Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
GTX is definitely less spinny than H3 or Battle 2, but I don't find it to be unspinny. Maybe the trajectory is slightly flat, but I didn't find it unmanageable, and I didn't even think of it until you brought it up. Maybe I'll try it again today.

I'm surprised that you like the Arthur China. I haven't played Arthur China, but I tried Arthur Asia and Europe. Europe is rather heavy, and Asia is very heavy. Neither of them are very tacky, and neither of them are very fast. But they had a good feeling of control. They aren't particularly spinny either.

Have you compared Arthur China vs Europe/Asia? If China is similar, then I wouldn't find anything particularly special about it.

Nah completely different for some reason. I have tested Arthur Europ Diamond for my bh but they are both way too hard - the Asia one is even harder if i remember correct.
The Loki Arthur China is capable of providing more spin and has a better arc, compared with a lower throw angle.

I guess for me right now im gonna play The Arthur China and K2 on my both blades and see which one dies faster and will stick with the other one. Though i must say i had one of my best training sessions and matches today in a longer time with the Setup:
Yinhe Pro 01
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K2
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80

Definitly a pleasent experience^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Sooooo some weeks later i am quite certain i have my substitute for the H3 on my FH.
Loki Arthur China is really fun to play with. It is fast enough unboosted, has a great arc, really good spin capabilities and seems to be of high quality. This is my second sheet and it feels the same as the first and is just plain good.

The only disadvantage to H3 for me is the slightly flatter arc. I cant make the ball curve as hard as i was able to with the H3. But the difference is so little and relevant for like 1% of the shots i would hit in a match. That doesnt justify the 10€ more for the H3 prov+boosting.

By that i guess i have found the setup i am satisfied with. If i find the time to edit my training footage ill upload it in the video thread.

Reactions: longle and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Why don't you try boosting it?

I tested the Loki Arthur Asia, and I didn't love it. It was really heavy, and the grip wasn't high enough for me.

Is the Arthur China a dense hard sponge in the likes of H3 and B2 and Yinhe Jupiter, etc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Why don't you try boosting it?

I tested the Loki Arthur Asia, and I didn't love it. It was really heavy, and the grip wasn't high enough for me.

Is the Arthur China a dense hard sponge in the likes of H3 and B2 and Yinhe Jupiter, etc?

The Loki Arthur Asia and Europe Diamond are nothing like the Arthur China. The difference for me is night and day.
And no the sponge is more porous as you can see on the product website.

Yeah we spoke about boosting it. But as the sheet arrived i thought it doesnt make sense to boost that rubber. First of all the sponge is not a typical sponge to boost. Second if you boost you usually get especially more speed, bounce and maybe some more spin from your rubber. The rubber itself doesnt lack in either department, so i just put it on my blade without boosting it.
It literally feels like an already boosted H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

The Loki Arthur Asia and Europe Diamond are nothing like the Arthur China. The difference for me is night and day.

Yeah we spoke about boosting it. But as the sheet arrived i thought it doesnt make sense to boost that rubber. First of all the sponge is not a typical sponge to boost. Second if you boost you usually get especially more speed, bounce and maybe some more spin from your rubber. The rubber itself doesnt lack in either department, so i just put it on my blade without boosting it.

Interesting. Would like to try it someday.

Which rubber's speed would you say is most comparable to unboosted?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I wonder why Arthur China is so different from GTX? Both have a somewhat porous sponge with tacky topsheet. But GTX is very slow without boosting, and not so grippy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Interesting. For myself, I am skeptical, because I like non-porous sponges on FH. But I'd really like to know how you estimate the hardness. H38? H39? H40?...

Btw. in some other thread you mentioned some recent H3 prov. bubbled and I replied, I had no problem with bubbles but with the durability of the top-sheet. But now the H3 BS bubbled too. I found some B2, which I didn't really use, B2 H47 (other scale), and glued it. The hardness feels like H39, maybe even between H39-H40, even though the translation table says otherwise. The top-sheet feels indeed harder than H3, I don't know if it is because of the gummi or because of the pimple structure. The throw angle is a bit lower than H3. On slow shots, like pushes, it is fine. On full power shots it is fine too. In those middle range shots there is less certainty than with H3, more of those to the net, or over the net out, shots. It is 2nd week now, adjusting more. I'll keep with it for now, until it dies. It is not bad, but never again. H3, even commercial, gives better feeling to me. Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Interesting. Would like to try it someday.

Which rubber's speed would you say is most comparable to unboosted?

