Where to buy bat with long pimples online ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I would like to experience playing with a bat that has long pimples on one side and regular rubber on the other.
I am only an old player who just plays for enjoyment and exercise so do not want to spend too much.
My current bar is a Stiga from Amazon which cost me around £60 so that gives you some idea of my budget.
Any advice would be great.

This user has no status.
I would like to experience playing with a bat that has long pimples on one side and regular rubber on the other.
I am only an old player who just plays for enjoyment and exercise so do not want to spend too much.
My current bar is a Stiga from Amazon which cost me around £60 so that gives you some idea of my budget.

I would recommend Bribar table tennis in the UK. Telephone: 01227 860348 for advice.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

Talk to Barry Chapman at Bribar table tennis in the UK. Telephone: 01227 860348 for advice. He plays with long pimples on one side. Hellfire OX I believe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

First
I think the best way for you is to try out club mates bat, so much cheaper and more opportunity to try different rubbers without spending money, also you will benefit from the opinions of the bats owner. its very difficult to hit on the right long pimples straight away because its very important to have the right speed of sponge to suit your individual style and you dont want to find yourself buying different sheets to get it right. Be aware that some lp dont last very well because of pimples breaking
Second
If you truly just play for enjoyment and exercise then avoid the long pimples scene altogether and maybe invest a small amount in getting some coaching- one who can open your eyes to simple training drills. Falkenberg for instance as well as being great exercise is FUN, even when playing for less seriously

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The info given above is pretty solid and you have three versions of all that you need; any of those three answers would be totally fine.

If you were in the US I would tell you to go to Cole's Table Tennis

He would be able to set you up with a darn good setup.....probably for under $40.00 USD. Cole sells TT equipment that is pretty good quality but very inexpensive. He only sells products he has tried and LIKES. And he knows enough that, if you had an email exchange with him, he could help you build a setup that would be really good for you that he could put together before shipping.

However, I am not sure the shipping cost from USA to UK would make that extra level of service for a good but very inexpensive product would be worth it after the price of shipping.

This page:

Cole's TT Shipping Policy

Lists Cole's shipping policy (for international as well as in US). And it also provides a way to contact Cole. Feel free to get his email and ask him stuff. Even if just for research, he would be able to help you with stuff that would be good, and very inexpensive.

There is a racket setup I used to buy from him that cost 32$ US for blade and rubbers and him assembling the racket. I used to get them so that, if I played with someone who did not have a decent racket, I could let them use something good but not expensive. I am pretty sure that 32$ setup made from blade and rubbers from China from not so well known brands would be a better setup than most prebuilt setups from major TT companies costing up to 100$.....so very inexpensive and still quite a good racket.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I bought Karakel blades for R100 only from Tenth Sports online which costs 5 pounds. These work well for me.

It seems you may not know what the OP of this thread is asking for. Do you know what Long Pimples are? The only table tennis rackets from the site you listed are junk and they do not have long Pimples.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The info given above is pretty solid and you have three versions of all that you need; any of those three answers would be totally fine.

If you were in the US I would tell you to go to Cole's Table Tennis

He would be able to set you up with a darn good setup.....probably for under $40.00 USD. Cole sells TT equipment that is pretty good quality but very inexpensive. He only sells products he has tried and LIKES. And he knows enough that, if you had an email exchange with him, he could help you build a setup that would be really good for you that he could put together before shipping.

However, I am not sure the shipping cost from USA to UK would make that extra level of service for a good but very inexpensive product would be worth it after the price of shipping.

This page:

Cole's TT Shipping Policy

Lists Cole's shipping policy (for international as well as in US). And it also provides a way to contact Cole. Feel free to get his email and ask him stuff. Even if just for research, he would be able to help you with stuff that would be good, and very inexpensive.

There is a racket setup I used to buy from him that cost 32$ US for blade and rubbers and him assembling the racket. I used to get them so that, if I played with someone who did not have a decent racket, I could let them use something good but not expensive. I am pretty sure that 32$ setup made from blade and rubbers from China from not so well known brands would be a better setup than most prebuilt setups from major TT companies costing up to 100$.....so very inexpensive and still quite a good racket.

Auburn TTC leader asked me to advise a newer player where to get something better than pre-made bat... I immediately ripped off a 2 inch chunk of cardboard from a ball box and wrote down colestt.com and said 896 blade and whatever $8 rubber Cole has... which is now Mercury II, which is perfectly OK to start out with. (Bummer XP2008 isn't made any moar)

I just shipped two different stuff to different places in UK, paid $25 - $27 USD each shipment. Maybe someone in UK sells Chinese stuff or he can wait for TTNPP.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

Auburn TTC leader asked me to advise a newer player where to get something better than pre-made bat... I immediately ripped off a 2 inch chunk of cardboard from a ball box and wrote down colestt.com and said 896 blade and whatever $8 rubber Cole has... which is now Mercury II, which is perfectly OK to start out with. (Bummer XP2008 isn't made any moar)

I just shipped two different stuff to different places in UK, paid $25 - $27 USD each shipment. Maybe someone in UK sells Chinese stuff or he can wait for TTNPP.

The UK supplier Bribar that I have suggested do stock DHS and Winning rubbers including the various types of Winning NP-8