Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
Definitely, this rubber is quite unusual and awkward. Once you make some adjustments, it does have potential. If you saw the video I posted of my 1 game, I was using GTX, so its not a complete failure of a rubber. I was hitting some forehand loops today, and people we're saying how much topspin there was. So it does have potential, but its a little hard to unlock, and quite strange rubber. I probably won't buy it again, but I already spent the money so I'm trying to get my money's worth out of it.

Did you boost your Arthur China? How does the Arthur China compare to the Hurricane 3 (assuming both are unboosted or both are boosted the same amount).

I saw it, but sadly it is hard to judge the equipment because of the low quality of feedback from your opponent. What i mean by that is, that either his returns were really long and slow or high and slow (and sometimes even both). On top he doesnt generate much of any kind of spin. The only thing i could see in terms of spin is, that you were able to generate some sort of spin from your loops. You did brush those balls quite well.
I am mostly hitting the balls a bit differently and harder as you can see here: https://youtu.be/-YXxUptyUhE

Yeah i get that. I mean it is definitly a rubber and you have good amount of controll and even speed if boosted, so it is playable. In my case it is just not enough^^

Well i still didnt boost it, and i probably wont because it is already pretty fast. Way faster than unboosted H3 and probably still faster with H3 boosted, depending on how you boosted it.
In that video above i was playing with Arthur China and i can generate high amount of spin and dont have to be in perfect position to hit fast shots. The room for error is surprisingly big.

The only disadvantage compared to H3 is the slightly lower amount of spin in several situations, and the slightly (really not by much) flatter arc. But either way it is a great budget rubber and on top it is consistent. This was my second rubber and it feels exactly the same and both are really tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
But its not really budget, right? I think its like $24 on Aliexpress. But from your description and video, it makes me want to try the Arthur China. What do you pair it with on your BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
For me, my favorite rubbers are tacky and spinny, but also bouncy without being boosted. So it sounds like Arthur China might be a good candidate.

This user has no status.
But its not really budget, right? I think its like $24 on Aliexpress. But from your description and video, it makes me want to try the Arthur China. What do you pair it with on your BH?

Well nearly everyone around my level plays with at least 40€ rubbers or even Tenergy which is around 60€. So as long as i am playing stuff around or even under 30€ i am playing budget stuff imo.
From my current experience i cant go much lower. Everything i played with, which was under 20€ had tremendous issues, either in the spin or speed department.

In that video i played Hurricane 8-80. Right now i put it back on my second setup as long as i am comparing it with Yasaka Rakza Z which got more expensive too in the last months so i am not so sure if i will stick with it. In case the difference is negligible i will stick with Hurricane 8-80 and order some more of them^^.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Which is faster, the Arthur China or Hurricane 8-80/Rakza Z?

Is Rakza Z a bouncy/fast rubber? I read some comments that said Jupiter 3 is actually a faster hybrid rubber than Rakza Z.

This user has no status.
Which is faster, the Arthur China or Hurricane 8-80/Rakza Z?

Is Rakza Z a bouncy/fast rubber? I read some comments that said Jupiter 3 is actually a faster hybrid rubber than Rakza Z.

Thats rough to compare for me. h8-80 and rakza Z arent compatible because i use arthur china exclusivly for my fh while the other rubbers are for bh purpose.

But i will give it a try:
H8-80 and rakza z have both a too high throw angle for fh imo. While h8-80 is a bit lower it is too bouncy for my fh. I once twiddled my racket and many shots went over the table with h8-80 on my fh.

I would assume nearly the same with rakza Z. You would have to close your racket quite hard to make it work on your fh.

In terms of raw speed i would say rakza z>H8-80>arthur china. But not by much. H8-80 and arthur china are really tacky and are quite capable to slow down the shots especially in the shortgame. Rakza Z is semitacky and has a little stronger initial bouncy. Flicking with it feels quite smooth and natural because of it.

I cant say much about the jupiter but isnt is supposed to be a pure fh rubber? At least it is advertised as such.

This user has no status.
So a year later i actually revisited Lokis Arthur China.
But this time not only on fh but also on my bh, too.

Before i draw serious conclusions here, i want to mention that a friend who played Hurricane 8 earlier this year on his fh, was looking for something faster, with a better arc. So we were theorycrafting a bit, he was testing several things, and soon i mentioned and recommendend the LAC to him. Some weeks ago he tested it and found it actually to be his new fh rubber.
This friend plays approx around 2100-2200 USATTR (cant really tell because he is not playing in germany anymore), so i was even more surprised to get such a feedback. He kinda compared it to a slightly downgraded K3, because LAC is somewhat slower and doesnt grab the ball in the same way.

