Question about factory boosted rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I was playing today with my Big Dipper on forehand against a guy with Tenergy. We traded paddles for a moment, and he asked me if I boost my rubber, because he feels it clicking.

I bought that sheet of BD some 5 years ago, so it got me thinking. I also have a brand new sheet of BD that I use, and I don't notice any different in speed between the 2 sheets. BD is supposedly factory-tuned. But shouldn't the factory tuning wear off after a couple months? Why would the 5 year old sheet feel just as fast and bouncy as the new sheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I was playing today with my Big Dipper on forehand against a guy with Tenergy. We traded paddles for a moment, and he asked me if I boost my rubber, because he feels it clicking.

I bought that sheet of BD some 5 years ago, so it got me thinking. I also have a brand new sheet of BD that I use, and I don't notice any different in speed between the 2 sheets. BD is supposedly factory-tuned. But shouldn't the factory tuning wear off after a couple months? Why would the 5 year old sheet feel just as fast and bouncy as the new sheet?

If jt stays in a vacuum sealed package, it will stop the booster from hardening.

This user has no status.
If my memory serves me right the BD doesnt get delivered in a sealed package. That saying either the mentioning of a tuning is marketing bs or it is far from significant enough to notice. Actually that was always something i like from the BD. It never changed its playing characteristics by much.

The only thing i dont like about the BD (and i never boosted it) that still several rubbers felt differently right from the get go. And i read in several reviews that QC seems to be not on point or nonexisting which is a dealbreaker for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well if the booster is insignificant, then that means the rubber is already very fast and lively from the start.

It's kind of similar to D09c, but I actually think BD might be faster.