WTT Singapore Smash 2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Great effort by Aruna, though I have a feeling ML is gonna get murdered by Wang Chuqin now. We'll see, hope I'm wrong.

P.S. I can live with the side angle, but the vertical angle is just ridiculous. It's borderline birds-eye view ffs. Bring the bloody camera down a little.

Where are table 1 live matches. On WTT app it only had the score of recent ma long match not live video 😡

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Is Harimoto going to get a coaching change or something? Whatever he has been doing the past 3 years is not working clearly.

I agree with you, maybe he's getting too much pressure from his parents ?

didn't Serena Williams moved away from her father ?

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012

Where are table 1 live matches. On WTT app it only had the score of recent ma long match not live video 😡

There are no matches in progress right now. Duda and Moregard are up in just under two hours.

The page says that the official broadcast for India is at the WTT official facebook page.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
HIRANO put on a good fight in G1 against WANG Yidi. She was up 10-8 but lost the BH rallies at the end, and lost 11-13 this game. You don't have second chances against top Chinese Players 0-3.

after disappointing results from fellow Japanese players, UDA managed to edge BOLL 3-2 in the moneytime. a nice win for him, i hope it will give me some confidence for his next matches and tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
HIRANO put on a good fight in G1 against WANG Yidi. She was up 10-8 but lost the BH rallies at the end, and lost 11-13 this game. You don't have second chances against top Chinese Players 0-3.

after disappointing results from fellow Japanese players, UDA managed to edge BOLL 3-2 in the moneytime. a nice win for him, i hope it will give me some confidence for his next matches and tournaments.

Maybe MH should have a built in agreement with her coach that if she get's up 10-8 with the serve against any of the top Chinese just call timeout. Exact same thing happened in her match with CM. During game 1 you can see that WYD was winning the fast BH-BH rallies. But that's the same pattern she got into despite having the serve. Actually, MH had a good chance when she forced a FH push by WYD, quick BH to force her to move, but then she continue with BH-BH rally. MH really does have a very good game, but she has to up her mental game.

Awesome win for Uda. He's always had the talent, but also has been very up and down. I hope this spurs him on to greater heights. LJH will be tough, but at least a style that Uda is comfortable with. He picks up a minimum of $15,000 USD this tournament which is very nice for the university student.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The side angle is so unbearably outrageous that they should at least give us another separate video of the same matches but with a corner angle instead. But of course we're all forced to watch the side angle even though they do have another camera at the corner angle on set which only shows like very rarely, and designed that way on purpose so that most of the time our eyes are glued to their stupid logos shoved into our faces.

Reactions: karupinkun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Embarrassing from Harimoto but nothing new, we know that he is not as good anymore and he can lose against many players now, it's hardly a surprise. His increased body size and weight made him worse. I think Togami Shunsuke has a bigger potential in the next years but he lacks experience.

I think the issue is how to move from a countering game to a game that is troubling for your opponents to deal with beyond the serve and banana. As he become more conventional, his limitations also stand out as his speed/timing becomes less troubling once he has to step back from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I agree with you, maybe he's getting too much pressure from his parents ?

didn't Serena Williams moved away from her father ?

I don't think he's coached by his parents too much these days. Most of his coaching is from his Japanese national team coaches. But they don't seem to be teaching him anything.

Some of the Japanese news programs give some little insight into his training under the Japanese coaches, and a lot of it seemed to have been focused on physical strength. But I don't see much increase in his power, and he looks slower than before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I didn't get to watch the the Uda/LJH match, but what a tournament for Uda. He's into the QF and has a legitimate shot at a SF at a Grand Slam. Now if he could just meet Togami in the finals of the next selection tournament, we'll be all set!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

she wanted to marry him and never found her level again when he declined

Did she really though?? 😀, I knew about Ishikawa and Ma Long, I think something similar happened, maybe not really a proposal though??.
I think it's almost impossible for teens to play alongside these stars and win some laurel and not develop some infatuation along the way lol. I mean some girls develop new crushes every day just from watching kpop and kdramas

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

Did she really though?? 😀, I knew about Ishikawa and Ma Long, I think something similar happened, maybe not really a proposal though??.
I think it's almost impossible for teens to play alongside these stars and win some laurel and not develop some infatuation along the way lol. I mean some girls develop new crushes every day just from watching kpop and kdramas

i'm just joking, but who knows ? Anyway Yang Haeun used to be a pillar of the KNT, and now she isn't anymore although she's still relatively young

-----
YUAN Jianan has ousted Mima ITO. I just watched the last game, it was very much a disaster for Mima. It looked like she didn't know how to make a BH anymore. Can't really explain why ? Also, YUAN managed to smash the ball very early in the rally, Mima's ball were too high too easy ? and YUAN didn't have any problems to receive Mima's serve. 1-3 and a very surprising and difficult defeat, one which can affect her confidence - i hope not.