Best method to boost frictionless anti?

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
As majority of tacky users boost their sponge (quite openly), for anti material users what’s the best method to create a more frictionless topsheet? I have a dying 2 year old Dr N. ABS2 Soft I can experiment with.

Also would be interested to know if the same method would apply to treating long pips and any known method to make sponges more dampening?

I understand it is illegal the same way it is applied for boosting and technically when putting widely sold cleaner products on the topsheet of inverted grippy rubbers.

Last edited:

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Rubber is red, will probably be too obvious with black shoe wax haha, need to be more low key like boosters 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is nuts.
One of the main weapons is to be able to block short off the side of the table. A faster anti will make this difficult if not impossible.
The top sheet of "frictionless" antis is fragile and brittle. Once the anti is applied, it is difficult to remove it without putting crinkles in the top sheet thus ruining it.
Anti rubbers generate a lot of no or low spin balls. Hitting faster no spin balls will result in a lot of balls floating off the end if the table.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Anti can’t generate much by itself. It is reliant on the spin on the ball already, the little spin that can be achieved with frictionless is via reversal - from an incoming topspin given back as backspin or vice versa for an incoming backspin given back as topspin.

A faster anti is not so bad in itself if you are able to absorb/wipe off the speed when blocking a heavy loop which hopefully means most of the incoming spin is kept on as much as possible. Let’s say a 10/10 topspin could be given back as 8/10, or 7/10 backspin depending on the properties of the anti. It can never be given back equal or greater than the initial spin as against anti, the spin depreciates (hope I’ve used the right word) as soon as it leaves the inverted players rubber.

A faster anti works well against strong backspin as the resulting reversal can result in a quite a strong drive just by hitting up through the ball aiming 2-4cm over the net, using the reversed backspin (that is now topspin) to get the ball onto the table.

Last edited: