Just tried Rxton 5 and T3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I didn't get to play with it, but I did glue it back onto my V14 Pro blade.

Good news is that I dont think the rubber is ruined. It doesn't feel too mushy. In fact, it feels more comfortable. It doesn't have the overly dense feeling that it had before, and I feel like I can actually feel the blade more. The bounce is still quite bouncy, and feels easier to use.

So, hopefully this baby oil operation was a success.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
What is your level about?

I wouldn't call them great out of the pack. They have potential, but its way too dense and hard out of pack. It almost seems like they are made to be boosted.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
What is your level about?

I wouldn't call them great out of the pack. They have potential, but its way too dense and hard out of pack. It almost seems like they are made to be boosted.

It almost seems like they are made to be boosted.............................which is what most people also say of the hurricanes........but i can play them
too without boosting.
My level ? I don't have a level. What i claim to be - i write for everybody to read : TT-CLOWN, old git.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So I got to play with the baby oiled Rxton 5. Definitely the original ultra-dense, thick feeling is gone. It feels much more like a regular rubber.

But I noticed that it seems to have cause a lot of forehand loops to go into the net. Unless the blade is fully engaged, the rubber itself doesn't have enough force to get the ball over the table. A lot of brush-stroke loops seem to fall into the net now. Maybe the oil caused the rubber to loose some speed, but i'm not sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
The loki 9 stars blade is sold with rxton 5. But sponges are blue (FH red rubber) and black (black rubber), not like classic rxton 5 singles packages wich sponges are white/yellow. I’m asking if the are the same? Because i don’t found rxton 5 hard compared to Jupiter 2 /38 for example. And i prefer Loki rxton 5 than Jupiter 2 wich are too fast and hard for me..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Here a picture. I’ve got this blade. Rubbers are the same as rxton 5 (same logo and writing), only blue Color different. But I read that it’s a special series imported.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I sorry picture can’t upload. But you can see rubbers if you type Loki 9 star blade on a search.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I just looked, I don't think its Rxton 5. I think its' Rxton 1, which is available for like $7 a sheet on Aliexpress.

Rxton 5 has the number 158-007
Rxton 1 has the number 158-005
Rxton3 has 158-006

so it is possible that their exists a 5 that has a different sponge but the same 007 number

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003625238250.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.21c33c00ao1w0U&mp=1
😉
Now Michael , you know you have to buy this blade and give us a review of those "secret magic rubbers"

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
You mean that they have the same Rxton 5 topsheet, but have a different sponge?

Actually that makes sense, because in my opinion, Rxton 5 sponge is very hard/dense. For me, the overwhelming impression I got from using Rxton 5 was that it was extremely hard. The Loki 9 star rubber looks more porous, and if Ril31 says it is soft, then I don't think its the same sponge.

What about you Lodro, is the Rxton 5 very hard for you without oiling it.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
You mean that they have the same Rxton 5 topsheet, but have a different sponge?

Actually that makes sense, because in my opinion, Rxton 5 sponge is very hard/dense. For me, the overwhelming impression I got from using Rxton 5 was that it was extremely hard. The Loki 9 star rubber looks more porous, and if Ril31 says it is soft, then I don't think its the same sponge.

What about you Lodro, is the Rxton 5 very hard for you without oiling it.

Yes, that is what i conclude : Same Rxton5 top rubber with a soft sponge. This would be probably exactly what you would like.
As far as i know there is nothing wrong with this as far as ITTF is concerned, They sanction just the top and the manufacturer
can fit whatever sponge they like.

The Rxton 5 Rubber is not too hard for me, I like it hard. As a routine though I give all my Rxton 5 and also all my Hurricane H3
1 single , thin,coat of Seamoon, the cheapest version. This does not even make them bend up.
What this does is make the rubbers a bit more pliable and they stop being stiff like cardboard or old leather.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I gave my Rxton 5 just a thin layer of baby oil just to remove the extremely hard feeling. but if you play your rxton 5 without the seamoon, does it feel extremely hard to you?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I gave my Rxton 5 just a thin layer of baby oil just to remove the extremely hard feeling. but if you play your rxton 5 without the seamoon, does it feel extremely hard to you?