Hard to say. I played Tibhar Hybrid K2 which feels pretty much the same. Slightly slower, harder - so high end speed was higher. But really just by slight margin.
Maybe like a Big Dipper. But i cant 100% tell you because my last Big Dipper is a pretty while ago.

I wonder why Arthur China is so different from GTX? Both have a somewhat porous sponge with tacky topsheet. But GTX is very slow without boosting, and not so grippy.

My guess is that sponge and topsheet if completely different. I mean they are using different setups for their rubbers all over and it is the only rubber they even recommend not boosting.
Maybe that thing is factory tuned - i mean it was slightly curled out of the package.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Interesting. For myself, I am skeptical, because I like non-porous sponges on FH. But I'd really like to know how you estimate the hardness. H38? H39? H40?...

Btw. in some other thread you mentioned some recent H3 prov. bubbled and I replied, I had no problem with bubbles but with the durability of the top-sheet. But now the H3 BS bubbled too. I found some B2, which I didn't really use, B2 H47 (other scale), and glued it. The hardness feels like H39, maybe even between H39-H40, even though the translation table says otherwise. The top-sheet feels indeed harder than H3, I don't know if it is because of the gummi or because of the pimple structure. The throw angle is a bit lower than H3. On slow shots, like pushes, it is fine. On full power shots it is fine too. In those middle range shots there is less certainty than with H3, more of those to the net, or over the net out, shots. It is 2nd week now, adjusting more. I'll keep with it for now, until it dies. It is not bad, but never again. H3, even commercial, gives better feeling to me. Cheers.

Hard to say because they just mention that it is "very hard". On their scale it should be around 49+ because some other rubbers are at least scaled^^
From my personal feeling i would rate it 39-38° DHS scale. But this is just a pure guess.

Yeah you have to boost those B2 to not have this particular experience so drastically. The initial bounce is just too week from the 2 B2 rubbers i tested. Boosted on the other hand they were way closer to H3 but still lacked in the spin department. That was the reason i wasnt so satisfied with the topspin arcs i got with it.
I was about to test B2 BS but now i am too happy with the Arthur China - so i am gonna drop the thought of buying and testing it for now^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Hard to say. I played Tibhar Hybrid K2 which feels pretty much the same. Slightly slower, harder - so high end speed was higher. But really just by slight margin.
Maybe like a Big Dipper. But i cant 100% tell you because my last Big Dipper is a pretty while ago.

My guess is that sponge and topsheet if completely different. I mean they are using different setups for their rubbers all over and it is the only rubber they even recommend not boosting.
Maybe that thing is factory tuned - i mean it was slightly curled out of the package.

Oh yes I saw a video of unpacking of Arthur China, and it does look factory tuned because it is domed outward. It sounds like it might indeed be similar to Big Dipper.

But why don't you just use BD then? It's cheaper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Oh yes I saw a video of unpacking of Arthur China, and it does look factory tuned because it is domed outward. It sounds like it might indeed be similar to Big Dipper.

But why don't you just use BD then? It's cheaper.

BD has less spin in my experience and i dont like the arc.
Something like this: https://youtu.be/-YXxUptyUhE is way harder to perform with a BD (at least for me). And with the Arthur China i can do this on the regular, even in matches.

And on top Yinhe has QS issues with BD or they arent checked at all - i dunno. But there are many ppl including me who had several BD batches which felt totally different from each other. I mean that would be okish for some ppl and some ranks, but not for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I have tried and played BD in the past as well as any other failures, but... Do you still consider these rubbers a big deal since the price rise? Or is it a matter of EJ'ing?

I wouldn't hesitate if I had to pay 25-23 for an unknown from AE /, keep waiting for several weeks, boosting it to release it's top performance.... if I can get any G1 for 32.

Don't get me wrong, I have EJ'ed a gallizions of rubbers in the past, but considering the current prices it's absolutely pointless, at least for euro-vat countries

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
You mean BD has lower arc than loki china?

What other FH rubbers do you recommend?

Yeah pretty sure about that.

Tibhar Hybrid K2 felt great too for 5€ more. Had pretty much the same feeling over all.
Besides that i havent played many rubber unboosted i can recommend over all.

I forgot did you play Loki N80? How does N80 compare to ArthurChina?

No sorry didnt play that rubber.

I have tried and played BD in the past as well as any other failures, but... Do you still consider these rubbers a big deal since the price rise? Or is it a matter of EJ'ing?

I wouldn't hesitate if I had to pay 25-23 for an unknown from AE /, keep waiting for several weeks, boosting it to release it's top performance.... if I can get any G1 for 32.

Don't get me wrong, I have EJ'ed a gallizions of rubbers in the past, but considering the current prices it's absolutely pointless, at least for euro-vat countries

Loki Arthur China just came out this year so i havent seen any changes in prices here. And if this rubber stays like this for half a year or more i am more than happy with it. Nah that wasnt a matter of EJ'ing around. Maybe a little bit, but i am more about finding great quality in a lower budget because i am most disgusted by the rubber prices over all.

Well i can get this rubber for 26-28€ to germany which i would call more than acceptable. But i am not sure if you play G1 on your FH i doubt you would like this rubber. Such a tacky and hard chinese rubber feels completely different than smth like G1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I tried the GTX rubber on a few different blades, and a couple of them didn't quite feel right. It was like the ball wouldn't curve down into the table on the inner carbon blades. Today I put the GTX rubber on my Lemuria outer ZLC blade, and it seems to be a better fit.

Maybe I will keep the GTX on this blade for a while and see how it goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I found some B2, which I didn't really use, B2 H47 (other scale), and glued it. The hardness feels like H39, maybe even between H39-H40, even though the translation table says otherwise. The top-sheet feels indeed harder than H3, I don't know if it is because of the gummi or because of the pimple structure. The throw angle is a bit lower than H3. On slow shots, like pushes, it is fine. On full power shots it is fine too. In those middle range shots there is less certainty than with H3, more of those to the net, or over the net out, shots. It is 2nd week now, adjusting more. I'll keep with it for now, until it dies. It is not bad, but never again. H3, even commercial, gives better feeling to me. Cheers.

Yeah you have to boost those B2 to not have this particular experience so drastically. The initial bounce is just too week from the 2 B2 rubbers i tested. Boosted on the other hand they were way closer to H3 but still lacked in the spin department. That was the reason i wasnt so satisfied with the topspin arcs i got with it.
I was about to test B2 BS but now i am too happy with the Arthur China - so i am gonna drop the thought of buying and testing it for now^^

Update: I gave up on that B2. Two reasons, the sponge and the top-sheet, as usual. The energy felt wasted, I need H41, or perhaps H40. Second, a bit too low throw. Top-sheet feels a bit less elastic. I put the H3 BS H41 back on, nothing compares to it. Objectively...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
After a bit more testing, I am starting to like the GTX rubber. Out of package, it suffers from 2 problems. It is not bouncy and feels very dead, and it has a very flat trajectory. It feels quite hard to spin the ball into the table.

After 2 light layers of booster, the GTX becomes much bouncier and feels somewhat similar to a tensor rubber. But it still has a relatively straight trajectory.

So I tried it on my "loopiest" blade, which is the Stuor Inner ZLC. The rubber seems to pair with this blade very well. The curvy throw angle of the Stuor inner zlc seems to correct the trajectory of the GTX rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
After a bit more testing, I am starting to like the GTX rubber. Out of package, it suffers from 2 problems. It is not bouncy and feels very dead, and it has a very flat trajectory. It feels quite hard to spin the ball into the table.

After 2 light layers of booster, the GTX becomes much bouncier and feels somewhat similar to a tensor rubber. But it still has a relatively straight trajectory.

So I tried it on my "loopiest" blade, which is the Stuor Inner ZLC. The rubber seems to pair with this blade very well. The curvy throw angle of the Stuor inner zlc seems to correct the trajectory of the GTX rubber.

For me this is pretty bad, if you need another blade to make up for the shortcomings of a rubber.
And like i said, on top its spin capabilities are really low. I compared it with my spare racket, with Arthur China and Hurricane 3 on it. The difference is huge.

Right now i am back on changing things up before the upcoming season and trying out new stuff (comparable rubbers but still a bit different). Went back on B2 for my FH (+one layer of booster) and checking out Yasaka Rakza Z on my bh next week. I working on my bh technique again and i am curious if Rakza Z can perform better now than the Hurricane 8-80 or if it doesnt make a difference at all.
The blade is the only thing i wont swap for now. Yinhe Pro 01 will be my go to blade and the TG 306x will be my spare blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Definitely, this rubber is quite unusual and awkward. Once you make some adjustments, it does have potential. If you saw the video I posted of my 1 game, I was using GTX, so its not a complete failure of a rubber. I was hitting some forehand loops today, and people we're saying how much topspin there was. So it does have potential, but its a little hard to unlock, and quite strange rubber. I probably won't buy it again, but I already spent the money so I'm trying to get my money's worth out of it.

Did you boost your Arthur China? How does the Arthur China compare to the Hurricane 3 (assuming both are unboosted or both are boosted the same amount).