My Table Tennis Channel on YouTube

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You are a great player and the videos are great too. I'm also a lefty who switched to penhold albeit I'm pretty, bad:).Maybe you could make some longer instructional videos with commentary or subtitles too.​​

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Hello Victor ! My son is moving to penhold. Did you begin in penhold grip or did you move from shakehand ?
In that case, what would you tell him to help to do the transition ? What problems have you occur and how did you solve it ?

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Hello Victor ! My son is moving to penhold. Did you begin in penhold grip or did you move from shakehand ?
In that case, what would you tell him to help to do the transition ? What problems have you occur and how did you solve it ?

Hello 🙌.
I started playing with penhold Grip. I just liked it 🤗
Maybe you can ask in the forum with that title "Transition from Shakehand to Penhold Grip".
What's the main reason your son moves to Penhold?
On my side, I like the wrist freedom to make different serves and being creative on the table. Being a kid I had only one rubber "Traditional Backhand" and then I made the transition to 2 of them and then I started developing my RPB.
Keep in mind the weight of his paddle, using 2 rubbers to avoid wrist issues. 👌

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello 🙌.
I started playing with penhold Grip. I just liked it 🤗
Maybe you can ask in the forum with that title "Transition from Shakehand to Penhold Grip".
What's the main reason your son moves to Penhold?
On my side, I like the wrist freedom to make different serves and being creative on the table. Being a kid I had only one rubber "Traditional Backhand" and then I made the transition to 2 of them and then I started developing my RPB.
Keep in mind the weight of his paddle, using 2 rubbers to avoid wrist issues. 👌
It was at first just for fun, and he loved the new abilities it gave to him. For now the problem is that even with a Cpen blade, he struggles for holding his racket without suffer and securely. Perhaps due to insufficient sanding. I left 1cm without rubber on forehand side but I think you don’t ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Imo it helps to sand a lot in a 45 degree angle on index finger side

https://ibb.co/WnDC6Rw

Also maybe use a thinner round handle bat like sanwei m8 for a year until his hand is large enough. His bat is very nice but maybe that handle is still too large for him.
​​​​​