But it actually does grab the ball. More than enough to propperly control loops, topspins and even great flicks from my bh. And still it has a better kick/bounce than H8-80 and can keep up in terms of highend speed from the boosted H8. I just did the transition from H8 to H8-80 to H3 and now to LAC and i had no issues to getting used to the rubber. Around half and hour i needed for some minor adjustments and i could make use of that rubber on my bh and play on the same level as before, if not better.

On fh though i actually have some more issues. LAC is in itself way faster with a higher arc, than all of my previous rubbers i used after i lastly used it. I am actually hitting too hard now in several situations, and miss shots or cant control the drawbacks. So currently i have so adjust angles a bit and especially my fullstroke and topspins. Loops are a breeze to perform as i remembered, though.

So i am planning on keeping them for the next weeks at least and train a bit more. Not sure now if i will stick to it on my fh, but definitly on my bh, because surprisingly it brought everything to the table i wished for.
If everything goes as planned i might be able to film a bit of training stuff with the current setup on friday, but we will see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
So a year later i actually revisited Lokis Arthur China.
But this time not only on fh but also on my bh, too.

So i am planning on keeping them for the next weeks at least and train a bit more. Not sure now if i will stick to it on my fh, but definitly on my bh, because surprisingly it brought everything to the table i wished for.
If everything goes as planned i might be able to film a bit of training stuff with the current setup on friday, but we will see.

Hey I'm glad that you've been able to find a BH rubber that checks all the boxes. Have to admit, I will miss reading your reviews of random rubbers during your search.

I would've thought that the LAC is too hard for a BH rubber. Are you planning on boosting?

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
Hey I'm glad that you've been able to find a BH rubber that checks all the boxes. Have to admit, I will miss reading your reviews of random rubbers during your search.

I would've thought that the LAC is too hard for a BH rubber. Are you planning on boosting?
Well i cant tell for sure i wont find some flaws in the near future that will "force" me to a change once more.
And still i have to see if i can adjust myself to play lac on fh again. So maybe i will start over testing fh rubbers now :ROFLMAO:

I thought too, that this rubber is too hard for bh. But that would be the case also for the K3 and D09c...
So yeah that the lac has such grip, hold of the ball and a decent bounce, actually surprised me as well. Never expected the top layer alone would be that responsive.

Well as ive said before, there is literally no need to boost that rubber. It would enhance characteristics, that are already there and it would negate the characteristics of chinese rubber that i still need. More of those could make this rubber more of an esn style rubber.
And the worst part would be that you would destroy the consitency of the rubber. Every batch was the same for now and feels really great. If i boost that now i would never be able to keep the consistency.
All in all i cant tell which advantage i might get through boosting this rubber.

This user has no status.
I still have a new LAC that I haven't opened or tested yet. But I'm pretty sure I will like it, based on what you said.

But everytime I go back to Jupiter 3, I am still amazed how good it is.
They are actually quite comparable.
Throwangle and especially the arc of the J3 are lower which would be my biggest issue, especially on bh.
Speed might be nearly the same.
Feeling and control though is probably lower from the j3 because the topsheetof the j3 is harder too. I usually didnt get the same, good feedback from my j3 than i get from the lac. J3 just doesnt seem to grip the ball (in the same way).

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
They are actually quite comparable.
Throwangle and especially the arc of the J3 are lower which would be my biggest issue, especially on bh.
Speed might be nearly the same.
Feeling and control though is probably lower from the j3 because the topsheetof the j3 is harder too. I usually didnt get the same, good feedback from my j3 than i get from the lac. J3 just doesnt seem to grip the ball (in the same way).
I might have missed it from previous post, but how hard does LAC feel compare to J3 38 or J3 39?

This user has no status.
I might have missed it from previous post, but how hard does LAC feel compare to J3 38 or J3 39?
Lac is 49. So on paper they should feel around the same.
Id guess there are 2 differences though. J3 has a tuned and dense sponge while Lac has a more porous sponge.

In my perception the topsheet feels different too. While j3 feels overall hard, the topsheet of the lac feels somewhat softer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Just to add some info about Jupiter 3 hardness, my 38d sheet measured 51d from the topsheet and 50d from the sponge using the Shore O durometer.
What other rubbers did you measure?

