I own a Fang Bo B2X, ask me anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I recently picked up my YEO as well. Faster than what I remembered. I would go as far as to say that on drives and blocks it’s surprisingly fast than what I remembered. As fast as my B2X, on drives. I feel that it holds the ball extremely well during service and touch. I can really feel it grab the ball during open ups against under. The feeling is nice crisp, b2x and hl 5 is comparable. I would say those two carbons have more dwell, my guess due to the top ply.

What rubber are you using on your B2X.

I felt that the 09c on HL5 was a little heavy and slow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

What rubber are you using on your B2X.

I felt that the 09c on HL5 was a little heavy and slow.

I use H8 Mid hard, and skyline 3-60 mid hard. Blade is 88g but I haven’t weighed it on the scale. Weight doesn’t bother me, I like heavier blades my guess it’s around 190~195.

HL5 is head heavy. A lot more heavy compared to B2X.
D09c isn’t as fast as you would expect on low-medium impact shots, but it plays like Boosted National Hurricane when hitting hard. D09c however, doesn’t have the same level of comfort/ feeling of safenesses in short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I see you're enjoying the 69% HL5X :D

So far, I’ve played the Acoustic as you set it up but also now the HL5X with 09c and 05. I was expecting to warm to the Acoustic more due to it being more “feels’ oriented - but to be honest the HL5X has proved much more suited across the board to my game. My other HL5X is 63% - do you think the 69% is significant?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I was curious too and found this in some tt11 review:
"I choose 92 grams blade with 60% rebound rate. I wanted a really fast blade. I spoke with one player who had 4 Long 5 blades and he said that more % means more control. So 60% is more impulsive and will give u extra catapult when 68-70% will give u more dwell and control but a bit less speed."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I was curious too and found this in some tt11 review:
"I choose 92 grams blade with 60% rebound rate. I wanted a really fast blade. I spoke with one player who had 4 Long 5 blades and he said that more % means more control. So 60% is more impulsive and will give u extra catapult when 68-70% will give u more dwell and control but a bit less speed."

That's how I read it too - "rebound attenuation %" so higher = more dwell. Hopefully Duke will chime in and clarify!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
It's been a while since I played with the HL5, but I hit with one today with Dignics 09c.

It was stiffer and less flexy than I remember. And it was harder to get speed with it than I remember as well. I had to swing a lot harder than I remember to get high speed/spin.

I think the last time I hit with HL5, it had a ESN rubber like MXP on it. So that may have played a part.

After hitting with the HL5, I picked up my MLEO(big dipper on FH) and it felt so easy and fast compared to the HL5.

Well, I told you so in a different thread, didn't I?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

So far, I’ve played the Acoustic as you set it up but also now the HL5X with 09c and 05. I was expecting to warm to the Acoustic more due to it being more “feels’ oriented - but to be honest the HL5X has proved much more suited across the board to my game. My other HL5X is 63% - do you think the 69% is significant?

I do think 69% feels much better when I played it, feels softer and can hold on to the ball better, comparing to my other one that's 60%. But it could also be a placebo lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Maybe that's why HL5 is 3 times the price of Fang Bo
DHS could easily provide this with any of their blade. So yes and no. Yes it could be part of the QC process, but I don’t see as to how hard it would be it to measure things like weight and whatever.

All it is is a piece of paper with specifications. I could live without knowing whatever percent my blade is. Long V is more expensive due to QC. Also Ma Long.

my guess mine is something near 60 or 65 percent given those definitions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It is pretty cool feature. BTY should copy them and provide it on their blades too. I tried a Innerforce ZLC today, and it kind of reminded me of HL5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I played with the Fang Bo B2X again, and I will say that if you can unlock it's true potential, it's seriously deadly. Obviously you can say this for all blades, but out of all that I own, this the one that is very noticeable.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to that level, or if it's too stiff for me, in which case, I might buy a b2. But the potential power it has is insane.
My main complaint is that it takes effort to get to the higher level of the B2X. In some ways, I like the viscaria more in this regard. Relatively low effort blade, and you can send the ball quickly.

For anyone who wants to get this blade AND make the most out of it, you have to be active. No lazy footwork with this blade, otherwise you won't be able to get it to it's fullest potential. Along with being active, you need to have proper technique. I think that this blade might suit players who have a more closed angle (not very closed), rather than open.