Yinhe Neptune vs Dhs Cloud and Fog 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hello,
I am a long pimples all around player. I am curious if anyone tried the yinhe neptune and knows how it compares to Dhs cloud and fog 3.
I currently use Dhs cf3 1.0 mm but it lacks control,spin reversal and it s very fast for me.
Is yinhe neptune more controllable keeping the same amount of backspin when chopping as dhs cf3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I've played with both (around 1mm sponge), on a Defplay senso....

C&F3 is indeed faster & springy'er than Neptune .. It's also offers more reversal than Neptune ...

Neptune is slower, and easier to control.. I can hit more consistently with Neptune, but the hits with C&F are more effective..

Both rubbers to well, at passive blocking, close to the table... However, I feel C&F has a an edge over here.. I feel it's sponge, does well to absorb a lot of power..

The C&F, I feel also handles no-spin balls better..

While Chopping from mid-distance, I found the Neptune to a bit more consistent in keep the ball on the table, but I feel C&F is a bit more effective.

Returning serves, I feel is easier with the Neptune, but with a bit of adjustment, the C&F can be more effective..

Personally, I like both rubbers - I would have the C&F3 on a not too fast blade, that offers some dwell-time .. I'd prefer the Neptune on a slightly faster blade..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi,

I've played with both (around 1mm sponge), on a Defplay senso....

C&F3 is indeed faster & springy'er than Neptune .. It's also offers more reversal than Neptune ...

Neptune is slower, and easier to control.. I can hit more consistently with Neptune, but the hits with C&F are more effective..

Both rubbers to well, at passive blocking, close to the table... However, I feel C&F has a an edge over here.. I feel it's sponge, does well to absorb a lot of power..

The C&F, I feel also handles no-spin balls better..

While Chopping from mid-distance, I found the Neptune to a bit more consistent in keep the ball on the table, but I feel C&F is a bit more effective.

Returning serves, I feel is easier with the Neptune, but with a bit of adjustment, the C&F can be more effective..

Personally, I like both rubbers - I would have the C&F3 on a not too fast blade, that offers some dwell-time .. I'd prefer the Neptune on a slightly faster blade..

@Funk Fu Master - can i ask what your style is?

The reason I ask is that I am going to try switching styles over the summer to see if i prefer to a modern defender and have a sheet of DHS C&F3 on my Bh for testing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews

Dhs cf3 is good for a modern defender,nasty chops, thats why i currently use it, however you have to play far from the table to chop with it because it pretty fast, that s why im thinking of changing to neptune, because im trying to play a little bit closer to the table. You should try it to see if it suits you, however be careful of the playing space you have behind when going to chop from behind because i currently have my arm in a cast because i went too far to chop and fell outside the playing area and broke my wrist. Start with dhs cf3 and then see, if you like playing defense but not the rubber, you cam switch

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

@Funk Fu Master - can i ask what your style is?

The reason I ask is that I am going to try switching styles over the summer to see if i prefer to a modern defender and have a sheet of DHS C&F3 on my Bh for testing

I play a mixed-style .. ie . I'll play close to the table, as well as move away, mid-distance from the table .. It depends, on the type of player I'm playing against, the type of equipment I'm playing with (I have multiple setup, with different types of blades & rubbers), and my mood..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

be careful of the playing space you have behind when going to chop from behind because i currently have my arm in a cast because i went too far to chop and fell outside the playing area and broke my wrist. Start with dhs cf3 and then see, if you like playing defense but not the rubber, you cam switch

yikees .. that's nasty .. wish you a speedy recovery .

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello,
I am a long pimples all around player. I am curious if anyone tried the yinhe neptune and knows how it compares to Dhs cloud and fog 3.
I currently use Dhs cf3 1.0 mm but it lacks control,spin reversal and it s very fast for me.
Is yinhe neptune more controllable keeping the same amount of backspin when chopping as dhs cf3?
I've used a couple of long pips when I played defence. Blade is palio 2008 chop 1. Tsp p1r is my favourite, and I've used dawei 388d-1, which is fast with good reversal, but can fly off pretty easy. The neptune is dead compared to both of them, very slow with decent grip, it needs a thick sponge to play defence with. As an ox for block, I don't think it would play well because it's got petty high grip. It has very low trajectory, much like the 388d-1 but again, it lacks power. 388d-1 is much spinier and has a bit harder feel, much more dangerous for the opponent, also woblier ball and much more variation. 388d-1 is harder to learn, but worth the trouble. Tsp is a good stable very spinny pips for defense. Neptune is good for beginners, or if you have a faster blade, but not for much else.