38d measuring to 50-51 sounds about right to me. 39d might come out to be 53. 40d might come up to 54-55.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
LAR has a more gripper topsheet than Jupiter 3
J3 Asia is hard, euro is soft, it is no where close to being a same rubber.
Asia was out first, euro is hard to get, so i'm assuming TB is using Asia.
Can't help it but just see incorrect information, so just want to speak out.

J3 isn't that great from my 15 years of playing Chinese tacky rubbers.
LAR is actually pretty decent, but I did tell Loki that price point doesn't justify where they are at the moment.

Loki isn't looking to be another Yinhe, but looking to be a top tier TT company with respectable price and product.
I did chat to them on a lot of confusion on naming and I do understanding how some of their "top tier" product is actually of good quality and fair price. But the brand value still needs to improve for the market to willing pay a premium for it.

If I didn't use H3, and I was given J3 or AR to choose, I would go with Loki AC. It is closer to the feel of my H3.

Blade wises, I actually prefer a lot of high end Yinhe blades over Loki blades. Yinhe does have a longer history of blade craftmanship. Loki I do feel, has caught up a lot on rubber production quality, however they still only make "Chinese" rubbers. Either way, its good for table tennis, with brands being aggressive and seek to fulfill gaps in the market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Loki has some hits and misses.

Haven't tried LAC yet, but I really doubt that I won't like it.

Rxton 5 is quite a good and cheap Chinese tacky rubber.

Loki GTX is puzzling. Out of package, it is horrible rubber. With a combo of booster and baby oil, its on my top tier of forehand rubbers. It has power and spin and control, everything you need. It's like a real elite hybrid rubber done right, much tackier than ESN rubbers but much faster than H3.

Loki Arthur Asia and Loki Arthur Euro Diamond are overpriced and not great. Both of them are extremely heavy. The cut weight was I believe 55g when I tried it. It might have even been 60g, I can't remember. But no less than 55g. But they also don't have the grip on the topsheet or the speed from the sponge. I believe they are made in Germany, but somehow these are just very confused offerings. They don't really fit into any product category.

Not sure how N80 plays, but some people suggested its basically a clone of H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
LAR has a more gripper topsheet than Jupiter 3
J3 Asia is hard, euro is soft, it is no where close to being a same rubber.
Asia was out first, euro is hard to get, so i'm assuming TB is using Asia.
Can't help it but just see incorrect information, so just want to speak out.

J3 isn't that great from my 15 years of playing Chinese tacky rubbers.
LAR is actually pretty decent, but I did tell Loki that price point doesn't justify where they are at the moment.

Loki isn't looking to be another Yinhe, but looking to be a top tier TT company with respectable price and product.
I did chat to them on a lot of confusion on naming and I do understanding how some of their "top tier" product is actually of good quality and fair price. But the brand value still needs to improve for the market to willing pay a premium for it.

If I didn't use H3, and I was given J3 or AR to choose, I would go with Loki AC. It is closer to the feel of my H3.

Blade wises, I actually prefer a lot of high end Yinhe blades over Loki blades. Yinhe does have a longer history of blade craftmanship. Loki I do feel, has caught up a lot on rubber production quality, however they still only make "Chinese" rubbers. Either way, its good for table tennis, with brands being aggressive and seek to fulfill gaps in the market.
Hi Tony, been following your post about loki before, i spoked with a brand representative & its true they seem to aim for respectable price & quality products, they came off to me like a serious and professional brand open to new ideas. im expecting a sample package to try some of their lineup.

Now that the wtt world championship is over Did you find time to test the new RXTON 9 & 7 you sneak peeked on another thread? This representative said to me the Rxton 7 is "similar to D09C" while Rxton 9 "is similar to Neo" (im assuming H3 Neo) what do u think about them?
i also asked for plans on more euro style rubbers and they give me some news about 2 new spikes/pimples series they will launch next month, the TELSON 450 & 475: 450 "is astringent(i assume they mean grippy topsheet not tacky) soft ligth elastic, close to proton 450 of GEWO and Donic F1.
475 "Close to XIOM Vega & Butterfly Rozena" So it appears they are looking to compete & fill some gap in that market too. Love to hear your opinion if you have any information about these new products.
i have high hopes for their young brand energy since they seem to be looking to expand on the latin american and other markets too where price/performance are crucial.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis