Anybody tried Lemuria blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/lemuria.html?d=y&origin=y&spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.26c117509Mx6Bd&catId=18&SearchText=lemuria

Lemuria seemingly has all these nice looking clone blades for sale. Anybody tried hitting with them? How good are they?

They have clones of popular blades like Vis, SZLC LYJ, ZJK, Lin Gaoyuan alc, etc.

I've got a Lemuria Mizutani Super ZLC from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002707341386.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.440434ae2L5p2G as my spare blade, with same rubbers as on my regular blade. Got curious and ordered one last year.

Very good manufacturing quality, smooth wings, comfortable handle.

I played a bunch of practice sessions with it, and did not have to make any major adjustments. It's a bit bouncier and feels less woody than my Qabod (which I had purchased on a sale from profittsport.sk in 2019 for just €99 instead of the regular €199!) but that's to be expected. Also had a hit with a real Mizutani SZLC borrowed from someone else from the club.

If it wasn't for the missing BTY logo/lens, I'd would struggle telling the difference between the real thing and this.

TBH, not sure why anyone would shell out £350 in UK (teesport price) or $400 in USA (megaspin price) for a BTY Mizutani SZLC (or any other BTY SZLC blade) when one could have a Lemuria clone for under £30 (or $35).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
How would you rate the speed and flex of your Lemuria? Was the speed and flex more or less or basically similar to the real Mizutani SZLC? Or can you compare to VIS or any other popular blade?

Any splintering issues with the surface layer?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I asked one of the sellers about the S-ZLC clone. They said that it is a clone of the S-ZLC structure, but it is actually zlc carbon fiber.

Is ZLC a widely available material than any blade maker can acquire? Or does BTY make it themselves?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I got curious and tried the Lin Yun Ju Lemuria copy. It was way inferior to the original which my friend has that we tested it against.
It wasn't a bad blade but the difference was as chalk and cheese. It also had a strange hollow high pitch knocking sound to it.
Disappointing but a good lesson learnt.
I think some of their copies may be better than others in fairness.
I wouldn't recommend the LYJ though.
I wonder if there are any copy blades that are even better than the originals!? There must be a few gems out there.....

Reactions: ADurao
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Other than the sound, what specifically was inferior in terms of play characteristics?

The speed was slower? the flex was off?

Was there splintering?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Other than the sound, what specifically was inferior in terms of play characteristics?

The speed was slower? the flex was off?

Was there splintering?

High pitch sound usually means higher blade speed.
Cheaper blades aren't necessarily slower, it's easier and cheaper to make hard stiff fast blades with no spin in my limited experience with cheap blades.

If the flex is off just turn it on.

​​​​

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

High pitch sound usually means higher blade speed.
Cheaper blades aren't necessarily slower, it's easier and cheaper to make hard stiff fast blades with no spin in my limited experience with cheap blades.

If the flex is off just turn it on.

​​​​

So my question is: did the high pitch sound come with a high speed?
And was the blade brick hard? or did it still have reasonable flex?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
If I remember rightly it was a bit harder/stiffer with less dwell than my friends legit LYJ.
I used Gear Hyper 39 Degs FH / Tenergy 05 H BH on it. Perhaps another rubber combo might have brought it to life more.
It wasn't a bad blade to me, but just seemed to lack the wow feeling that the Original definitely has.
Sorry I don't have the technical/analytical sharpness to give a more detailed review.
It was very well made / nicely finished and there were no splintering issues when the rubbers were removed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If I remember rightly it was a bit harder/stiffer with less dwell than my friends legit LYJ.
I used Gear Hyper 39 Degs FH / Tenergy 05 H BH on it. Perhaps another rubber combo might have brought it to life more.
It wasn't a bad blade to me, but just seemed to lack the wow feeling that the Original definitely has.
Sorry I don't have the technical/analytical sharpness to give a more detailed review.
It was very well made / nicely finished and there were no splintering issues when the rubbers were removed.

Do you remember how the speed was compared to original?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
It was reasonably fast as expected but perhaps not as much as the original, but only noticeable further from the table. The Orig had a little extra there for when needed. (In case you are in the UK I could send it to you to try out! .....).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It was reasonably fast as expected but perhaps not as much as the original, but only noticeable further from the table. The Orig had a little extra there for when needed. (In case you are in the UK I could send it to you to try out! .....).

Unfortunately Im in the US.

I mostly play mid-distance, so i need a bit of power from the blade. I mostly do topspin loops, so i need enough flex and spin.

I dont expect it to be exactly like LYJ, but do you think its close to Viscaria level speed to loop from mid range?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I wouldn't like to say on the speed specifically - if I hadn't taken the rubbers of it I could have checked.
I don't think it has the flex you require though. I honestly think you would be better off finding a better clone blade
than this one. Cheers....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/....0.26c117509Mx6Bd&catId=18&SearchText=lemuria

Lemuria seemingly has all these nice looking clone blades for sale. Anybody tried hitting with them? How good are they?

They have clones of popular blades like Vis, SZLC LYJ, ZJK, Lin Gaoyuan alc, etc.
I would never buy a Lemuria again. Lots of splinters came of the top layer after my replacing my rubber. The carbon layer was visible on one crack. The store I bought it from, Too Fun Store at Ali Express refused to refund. See link below; never had a blade looking this bad after removing the rubber for the first time: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vy3by_9mvCdAjiYVRIqUnIEs-cTtwEZ9/view?usp=share_link

This user has no status.
Never tried Lumuria, but I have a Stuor blade waiting for rubbers to be put on it.

From what I heard Stuor and Lumuria are in the same water selling clones of name-brand blades, but Stuor being of a higher quality level.

Haven't tried my blade (Stuor Long V clone, inner ALC) yet, but from unpacking it it seems of a high quality, even has sanded in dimples where your hand wraps around the blade, on the arch of the handle to the head of the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I would never buy a Lemuria again. Lots of splinters came of the top layer after my replacing my rubber. The carbon layer was visible on one crack. The store I bought it from, Too Fun Store at Ali Express refused to refund. See link below; never had a blade looking this bad after removing the rubber for the first time: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vy3by_9mvCdAjiYVRIqUnIEs-cTtwEZ9/view?usp=share_link
That video looks pretty bad! It is like whenver you want to change your rubbers, you might as well buy a new blade...