Not really hard, just a bit stiff.
They are really very similar to Hurricane 3 commercial. I know you do not like them much.............but i do

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I’ve got the Loki blade and rubbers are marked with rxton V, but with blue sponge. For the price this blade with rxton v blue is really really good. I gave it to my son and I play with sanwei F3 pro (stiff one) with kokutaku blue sponge to test (I had Jupiter 2 before but too fast on this blade). But at the end I asking me if I do not prefer his Loki than mine [emoji28]. Blade is really light, and rxton blue sponge are really good, not too hard, a good bounce and a good spin. Very tacky and after the tack gone, the rubber comes a light porous and spin stay.
I wait for new Palio hadou 40+ for testing too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Reviving this old thread because I just used Rxton 5 for the first time and wanted to get some input from Rxton users.

Based on this thread, I decided to apply a thin layer of baby oil to the sponge. After 24 hours there was no curl at all and I assume the sponge softened up a little bit. Rxton 5 is described as tacky, but the topsheet has almost no tack. I can't pick up a ball with it at all. I was using Yinhe Mercury 2 before and it was way tackier. New, I could pick up a ball for 3 seconds with it. Even after 2 months of use when the tack wore off significantly I could still pick up a ball for 1 second or so. Did I just get a weird batch?

First time hitting with it, the rubber is very slow and hard to use. I have it glued to my Nittaku Acoustic and the speed and bounce is far less than a Mercury 2 (with 1 layer of baby oil) attached to a Yasaka Sweden Extra. On FH drives, I could get a lot more spin with Mercury 2 on brushing contact and slow to medium speed balls. I can only seem to get any power of Rxton 5 with hard contact where I can hear the crack of the blade. Those shots felt good but they were fewer and farther between than with Mercury 2.

Despite the non-tacky topsheet, I was able to generate spin better when practicing FH loops against backspin. These were actually as spinny or more spinny than with Mercury 2. I also practiced some short backspin serves and, for the first time, was able to get a few ghost serves to come back over the net after one bounce (yay).

So it looks like spin is pretty good if I'm brushing the bottom of the ball during short serves or brushing up against backspin. The lack of speed and spin on the FH drive I hope is just a matter of needing to adjust my stroke for more contact and hitting through the ball more before the brushing motion. I'll keep at it for another few sessions and hopefully things change for the better.

Is there a break in period for Rxton 5? If so, how long did it take? And how much softer/elastic/more dynamic will it get?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Reviving this old thread because I just used Rxton 5 for the first time and wanted to get some input from Rxton users.

Based on this thread, I decided to apply a thin layer of baby oil to the sponge. After 24 hours there was no curl at all and I assume the sponge softened up a little bit. Rxton 5 is described as tacky, but the topsheet has almost no tack. I can't pick up a ball with it at all. I was using Yinhe Mercury 2 before and it was way tackier. New, I could pick up a ball for 3 seconds with it. Even after 2 months of use when the tack wore off significantly I could still pick up a ball for 1 second or so. Did I just get a weird batch?

First time hitting with it, the rubber is very slow and hard to use. I have it glued to my Nittaku Acoustic and the speed and bounce is far less than a Mercury 2 (with 1 layer of baby oil) attached to a Yasaka Sweden Extra. On FH drives, I could get a lot more spin with Mercury 2 on brushing contact and slow to medium speed balls. I can only seem to get any power of Rxton 5 with hard contact where I can hear the crack of the blade. Those shots felt good but they were fewer and farther between than with Mercury 2.

Despite the non-tacky topsheet, I was able to generate spin better when practicing FH loops against backspin. These were actually as spinny or more spinny than with Mercury 2. I also practiced some short backspin serves and, for the first time, was able to get a few ghost serves to come back over the net after one bounce (yay).

So it looks like spin is pretty good if I'm brushing the bottom of the ball during short serves or brushing up against backspin. The lack of speed and spin on the FH drive I hope is just a matter of needing to adjust my stroke for more contact and hitting through the ball more before the brushing motion. I'll keep at it for another few sessions and hopefully things change for the better.

Is there a break in period for Rxton 5? If so, how long did it take? And how much softer/elastic/more dynamic will it get?
My Rxton 5 copy is also almost non-tacky. This one is a hard rubber and it's very good when brushing the ball, and Mercury 2 is a softer and bouncier rubber like you say. As the sponge and rubber is quite hard, it's easier to achieve more spin when using the wrist good, like services and when brushing. @lodro will have more info for you I think? :)