My Table Tennis Channel on YouTube

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Hello everyone, my name is Victor Moraga 🏓

I'm a left handed penhold player, and I started my youtube channel six months ago. In my opinion, We can all contribute to table tennis from different perspectives.

I'm living in USA and my current USATT rating is 2258. My ELO rating 😎 on VR Eleven TT is 2456 "I started 2 weeks ago"

I decided to contribute to the table tennis community, learning and improving some skills related to photography and videography. I hope you enjoy the content, product reviews and experience in the tournaments.

I will be very grateful for any comment, feedback, or suggestion. Thanks in advance for your support.

Reactions: Theo21 and dajdosta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi Victor, Please give me advice.

When I practice, I feel like I can hit my loops around 70% of your ability. I can hit with speed and spin and I feel good about my forehand loop.

But in a game, I often freeze. I freeze up and I'm afraid to attack, and I make a lot of errors on chops/pushes. I'm usually unable to get into attacking rallies in games. How can I translate my topspin game into a actual game?

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Hi Michael, I think we've all been there.
In my case, I started getting more and more confidence being consistent in training. I mean increasing the days training a week. Before any match, 15 minutes just body Warm-Up and at least 15 minutes for warm up on the table.
I think the forum has a lot of players, and I could take a look to know how they deal with the pressure/stress. Talking about rest. The night before games or tournaments, spend time sleeping really well. I can confirm about the difference in performance, when we don't rest enough.

Even, if you keep that problem on training matches. Try to relax more. Confidence is key too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
In my mind, I'm thinking that if I do a opening loop and he returns it, we are in a 50-50 rally.

If I do a opening loop and I miss, then I lost point 100%. So I feel like I'm at a disadvantage against very conservative, defensive, pushing players. They can win a lot of easy points just from my misses.

But when I play high-ranked offensive players, my mentality changes. If I just chop, he will loop against me and win. So I have to attack early. Against these players, I am far more pro-active and win a lot of my own attacking points.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
at the beginning of the video, i can see you have something black at the end of your fingers ? what is it exactly ? I never saw anyone else doing this

Hey 👋. I had a lot of problems when I put another rubber in the backhand. And because of sweating too much, my fingers slowly slipped and then I lost the grip.
I tried different products and at the end "Athletic Tape" works wonderfully to me. Regards

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I was doing some research on YouTube, looking how we " the table tennis community" provide content to the world.
Unfortunately, I found a bunch of YouTube channels just re-uploading content "resizing - hiding logos" for making content INSTEAD creating a fresh new content.
COME ON, you can do better than that.

Are you agree that, we could make more table tennis content than simply "steal" from the official source?
BTW, that's one of the points I decided to do content myself, and everything I upload is recorded and editing by myself.

I really appreciate your comments on this one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I would like to hear more content about topics that are often overlooked or not talked about in proper detail. Details and intrigues. I often post little questions that I have, those might be good content for youtube videos. EmRattich does a good job of covering topics that others don't, but even he doesn't cover some topics that I would like to hear.

Just some topics that pop into my mind:
- Advantages of major blade archetypes. For example: Koto-ALC archetype vs Limba-InnerALC archetype. Hard Tacky rubber vs Tensor vs Hybrid
- Why pros have changed to different equipment
- Best cheap rubbers and blades. I have been compiling a list of the best under $15 rubbers I can find
- Why certain pros are rising and falling
- Observations of trends from a tournament.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Awesome awesome awesome videos!

Fantastic content, well filmed, well edited and hits the sweet spot between "not quite professional standard, yet still a standard most people can only dream of..... Whilst feeling like it's an achievable level".

A couple of recommendations......

You seem to be playing left handed and with a RPB grip? Have you tried right handed shake hold.... It's much easier 😂 (a joke for anyone who doesn't get the amazing English humour 😂).

Looking forward to seeing more!

• Love
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Awesome awesome awesome videos!

Fantastic content, well filmed, well edited and hits the sweet spot between "not quite professional standard, yet still a standard most people can only dream of..... Whilst feeling like it's an achievable level".

A couple of recommendations......

You seem to be playing left handed and with a RPB grip? Have you tried right handed shake hold.... It's much easier 😂 (a joke for anyone who doesn't get the amazing English humour 😂).

Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will keep learning and improving about the videos and how to provide a better content.
😆 I will try right handed shake hold 😄🏓

• Haha
Reactions: NDH
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Great channel and videos with superb camera work and lighting - and I love watching you play with such controlled aggression, very impressive indeed.
Thank you 😊. More tournaments coming next week. Perfect timing for measuring the training done.
I will record everything too.
Thank you for the support 🏓

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yup 🍊 Orange County. I'm going down to San Diego weekly for training with Stellan Bengtsson at ASLT. See you.

Oh wow. I went to visit ASLT on Saturday to watch my friend's son play his tournament. I don't usually play at ASLT though because I'm not a member.

Maybe if you have spare time before or after your training, we could hang out or practice together sometime.

• Love