7 ply all wood Sanwei blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Has anyone here played with both the Sanwei Fextra and Sanwei Pro V5? I already own the Pro V5 and am curious how it compares to the Fextra. The $20 price tag on the Fextra it's calling my name, but I don't my want to spend the money if the playing characteristics of the blades are close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Haven't played them, but they are probably reasonably close.

If you want something different, get the Sanwei CC. Its inner carbon blade for $12, and will have different characteristics from the all wood.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Haven't played them, but they are probably reasonably close.

If you want something different, get the Sanwei CC. Its inner carbon blade for $12, and will have different characteristics from the all wood.

I already have 3 Sanwei CCs. Great blade for the money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I only own a Fextra, and from what I've heard it's a bit slower than the Pro V5.
The Fextra is closer to a Clipper I guess (external Limba not Ash…)…

Ok, in that case I might skip it. Not sure I want to go any slower than the Pro V5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I havn't played the v5, but I keep coming back to Fextra after trying different all wood and carbon blades. I find it has amazing feel and control, with plenty of power. Awesome paired with Fastarc G1 (I have used the super thick and the new Max on FH - Max giving me more spin on serve and feels a touch softer but
the Super Thick works great on the Fextra too). Using Tenergy 05 Hard on BH - which doesnt feel too hard though as the Fextra has a relatively soft feel. I personally like the stiffness/softness synergy of the blade. I don't think you can find a better one for $20 - certainly worth a try at that price to see.
You have now got me interested to try the V5 though after reading about it! Good luck with the quest.....

• Haha
Reactions: lodro and Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
My blade journey so far has been: Stiga All-round Classic (way too underpowered for the 40+ plastic balls)> Sanwei Pro V5 (felt like I had more power AND control over the Stiga)> Yinhe V14 Pro> Yinhe Pro 13S. I've also purchased Sanwei CCs for both of my kids and my wife.
Every time I go back to the Pro V5, I notice an increase feeling of control with only a slight dropoff in speed. Not sure I want to go any slower than it though which is what's making me hesitate a little on getting a Fextra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Maybe I'll just hold tight for a minute. So far I have a 5 play all wood (Stiga), 7 ply all wood (Pro V5), inner carbon (CC), outer carbon (V14 Pro), and both inner and outer (13S).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have several Sanwei Fextra's (from Megaspin and princett) and also the Sanwei Pro V5 (from Megaspin). My Pro V5 came in at 71g and 1291Hz so it is very slow. The Fextra's are usually 1400Hz and faster (too fast for me for tournaments). I just got a Sanwei HC-5S (~$30 at Aliexpress) and it is really good, around 1356Hz, thicker handle (designed for the German market apparently according to spinfactory.de) and has a soft carbon layer so the control is amazing (my primary blade right now). Top layer is Hinoki and it's an inner carbon blade. I just ordered a Sanwei King Kong 2 just for the cool name ;-)

I am getting a lot more spin with the HC-5S compared to the Yinhe Pro Feeling with Koto top which is also inner carbon.

I think the HC series is similar to the Yinhe Cypress/Carbon blades, so the HC-5S is like the Yinhe T-6S or the T-7S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Your Pro V5 is only 71 grams?!?! I didn't think they came that light. My Pro V5 is 94 grams which makes it my heaviest blade. My V14 Pro is about 90g, my Pro 13S is 91g and the lightest one is the Stiga Allround Classic at 79g. I much prefer heavier blades (around the 90 gram mark).

This user has no status.
I have several Sanwei Fextra's (from Megaspin and princett) and also the Sanwei Pro V5 (from Megaspin). My Pro V5 came in at 71g and 1291Hz so it is very slow. The Fextra's are usually 1400Hz and faster (too fast for me for tournaments). I just got a Sanwei HC-5S (~$30 at Aliexpress) and it is really good, around 1356Hz, thicker handle (designed for the German market apparently according to spinfactory.de) and has a soft carbon layer so the control is amazing (my primary blade right now). Top layer is Hinoki and it's an inner carbon blade. I just ordered a Sanwei King Kong 2 just for the cool name ;-)

I am getting a lot more spin with the HC-5S compared to the Yinhe Pro Feeling with Koto top which is also inner carbon.

I think the HC series is similar to the Yinhe Cypress/Carbon blades, so the HC-5S is like the Yinhe T-6S or the T-7S.

Thanks for sharing... I wonder if all the HC series surfaces are made of Hinoki?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Sanwei HC5S

Yes, HC stands for hinoki carbon. Each variant has different qualities/speed depending on carbon type, placement of carbon layer and thickness of layers.HC5S soft inner carbon is the slowest but has the best feeling. Slower than Fextra depending on weight. I have three ranging fro 76 to 90 grams!yinhe T6s and 7s are three ply + different types of carbon so totally different from the Sanwei HC5S.Also the sanwei comes with a substantial ST handle. Great if you have big hands.

Last edited: