense sponge and the topsheet is tacky. Based on reviews, I thought it would be quite fast, but I was a little disappointed. Its a little faster than H3 and Target, but slower than Big Dipper, Bloom Power, B2. Its basically a copy of H3 I think, but a little more lively. I think this is not really an easy rubber to play with. For people who are using Rxton 5, what is it that you like about it?

T3 has a so-called black carbon sponge. Its 45d, and similar to AK47 red. Matte topsheet and hard sponge. It produces good speed on both FH or BH. I could get some really powerful smashes and loops with this. The performance is similar to AK47, but it has a denser or stiffer look and feel to it. AK47 has a lighter/airy feel to it. I think a lot of people would like the T3, but since its a little more expensive than the AK47, might as just get the AK47.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also, the Rxton 5 is listed as 49 hardness, but it actually feels way harder. Even if you push hard, you cannot compress the sponge at all.

I was thinking maybe I should put some baby oil on it to make it easier to play.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Also, the Rxton 5 is listed as 49 hardness, but it actually feels way harder. Even if you push hard, you cannot compress the sponge at all. I was thinking maybe I should put some baby oil on it to make it easier to play.

i only ever tried the V because when some of the TT-greats here on the forum did a review he said the V was the best. I use them with 1 layer of seamoon booster, they never even bother to curl but just soften a wee bit. I use them on both FH and BH and have no problem getting the opposition doing that famous look at their blades , right after the ball has screamed passed their elbow. 😂 I wish somebody would buy me a Dignics rubber so i could then loudly proclaim :" Rxton 5 is the closest rubber to Dignics you can get."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

i only ever tried the V because when some of the TT-greats here on the forum did a review he said the V was the best. I use them with 1 layer of seamoon booster, they never even bother to curl but just soften a wee bit. I use them on both FH and BH and have no problem getting the opposition doing that famous look at their blades , right after the ball has screamed passed their elbow. 😂 I wish somebody would buy me a Dignics rubber so i could then loudly proclaim :" Rxton 5 is the closest rubber to Dignics you can get."

Have you tried big dipper? I definitely think that is more similar to dignics. Way more bouncy and fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I feel that the Rxton III is closer to H3N than Rxton V in some way. It has a bit softer sponge, and still really good spin. T3 was working like a fast backhand blocking rubber for me. It's impossible to create spin as with H3 and Rxton with this one.
Yep. A Big Dipper H38 with a couple of booster layers gives really good bounce and superb spin. That could be somewhere nearby the Dignics feeling.
LOKI N80 is a quite nice rubber as well. Like a softer version of H3N. Good feeling, spin and easy blocking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I feel that the Rxton III is closer to H3N than Rxton V in some way. It has a bit softer sponge, and still really good spin. T3 was working like a fast backhand blocking rubber for me. It's impossible to create spin as with H3 and Rxton with this one.
Yep. A Big Dipper H38 with a couple of booster layers gives really good bounce and superb spin. That could be somewhere nearby the Dignics feeling.
LOKI N80 is a quite nice rubber as well. Like a softer version of H3N. Good feeling, spin and easy blocking.

How is N80 different from rxton 5? They seem almost the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Interesting. N80 sounds like a really good performance rubber. But its double the price of Rxton 5...so not sure if its worth it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The Rxton 5 sponge really is quite dense and hard, so I decided to add a layer of baby oil to see if its easier to play.

Overall i feel like its lively version of H3, but the sponge is just so hard.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997507163.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.526f3440JYV82H&algo_pvid=2f549f76-6b2f-45c1-b061-3391db395444&algo_exp_id=2f549f76-6b2f-45c1-b061-3391db395444-46&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2266916565099%22%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B13.64%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BUSD%3Bsearch-mainSearch

On the Loki Store page, it gives Rxton 1 at 45, and Rxton 5 at 49d hardness. This is not the same scale as DHS hurricane.

I think on the DHS scale, it would actually be 37d. But it just seems and feels way harder than that. It feels like 40d on the DHS scale to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Why do you like the Rxton 5 so much so as to use it on FH and BH? I think its really difficult to use on BH, but makes sense as a FH rubber. Although I think there might be better options at FH as well.

I have found Bloom Power to be faster and easier to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Why do you like the Rxton 5 so much so as to use it on FH and BH? I think its really difficult to use on BH, but makes sense as a FH rubber. Although I think there might be better options at FH as well.

I have found Bloom Power to be faster and easier to use.

Yes. Bloom Power H47 is really nice on forehand. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Wow, something else really weird happened. I applied 1 layer of baby oil to Rxton 5. It did start to curl a little, but it seems that small cracks have formed on the topsheet, and the oil has even seeped through the cracks and appear on the surface of the topsheet.

I have never seen that happen before. Anybody else seen that?

I hope I didn't ruin a brand new rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Wow, something else really weird happened. I applied 1 layer of baby oil to Rxton 5. It did start to curl a little, but it seems that small cracks have formed on the topsheet, and the oil has even seeped through the cracks and appear on the surface of the topsheet.

I have never seen that happen before. Anybody else seen that?

I hope I didn't ruin a brand new rubber.

Wow !!
sure is new one for me too and i would suggest that the rubber might have been faulty.
How much oil do you apply ?
I normally give quite a frugal layer and at (roughly) 20 -24 degrees C it all soaks up within about one hour.
If one would completely soak the sponge , anything might happen.
Re. why do i like the lRXTON5 so much ??????????????
Well, it just seems to suit my playing style but remember, " I am weird " 😂
When I bought my first Neo 37, with the intention to put it on to my backhand that just never worked for me until by mistake
I one day I accidentally started playing with the 37 H on the FH. (BH was then H3 2.15 / H39) and only the pingpong gods know why BUT this now worked real fine for me . 😵

Now I have given up on the NEOs completely, I prefer the standard H3 on the blades i use for playing doubles and I am
using RXTON5 both sides on the blades I use for singles.

I lack the science to come up with a proper answer why this works for me and that is OK. It is satisfying to play this way and i have fun. ..............all is well. 😊

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Curled up like this. I hope i didnt put too much oil and make the sponge too mushy.
but the sponge just felt so dense and hard to me.

This is only a mild curl but when i apply 1 layer of seamoon it does not curl that much.
So my guess is that indeed you "swamped" the sponge with too much oil, but this really is just a guess.